Meteor shower over Lebanon/Syria/Israel.

Ekios

Jedi Master
Can't find back the passage were Laura was mentioning a little meteor shower as a reference point, something not too big.

Now, yet, here we are : We have a meteor shower that just happened over the middle east.

My only source is in French, my excuses i'm looking for something else in english : _http://www.lorientlejour.com/category/%C3%80+La+Une/article/762739/Pluie_de_meteorites_dans_le_ciel_libanais.html

PS : it's a real local newspaper website.

Ah ! Here it is :

5 July 2001
VB: Can you show Laura so she can describe to us, the catastrophic situation in our future, our near future?
Laura: It seems as though it will be a progression. Like the beginning of rain, when the first few big, cold drops fall; and then a pause followed by a few more drops; and then, a downpour.
VB: Describe what you are seeing?
Laura: I see rocks - but they aren't very large. They are like the size of your fist. Just a few. And they make something of a stir. An uproar. People will be excited... very upset. It looks like just two - two small rocks. And then nothing else happens for awhile, and then they forget about it. It all dies down. And then, a third, a fourth, a fifth and a sixth - and maybe even a seventh... isolated events, or so it seems. Still small. And then, a big one. All this will go on over a period of months.

Edit : so by this blog it was a Russian missile which went out of control _http://stateofmind13.com/2012/06/08/the-meteorite-shower-over-lebanon-a-russian-missile-launch/

I'm afraid it's not so simple.

The following is a translation from the voltairenet.org website (any bold italic is all mine):

While UN SecGen Ban and UN Human Rights chief Pillay were damning Syria before the General Assembly, Moscow performed two ICBM test launches.
RSVN Col. Koval confirmed a Topol launch from near the Caspian Sea but not the submarine launch of a Bulava from the Mediterranean. However, the shot was seen all over the Middle East and no other known weapon system leaves such tracks in the sky.
The message is clear: Russia is ready to go to war if NATO and the GCC do not honor their intenational obligations such as the Annan Peace Plan and continue to support the terrorist insurgents.
UNQUOTE

Note: The Topol was put through to a target in Kazakhstan.

I've skipped a few details, but here's the original:

La journée du jeudi 7 juin a été riche en événements. Alors que Ban Ki-moon et Navi Pillay, respectivement secrétaire général et Haut-commissaire aux Droits de l’homme, dressaient leur réquisitoire contre la Syrie devant l’Assemblée générale de l’ONU, Moscou a procédé à deux tirs de missiles balistiques intercontinentaux.
Le colonel Vadim Koval, porte-parole du RSVN, a admis le test d’un Topol —lancé depuis un silo près de la Caspienne—, mais n’a pas confirmé celui d’un Boulava depuis un sous-marin en Méditerranée. Cependant, le tir a été observé dans tout le Proche-Orient, d’Israël à l’Arménie, et il n’existe aucune autre arme connue qui puisse laisser de telles traces dans le ciel [9].
Le message est clair : Moscou est prêt à la guerre mondiale, si l’OTAN et le CCG ne se plient pas aux obligations internationales telles que définies par le Plan Annan, et persistent à alimenter le terrorisme.
UNQUOTE

Comment: Bulava is state-of-the-art, mirved to 10 warheads and designed to penetrate the US ballistic defence shield from spanking new Borey class submarines. It will be hard to stop.

The Russian wire service RIA Novosti put out the story two days ago, citing Huffington Post as its source; RT.com picked it up only yesterday. Jerusalem Post covered it very tersely and spun it as a failed missile launch. RIA Novosti publication of the "UFO" amounts to unofficial acknowledgement; any official confirmation would come in the form of a US missile test.

The bottomline is that the test is a response to recent US statements that it may invade Syria unilaterally.

The full article is at http://www.voltairenet.org/Coups-de-semonce-russes; the English translation should be along in a few days.

Welcome to the forum, Arthur Borges. Thanks for that translation and link. It is customary for new members to post an introduction in the Newbies ( http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?board=39.0 ) forum telling how they found the forum and how much of the material they've read/are familiar with.

What's the English equivalent of the acronym CCG? I know OTAN is NATO in English, but I'm only familiar with CCG meaning Canadian Coast Guard, and I'm doubtful that was what was intended, especially with budgets being what they are in Canada lately ;)

Gonzo

Gonzo said:
What's the English equivalent of the acronym CCG? I know OTAN is NATO in English, but I'm only familiar with CCG meaning Canadian Coast Guard, and I'm doubtful that was what was intended, especially with budgets being what they are in Canada lately ;)

Gonzo
CCG is probably for Gulf Cooperation Council :)
_http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conseil_de_coop%C3%A9ration_du_Golfe

Back
Top Bottom