meteors, seen but unreported by the media

jim

A Disturbance in the Force
Hey Everybody,

The reason that I signed on to this site was in hopes of finding someone who witnesses something I did on a november night in 2003. I dont remember the exact date, but it was somewhere near the last ten or so days in november. My girlfriend and I were in the jacuzzi at approx. 3.30 to 4.00 Am. We live in Yuma, Arizona. That will give you an idea our approx. latitude. Looking due south, at about 20 to 25 degrees above the horizon, we spotted a meteor skimming along the atmosphere. It was a good size fireball that took about 20 to 30 seconds to travel from one end to the other. I considered the other possibilities of explanation and still returned to a meteor as the anomilly. (if someone cares to contact me to discuss possibilities further, I welcome that) It left a con trail a bit larger than the fireball itself that dissipated at the same rate across its length, not from the oldest to the newest point of sight.

What or who Im looking for is someone else who may have witnessed this.

Thanx,

Jim

jim said:
The reason that I signed on to this site was in hopes of finding someone who witnesses something I did on a november night in 2003
[...]
What or who Im looking for is someone else who may have witnessed this.
Hi Jim,

If you search sott.net you will find many examples of what you have witnessed and you'll see that Meteor's and comet strikes are becoming increasingly frequent. It is interesting why you are asking this question. Do you doubt what you witnessed? What would your reaction be to someone or no one corroborating your experience?

Back
Top Bottom