Mentor

Mr Meowgi

The Cosmic Force
Good day folks. I have been with FOTC since the beginning of the year and would like to become more involved. If someone within the fellowship has a bit of time to spare I could use some mentoring. Time I have, money I do not have much of. I do not "get" things on the first pass, but have an open mind and generally a kind heart. Please let me know if anyone is interested in giving me a hand so that I can learn, grow and help others in the future.

Mr Meowgi said:
Good day folks. I have been with FOTC since the beginning of the year and would like to become more involved. If someone within the fellowship has a bit of time to spare I could use some mentoring. Time I have, money I do not have much of. I do not "get" things on the first pass, but have an open mind and generally a kind heart. Please let me know if anyone is interested in giving me a hand so that I can learn, grow and help others in the future.

Mr Meowgi, what you are requesting is what this entire forum is about. With many many mentors too :)

Is there something/a topic in particular that you feel you need help with?

Alana said:
Mr Meowgi, what you are requesting is what this entire forum is about.

Exactly, we're all here to learn and grow, none of us can really do anything on our own. Better to have the process on a forum though where others can learn as we learn, from our mistakes, our misunderstandings. An open process also helps us too to adjust to the idea that we don't have to be 'perfect' (none of us are), in fact learning to share can be an important lesson in itself. :)

Alana said:
Mr Meowgi said:

Mr Meowgi, what you are requesting is what this entire forum is about. With many many mentors too :)

Yup, and the great thing about networking out an understanding on the forum is that others can be helped out in the future with the information discovered and posted.

I don't always get everything the first time either, so you definitely are not alone in that.

I'd agree - ask away! :)

Jason (ocean59) said:
Alana said:
Mr Meowgi said:

Yup, and the great thing about networking out an understanding on the forum is that others can be helped out in the future with the information discovered and posted.

I don't always get everything the first time either, so you definitely are not alone in that.

I'd agree - ask away! :)

Exactly so! :)

And on this forum you can sometimes be a mentor and sometimes the one who gets mentored.

Mr Meowgi said:
Please let me know if anyone is interested in giving me a hand so that I can learn, grow and help others in the future.

Mr Meowgi, my recommendation is to read the Statement of Principles several times, leaving in between some time to let the concepts sink in. I have done this some 5 times with much benefit to myself. Now I am "resting" a little longer. Maybe the 6th reading will unveil even more, or rather I will understand more. This is what happens to a slow learner like me. Cheers. :cool:

Ok :) I sometime feel like I am out in a jungle somewhere lost as to which direction to go. I am practicing EE daily, at least the pipe breathing, with excellent results. Diet I am working on, a work in progress. I am a bit on the older side and have had mentors ( face to face ) over the course of my life. I can work within the system as it is set up as well. I had a friend that lived in the area that I could have discussions about almost anything with, but he moved back to where he grew up. Adjustment is something I will have to do :). Thank you all for your responses.

Back
Top Bottom