Mind-Blowing AI Image Generator - Give Visual Representation to C's Concepts?

Rig
As an interesting side note, as an artist myself (mainly music, photography and film making) I have always felt, especially with the music, that it's my way of channeling. It's like the ideas and melodies are coming through me from DCM or higher powers (Thors pantheon etc) and I add my own life experiences and energy to it. Is it possible that the same could be done through AI at some stage when it becomes more "aware"?
I agree, the C’s also mentioned that the real way to experience something like Riverdance is by being in the audience and not watching on television. So each barrier that gets added between the artist and audience dilutes the essence and certainly allows others to corrupt that essence.

Which means places like the Metaverse are literally a dead sort of AI hell, the opposite of what they’re advertised as. Then again, perhaps the Metaverse is just the manifestation of Zuckerberg’s essence.

I have just quickly flicked through this thread after watching the first video. (And that guy in the video is so smooth he is slippery.)
No offence to anyone who digs this, but I find the images being created by this 'intelligence' completely soulless, lacking in light frequency. It does not matter how 3D it appears to be, it is all so ARTIFICIAL, too 'perfect'. Alejo said 'pretty' and I would agree - with some of the images. Not only that, the whole thing with art is that it is a constant creation - the creator and the subject and the materials and light interfacing together over 'time' as it comes to 'life' and offers many pathways in terms of its potential. There is emotion, feeling, a sensory, tactile experience... inspiration from the deepest parts of the soul! I don't feel any of that kind of energy with this.

If anything, a lot of the 'source info' of whatever the program runs from feels like some pretty dark frequency, as if this program is reaching into the darker parts of human consciousness. It is interesting, but VERY creepy to me personally. It is almost as if it has the capacity to over-ride human imagination, creating images that are not genuinely reflective of the vision they hold in their mind, but instead turn the mind in a different direction and the viewer has no option but to follow. It almost feels like layers of programming going on for the viewer who is participating. I felt a lot of 'heaviness' in the frequency of what the program has created, not necessarily even in the image but in what is behind it. Apologies for 'rant', but it made me very uncomfortable.

Personally, I don't find any of the images truly beautiful, and many of them really are quite creepy. But then I suppose that's to be expected given that this is apparently just 'machine learning' hoovering up everything humans write, say, and do, and creating 'art' that is a reflection of the current state of 3d existence.

I'm in the same boat with those who find the images soulless, and even creepy sometimes. @987baz , I imagine your songs to be less gloomy and spooky than these modern-art-like images, for example.

It's like video game graphics: well done (and impressive if this is machine learning), but... yeah, its use would be pretty limited if it can only learn from what humans in the current situation produce. OSIT. Not that it can't be used to produce some interesting images, but... I wouldn't get too excited if I were you.

@987baz , I imagine your songs to be less gloomy and spooky than these modern-art-like images, for example.

haha some of the new album is kinda gloomy, well, maybe not gloomy, but emotional I think is a better term, only because it's a reflection of what I've been going through over the last 18 months or so ;) But I take your point :)

I understand what people are saying, and agree it is a bit soulless, but, there is plenty of human art that is also in the same bracket is there not? Not all art is beautiful, sometimes it's ugly, sometimes it's meant to be, its point is to make you feel something, or to express grief or loss or frustration. I guess the difference lies in the intent!!! and the AI can't have intent when making images, so that's probably why it feels cold or soulless!?

I find this AI stuff useful for ideas and instead of using stock images I can generate pieces to manipulate and play with, in short, it's a tool, like photoshop, I mean the AI in photoshop now is pretty ridiculous, and time saving, I could never draw or paint an image close to these images, so it gives me a new set of images to work with and combine with photography.

Anyway, I'm not trying to sway anyone to love the images or to put them on their walls, It'll never replace what humans can do, it's borg art haha, a synthesis of a collective but that doesn't mean, at least to me, that it is not useful.

It's all in the input prompt, the AI doesn't really understand "english" per se, so you have to play around with how you input things, and what weight you give the elements, usually the first images it comes up with aren't the greatest, you have to refine and tell it to make more variations along the lines of one of the images it gives you that you like or is the closest to what you want. You can also tell it to make the image in the style of (insert artist) and it will give you something with the "vibe" of that artist. some examples below from the user gallery for less gloomy images

I subscribed to you on the MidJourney website. Good stuff!
I'm still testing a lot though, but haven't figured out how it can give me what I want. It's great at landscapes, cities, houses, characters...but specific situations it sucks at...Love it though!!!
It's potential damage to art doesn't worry me "much". It's a tool, used for good or ill...

I subscribed to you on the MidJourney website. Good stuff!
I'm still testing a lot though, but haven't figured out how it can give me what I want. It's great at landscapes, cities, houses, characters...but specific situations it sucks at...Love it though!!!
It's potential damage to art doesn't worry me "much". It's a tool, used for good or ill...

this might help you understand what different prompt variables will do :)

Also here's a great youtube vid explaining some of the style guides :)

edited to add link

Last edited:
Maybe MK Scarlett and the other artists will pitch in. I have trained myself to at least recognize art to some degree from around 2005 and have earned money with it and planning my pension around it..

Artists, even mediocre ones like me, have developed the visual equivalent of the musician's Absolute Pitch / Perfect Pitch:
Perfect pitch refers to a person’s ability to identify any musical note by name after hearing it, without reference to other notes. Perfect pitch—also known more technically as absolute pitch—can also refer to the ability that some singers have to sing a given note on cue.
The art of painting and the art of creating music naturally go & flow together. So we can feel the vibe & flow that is coming off an image. Or in this case oozing from it, like a yellow death plague sludge.

These images crept me the heck out. They are not only soulless, but I think they are visual Wetiko. Thus match what I call during my movie evaluations as 'Anti-Life'-elements:

Promoting death by hypnotically forcing onto the mind of the viewer - via highly toxic visual means - progressive mental-disintegration in a movie. Partial demonic possession via 5thD parasites, etc..

WEF promotes this non-existence: slave to the Central Machine Brain. NanoBots controlled, Vaxxed to Hell anti-life, when the slave recognizes there is no escape - he won't be allowed to die - as he-she is imprisoned forever in a zombie body. I think this is what Dr. Sherri Tenpenny called "There Are Things Worse Than Death".

If evil intent from hell somehow can be made into form of visual imagery, this is it:

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."
Friedrich Nietzsche

With these images, I think, the Abyss gazes back at you! Probably propagated by the Life-Eater allied forces of Anti-Creation as an invitation to dissolution & become their food.

The C's have warned us repeatedly in multiple sessions about to be very careful what modern music / video content you ingest:

I found two quotes perfectly matching these images, I think:
Revelation 6:8
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

King James Version (KJV)

The best ever lyrics for this - I think - was created by Johnny Cash in his song titled
"The Man Comes Around"
When he simply says these lines with his unforgettable ballad-telling voice:
And I heard, as it were, the noise of thunder: one of the four beasts saying:
- "Come and see."
And I saw. And behold, a white horse..

..And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, and I looked and behold: a pale horse.

And his name, that sat on him, was Death.

And Hell followed with him.
You have to hear it for the full effect. He does it right in the beginning and at the end of the song, so you can skip there:

Last edited:
I understand what people are saying, and agree it is a bit soulless, but, there is plenty of human art that is also in the same bracket is there not? Not all art is beautiful, sometimes it's ugly, sometimes it's meant to be, its point is to make you feel something, or to express grief or loss or frustration. I guess the difference lies in the intent!!! and the AI can't have intent when making images, so that's probably why it feels cold or soulless!?
But there's beauty in the gloom of some of those dark songs I think, most people, me included, remember sad songs as some of the most beautiful ones.

What I think others mean by soulless, and please correct me if I am wrong, is that the images while colorful and aesthetically pretty, lack the humanity in them that evokes the artist's being in you, and what they were feeling when they painted, wrote the song, played the music. Does that make sense? there's no one on the other side to connect with.

Sad songs written and played in dark moments, that perhaps convey a feeling of wanting to disappear or something, for instance, convey that, and can evoke deep emotions in people. And I think there's a difference between that, and simply not feeling anyone else on the other end of piece of art.

And I think if we take that a bit further, the reason art is so powerful, is because it connects us with someone else across time and space...but also, there's perhaps a recognition at some level that the artist was connected to existence itself. I think we recognize a lot more in a work of art than the artist, if that makes sense.

Now, that isn't to say that there's not a creative process in writing up the AI, that was a human effort and has its own beauty and order. But I think that there's the purpose of the tool that might clarify my position. With Photoshop, for instance, I can manipulate and create something, the purpose of Photoshop (roughly speaking) is to enhance or make more efficient my ability to create (photoshop is also used for darker purposes too).

The purpose of this AI, seems to me, is to attempt to translate feelings into a picture, not enhancing the efficiency of creativity, but attempting to create a shortcut for the creative process, that's where humanity disappears from the pictures IMO. It's a process that can't be skipped. It's like if a machine asked you for a few thoughts and then wrote your song for you. Harmonious and with the "right" tones and melodies.. but the musician wouldn't be there.

Personally, I don't find any of the images truly beautiful, and many of them really are quite creepy. But then I suppose that's to be expected given that this is apparently just 'machine learning' hoovering up everything humans write, say, and do, and creating 'art' that is a reflection of the current state of 3d existence.

Speaking of which, I caught this the other day, go figure

AI-generated artwork wins first place in fine arts competition, sparks controversy

The image represents a kind of 'opera in space' and gives the impression of having been painted by a masterful hand.

Jason Allen, president of the board game company Incarnate Games, won first place in the fine arts competition at the Colorado State Fair (USA) on Monday, using a work of art generated by artificial intelligence (AI).

According to the pamphlet with the results, published by the fair, the work in question is called 'Théâtre D'opéra Spatial' and won in the digital art category. The image represents a kind of 'opera in space' and gives the impression of having been painted by a masterful hand.

However, according to Allen himself, the work was made by the AI software Midjourney, which specializes in creating artistic images using text instructions.

This sparked controversy on social media, where artists and enthusiasts accused Allen of pushing for the death of traditional painting.

"The biggest problem is that (presumably), the judges didn't realize it was AI, yet they thought it was good enough to win. Doesn't bode well for the 'human vs. AI' illustration debate," wrote one user. "This is disgusting," lamented another.

However, some people reacted in the opposite way, expressing support for the news. "The end product is what matters. If AI can create amazing art, isn't that a good thing?" one Twitter user wondered.

"It's actually great. The process of exploration and guidance by a human is really something unique. Just because it's not your niche, doesn't mean it's the end of your world," noted another user, concluding that, if anything, traditional artists should learn to use AI, "if only for inspiration."

But there's beauty in the gloom of some of those dark songs I think, most people, me included, remember sad songs as some of the most beautiful ones.

What I think others mean by soulless, and please correct me if I am wrong, is that the images while colorful and aesthetically pretty, lack the humanity in them that evokes the artist's being in you, and what they were feeling when they painted, wrote the song, played the music. Does that make sense? there's no one on the other side to connect with.

Sad songs written and played in dark moments, that perhaps convey a feeling of wanting to disappear or something, for instance, convey that, and can evoke deep emotions in people. And I think there's a difference between that, and simply not feeling anyone else on the other end of piece of art.

And I think if we take that a bit further, the reason art is so powerful, is because it connects us with someone else across time and space...but also, there's perhaps a recognition at some level that the artist was connected to existence itself. I think we recognize a lot more in a work of art than the artist, if that makes sense.

Indeed to all your wrote. But to me at least, there is something about the "impressions" we get from art, and the ones the artist transmits. For example, a poem on "a bleeding" or "a broken heart", could be translated into a beautiful painting of a person suffering. Just the eyes would tell the story. It's sad, but it has depth. On the other hand, what seems to be happening with the AI stuff, is that you get a (literally) bleeding heart, almost a gory painting. Or something dark and sad, but which doesn't really convey emotions. That's why I would call it soulless too. But of course, since AI is just "learning" from artists out there, this says more about art nowdays than it does about AI itself, OSIT.

Indeed to all your wrote. But to me at least, there is something about the "impressions" we get from art, and the ones the artist transmits. For example, a poem on "a bleeding" or "a broken heart", could be translated into a beautiful painting of a person suffering. Just the eyes would tell the story. It's sad, but it has depth. On the other hand, what seems to be happening with the AI stuff, is that you get a (literally) bleeding heart, almost a gory painting. Or something dark and sad, but which doesn't really convey emotions. That's why I would call it soulless too. But of course, since AI is just "learning" from artists out there, this says more about art nowdays than it does about AI itself, OSIT.
True, and then there's also what the C's said once about hygiene and what we let in our fields, and I seem to remember that the conversation went on about movies and music, and I suppose we could add the AI creations from here on out. I think this is one of the reasons having this discussion is so useful.

And not to go on a tangent here, though I think it is related in an off hand way, but for some reason this thread reminded me of something the guy that came to fix my internet a few weeks ago said about women. The conversation started as we were discussing the covid rules that he, and home owners, had to abide by in order to get internet serviced or installed when everyone was working from home, which lead to a conversation about online dating.

He mentioned how in his experience online dating took off with covid, but that these days it was becoming so difficult to discern real women from the ones created by surgery, which then lead to a conversation about the impossible burger and lab created meats.

And I may be wrong but there's something similar, perhaps, in this type of art. And it is indeed a sign of our times, it's becoming difficult to discern real women from the ones created by surgery, and something so simple and natural as eating meat is also being hijacked by laboratory creations, or at least attempted to be hijacked.

Back
Top Bottom