Missing Children

Z...

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Does anyone know of the link or source which deals with statistical data on number of children that go missing in Europe and UK every year.

Thanks.

Hi Deckard,

I haven't a straight answer for you but from what I've read so far it's buried in annual rapports which can be found on the many organisations that deals with missing children.

The problem of missing children is complex and multifaceted. There are different types of missing children including family abductions, endangered runaways, non-family abductions, and lost, injured, or otherwise missing children (including disappeared unaccompanied minors seeking asylum). It is today not possible to obtain comprehensive statistics across the European Union regarding missing and sexually exploited children. According to the Commission's Childoscope study on the contribution of civil society in finding missing and sexually exploited children (published in 2004) [1] , statistics regarding sexual exploitation of children and missing children are generally unavailable in the EU. Data gathering is seldom organised at a national level and the available data are largely difficult to access and little or no details can be obtained.

To give an indication on the extent of the problem in some European countries, the following statistics can be obtained from national sources:

In Italy, police records show that 1.850 minors went missing in 2005[2];
In Belgium, the number of dossiers reported by the police was 1.022 in 2005[2];
In the UK, police recorded 846 cases of child abductions in 2002/03[3] , while the total cases of missing children (runaways for any reason) is estimated at 70.000 annually[4].
From _http://www.Missing.co.uk
Every year over 70,000 children go missing in the UK.
ICMEC (.org) for example maintain a database of missing children. I don't think it will give you the full picture though imho.

Maybe someone already gathered the data somewhere.

Do you mind if I ask you why you're asking this ?

Thanks Tigersoap, I was unable to find any reliable source on the net.

Tigersoap said:
Do you mind if I ask you why you're asking this ?
Not at all, I just want to establish the facts.
Recently I was involved in a funny disscusion that was sparked by the case of british girl gone missing in Portugal.
I am sure you heard of this case as this case has been given a lot of media attention all over EU.

I remember CS's throwing some alarming figures about missing children and it would be nice to have some hard data to back up this.

well maybe this not so so easy
EU directive says following:

The problem of missing children is complex and multifaceted. There are different types of missing children including family abductions, endangered runaways, non-family abductions, and lost, injured, or otherwise missing children (including disappeared unaccompanied minors seeking asylum). It is today not possible to obtain comprehensive statistics across the European Union regarding missing and sexually exploited children. According to the Commission's Childoscope study on the contribution of civil society in finding missing and sexually exploited children (published in 2004) [1] , statistics regarding sexual exploitation of children and missing children are generally unavailable in the EU. Data gathering is seldom organised at a national level and the available data are largely difficult to access and little or no details can be obtained.

To give an indication on the extent of the problem in some European countries, the following statistics can be obtained from national sources:

* In Italy, police records show that 1.850 minors went missing in 2005[2];
* In Belgium, the number of dossiers reported by the police was 1.022 in 2005[2];
* In the UK, police recorded 846 cases of child abductions in 2002/03[3] , while the total cases of missing children (runaways for any reason) is estimated at 70.000 annually[4].

Deckard said:
Not at all, I just want to establish the facts.
Recently I was involved in a funny disscusion that was sparked by the case of british girl gone missing in Portugal.
I am sure you heard of this case as this case has been given a lot of media attention all over EU.
I remember CS's throwing some alarming figures about missing children and it would be nice to have some hard data to back up this.
Thanks.
I was curious to know if this was somehow related to the recently missing girl.

Is it me or the whole thing was weird, especially the parents reaction and the whole media fuss around it.
You never going to believe me but I thought that they did it from the start.
Maybe they did not do it, that's still a possibility but the latest deal they tried to give the her mother really sounded too weird, accidental death ? for two years in prison ? Someone does not want to look too much like an idiot osit.

I don't think the real numbers of missing kids can be found because this does not take into account the missing children not reported to the police for example.
The children living in the streets will never be accounted for.
All the disparitions, abuse and so on, this is just so wrong.

Tigersoap said:
You never going to believe me but I thought that they did it from the start.
O yes I believe you as I had the same gut feeling from the start. Something just isnt right with this case.

Deckard, a starting point for your inquiries may be http://www.doenetwork.org/ - mostly US cases, large database.

Re the "Maddy madness", yes, I also had the feeling that there was/is something strange to the case. The same goes for the case of re-appeared Natascha Kampusch.

And there is something else (@ Mods: this is controversial, you may want to delete/edit what follows): I stumbled across a posting on a forum of Christians in German (_http://tinyurl.com/2sa5wh) which quotes extensively from an article by Israel Shamir (original in english http://www.israelshamir.net/English/Eng11.htm) re the controversial Toaff book (full PDF at Shamir's site). According to Shamir quoting from Toaff, in the case of Simon of Trent, a child abducted and killed in medieval Italy (emphasis mine))
And now we come back to Dr Ariel Toaff. While going through the papers of the trial, he made a staggering discovery: instead of being dictated by the zealous investigators under torture, the confessions of the killers contained material totally unknown to the Italian churchmen or police. The killers belonged to the small and withdrawn Ashkenazi community, they practiced their own rites, quite different from those used by the native Italian Jews; these rites were faithfully reproduced in their confessions, though they were not known to the Crime Squad of the day. “These liturgical formulas in Hebrew with a strong anti-Christian tone cannot be projections of the judges who could not know these prayers, which didn't even belong to Italian rites but to the Ashkenazi tradition," Toaff wrote. A confession is of value only if it contains some true and verifiable details of the crime the police did not know of. This iron rule of criminal investigation was observed in Trent trials.
This would IMHO explain why this stuff goes on and somehow all investigations everywhere come to naught ("inner sect" and such). Second, the author of the mentioned post in German stated (translation mine)
Do I have to make it clear that the disappearances of children in France very often (in 40 or 50% of the cases) affect children who come traditional Catholic ("traditionskatholischen") families ? It would sound like a defamation to say that all of these were perpetrated by Jews. I just want to say that ritual murder still exists today ...
Maddy's family is from England, and they are probably Anglican (my assumption), but: yesterday they showed some poof piece about Maddy parents on TV, and they mentioned that the parents had something to do with a church in their vacations place, and that they were in possession of the key to the church there - a sign to me that these people are religious, whatever it may mean.

Hope that helps you in whatever you are trying to find out.

I agree that there is something very odd about the Maddy case. I've been following it a bit lately, and man, there is one twist after another. This case seems to be the most written about event both in the mainstream papers and on the net. It's absolutely everywhere! And when you think about how many prominent figures (politicians, entertainers, sports figures etc..) seem to be so certain that the McCann's could not possibly be involved, well it strikes me as strange. I suspect that we may never know what really happened.

Missing Children World Wide

While reading this article here, I wondered about the total number of children reported missing and if there were figures for the numerous countries world wide. Here is what I found:-

India - 10 lakhs per annum (1 million)
Belgium - 2928 for year 2007
Romania - 354 for year 2007
France - 706 for year 2007
UK - 4802 for year 2007
USA - 797,500 for one year period

Now there is a website that collects these data but as you can see, the figures do not tally. For example, if you searched under USA the figures for male and female combined comes up to only 932 for a one year period. A far cry from the 797500 as reported by the US Justice department. Strange that for a US based non-profit organization, it doesn't have the same numbers as the US Justice department. For India, it shows zero missing!

Another website quotes figures a lot closer to the US Justice department but it does not have figures for the rest of the world.

It seems to me that to get world wide figures, once has to do a country by country search. There doesn't seem to be a place where one can get accurate figures for the entire world. The actual numbers must be truly horrifying.

Is the figure of 932 (I got 930 when I searched) actual persons who stay missing? I think pepperfritz underneath the article had something very interesting to say:
Niall wrote:
"That figure can't be right - 797,500 American children have been reported missing in the last year?!?"

Thats "reported" missing, not "stayed missing". Children are reported missing all the time, then found a short time later perfectly safe. I'd like to know what the figure is for children reported missing, and either still missing or later found harmed or dead.
I'm not really sure if he is right or not, but it seems like 797,500 per year missing and STAYED missing would be a lot, and might cause more people to wake up about the issue. The 930 figure seems a little more reasonable (?)

Anyways, I'm not really sure there is any good info on world wide statistics for missing children, I don't see how it would be possible to really even get a good statistic on that but it seems like its something we should know! Like you said, for India it shows zero missing, thats obviously not right, but I think we can assume its a lot (I think 930 is A LOT, thats like taking my school I used to go to and wipe it off the face of the earth!), but probably not 797,500 for one country. Maybe I'm assuming too much here, but thats what would seem logical to me, fwiw.

There is another website (National Center for Missing and Exploited Children) which has copies of the October 2002 reports by the U.S. Department of Justice - National Incidence Studies of Missing, Abducted, Runaway, and Thrownaway Children.

The reports are quite complicated and it quickly becomes apparent that the true meaning is hidden in a mass of categories, types and estimates. It's not easy to come up with the right figures just be having a quick look...

Perhaps some more forum members would like to have a look and post their comments in this thread? What I find curious is that they are full of estimates and confidence intervals - not really actual figures. Why would that be... To obscure data?

It would be very interesting to hear from somebody with experience in social studies.

Just remember this when looking at the "statistics". They provide numbers for "children REPORTED missing". Most children who are "reported" missing, are subsequently located, free from harm or any kind of foul play. The statistics that don't seem to exist are those for children reported missing, and either still missing or subsequently found harmed or dead -- those would be the "statistics" that would provide the true picture.

That having been said, even one child who falls into the latter category is one TOO MANY.

Hi PepperFritz, I saw your comment in the original article at SOTT which made me want to look for more accurate numbers. Alas, I don't think it's going to be easy. I suspect that you might be right in stating that the figures are for, as you say, "children REPORTED missing".

adam7117 said:
The reports are quite complicated and it quickly becomes apparent that the true meaning is hidden in a mass of categories, types and estimates. It's not easy to come up with the right figures just be having a quick look...
Agreed and so how does one go about trying to get some accurate numbers?

Vulcan59 said:
India - 10 lakhs per annum (1 million)
Belgium - 2928 for year 2007
Romania - 354 for year 2007
France - 706 for year 2007
UK - 4802 for year 2007
USA - 797,500 for one year period
I'm probably stating the obvious, but with what we know about child trafficking occurring up to the highest levels of control and power in this country (and the world) - they have lots of good reasons (and the power) to make it very difficult to get an accurate picture of how many children 'stay missing' - and that's only on the 3D level - if you add in the hyperdimensional aspect, no wonder... (as horrific as it is...).

Also, considering the figures Vulcan posted above, the C's mentioning that 10% more children go missing each year (due to hyperdimensional denizens), with the majority of those from India, comes to mind. (apologies, I don't have access to look up the session atm and am paraphrasing).

Back
Top Bottom