Member needs direction

KingTiger said:
I live in Utah, and as most of the world knows it is founded on the ideals of Mormonism. I have some great insights on this issue since I have a firsthand experience dealing with it. I would like to discuss what is going on with the members and my interactions. Currently there seems to be a division happening from current doctrine to fundamentalism. How can I expand and share with other people who have their beliefs set in stone with any new way of thinking without loosing my job? Would there be any interest in this topic? I have had jobs here in Utah that I would be fired from if I were to propose the idea that the story of Jesus is just a story; how one would handle a discussion like this?

A discussion like this could only take place here on the forum, osit. I would be highly cautious of proposing that the Jesus story is a myth to anyone outside of this forum.

As I said in my earlier post, my parents are strict Catholics. Currently, my mother is temporarily living with me since last February. I cannot even fathom the idea of telling my mother that Jesus is just a myth....that there is no truth to it. So it has been an interesting exercise for me in strategic enclosure and external consideration. Amazingly, my mom is considerate of me choosing not to be a Catholic anymore.

Glad you are feeling more at home here. I too look forward to any future interactions!

Hello KingTiger, i think many here can relate to what you have shared in opening this thread. And as some have echoed i think it is important at one point to accept to 'grow where we are planted' and to use that as an opportunity rather than an impediment. Myself too, can relate to not having many people near me that i can share conversations of a certain depth with, or so i lead myself to believe for many years. Somehow, this struggle has made me change my approach to how i discuss these things, and how i present them to someone whom i consider may be shocked by the information. And to my great happiness, slowly but surely a change has occurred. Of course, there haven't been any conversions on my family's, or my close friends parts, but they have learned to listen more, and accept more, by the very fact that i heard them out, i let them vent on these very subjects in order to understand what was stopping them from 'desiring' to know more? It is not everyone's goal in this lifetime to see the light so to say, and we also, will only achieve what we do with full intent, etc So i have come to believe that it is in fact a gift to have so many stumbling blocks around me, that way i am always more and more on my toes! Mine own toes, and not looking to change the people around me whom i have come to see as perfect in their choices for themselves, and it is because of my own flaws that i sometimes see imperfection!

Thank you for reading, and good 'courage' as we say in french! Have a great day to all!!

Hello KingTiger,

It's your lucky day. You are no longer the only member of this forum in UT. I have lived in Salt Lake since 1988. I am from the East Coast, originally, and always state I'm glad I grew up/was educated there before living here in a place where the view of our world is limited to the space between our beautiful mountains and the beliefs of a religion that quite effectively limits one's thinking and worldview. (no history was important except the Mormon pioneers). I've married into Mormon families and know the spiel but knew it wasn't for me or my children. But that hasn't kept me from having a wonderful life here with some unique opportunities. However, that just meant getting caught by false New Age ideas for many many wasted years until about 2005 when I realized how much of what is taken as historical fact is made up, skewed and a lie. It's been a challenge to find sources that aren't more disinformation. Hence, my daily gratitude for the forums, Laura's reseach and the book recommends found from others here and Sott. I am an admitted book junkie.

Your field of expertise is waayyy over my head but sounds interesting. I may be way off but would your information apply to what's posted in the QFS section?

At this point, physically, I'm trying to use mental, emotional, diet and breathing grounding techniques to better my physical state. Such issues keep me seeking help to enable me to keep working. These are easy areas of information that I have been steadily sharing with the coworkers who also experiencing debilitating health. I am also very interested in understanding and practicing the Work. I don't have an agenda to change anyone's point of view. I thought I would be able to discuss all the fascinating information I come across with my husband but he's much more comfortable with a more mainstream reality. So it's lonely to learn and worse to shatter peoples belief systems. It was devastating to shatter my own!!!!!

If you would like to stay in touch, let me know or I'll keep up with your posts. I knew there was another member in UT and found this thread right after opening my FOTCM packet. I am out of town almost every week but would love to have a friend that is thinkling along the same lines to bounce off what's going on.

Thanks for sharing,

Susan

Well, there you go KingTiger, there's no need to feel lonely anymore.
I am still feeling that way, seeing as I am on the other side of the world, in Australia.
I know what you're saying about being circumspect in what you can and cannot say about yourself. I am in a similar situation, but don't let your situation get you down, there are plenty of subjects you can discuss without broaching your guidelines, and we will still 'get' where you are coming from. From what you are saying, you are way ahead of me in the reading department. Much catching up to do, I'm afaid.

I'm in a similar situation to KingTiger, except that I am much earlier on the path, and have not yet read nearly enough to understand much of anything. I guess it will take some time to develop a little .. one of the things that I desperately need to work on is strategic enclosure, and external consideration. I have failed in this regard many times over.

On the other hand .. it doesn't seem that there is much time left with the current state of affairs. The biggest struggle I have, before any of the things KingTiger mentions, is worrying about what's happening on this planet. I have a tough time relaxing, and so another thing I need to work on is the EE and the meditation along with that.

I just hope it's not to late for me.

Thanks for the post guys.

:P

Mildain said:
I'm in a similar situation to KingTiger, except that I am much earlier on the path, and have not yet read nearly enough to understand much of anything. I guess it will take some time to develop a little .. one of the things that I desperately need to work on is strategic enclosure, and external consideration. I have failed in this regard many times over.

On the other hand .. it doesn't seem that there is much time left with the current state of affairs. The biggest struggle I have, before any of the things KingTiger mentions, is worrying about what's happening on this planet. I have a tough time relaxing, and so another thing I need to work on is the EE and the meditation along with that.

I just hope it's not to late for me.

Thanks for the post guys.

:P

Mildain,

I know the feeling about "relaxing". But hey, who says you can't be awake and aware too. If you didn't notice what's happening on this planet I would be much more concerned. And doing the EE will really help I think. One thing that I have been doing is playing different versions of POTS (Prayer Of The Soul) while doing the slow version of EE. You might just want to join in with your feelings about those things being discussed in the threads about world events and earth changes. Even if you only agree and don't have something different to say. It is always good to let others know you feel the same way too.

You could always remember your post here too: Beautiful Resonating Female Vocal Tracks. Very relaxing for the most part although some of it is kind of energetic too (those darn Celts! :wow: - listening right now).

Moonbird said:
KingTiger said:
Being the only member in an entire state (at least to my understanding) is very lonely. I have been trying to apply the Work principles by helping those (though knowledge) not familiar with these areas of thinking. This is very often discouraging for me, since most of the interactions I have, I must delicately discuss different ideas, which is meet with very ridged belief systems based on the culture in my area. Most of the insights I share would not even be considered as anything viable or serious; even though, I do make my case well enough, I seem to distance myself with friends, which make it more difficult in doing anything other than preparation with myself though knowledge.

Hi King Tiger,

I too feel lonely at times on this path of learning and gaining knowledge in the Work. What helps me here is practicing "strategic enclosure" and "external consideration" in my day-to-day living and interactions with people. I have realized that I cannot change others, nor do I want to. I do not want to interfere with their lessons. It gets tricky for me with my immediate family members. My parents are strict Catholics with very rigid belief systems. I love them dearly and so I try and find ways to be on common ground with them...to relate. It's difficult for me at times, but I find every now and then, a little progress is made.

Hope this helps a bit.

same story with me, but stepping from the acquired habits, started to change ,and people around me started to change... all of them, like my family, began, bit by bit, perceive that there is something in it, some dare and ask questions, some take the advice (changing yourself, changing the world), for now there are three in my work environment, not something, but more than five years ago. The process is dispute, but as far as I can see by myself that's one way ticket - there is no going back to old habits ...some of them ask me,, so how can you not hang out with us, to drink, to hear that smart ... ''I tell them about my visions of prosperity, unconditional love for all beings in the universe, the beautiful women, of understanding for everyone ...they correspond ,, you're not normal' '... I say,maybe is so, but I feel excellent, stress-free, full of energy and desire for knowledge.

Hello kingtiger!
I came across your thread weeks ago and been thinking about your situation, then i lost the thread :O

I also had similar feelings and a hesitant attitude towards posting...intimidation mainly. Just remember we are all here for truth and you'd be surprised what wr all share and go through. Glad you are feeling more at home!!! Help where you can and you never know what you can learn. You will do great, especially with what you have read. I hope networking is getting easier for you, you are not alone here.

Knowledge isn't a race or competition, we can all be helpful with differing levels of understanding. Be open

Good luck out there :)

King Tiger, please know you are not the (l)only one. It's a heavy burden sometimes and sometimes it's light as a feather. I have felt so forlorn and confused but you just have to keep on putting one foot in front of the other and know there are many, many of us. There are two quotes that have helped me immeasurably, both from Cameron Crowe's "Almost Famous".

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool."

"Be bold and the mighty forces will come to your aid". (actually said by Guerta; boy I know I butchered that philosopher's name)

Universal forces are benevolent, too. Persevere and all will fall into place. I felt exactly like you did. It's much, much better now.

Back
Top Bottom