Meditation Question

mocachapeau

Dagobah Resident
Hi Everyone,

I would like to ask for some advice or suggestions on the subject of meditation - I'm not sure how to go about it. Certain things I have read indicate that there are many ways to approach it, and that one should find what works for you. I understand that in general, the idea is to empty the mind of all thoughts, and that focusing on ones breathing is a good place to start. But I have also read of doing actual breathing exercises, and meditating on a specific subject or concept. These things have left me with many questions.

Does anyone know of a book or source that they would recommend that might have some helpful suggestions on things to try or experiment with?

Hi, have you searched the forum yet for 'meditation'? There are several discussions.

Hem, the search engine return only this current thread. :cool2:

I can recommend you books about Edgar Cayce and the meditation. I have one written by Herbert B Puryear et Mark Thurston.
However I focus on Cayce excerpts, wrapping can be distorted in new age interpretation.

It is not musing, not daydreaming; but as ye find you bodies made up of the physical , mental and spiritual, it is the attuning of the mental body and the physical body to its spiritual source.

Cayce Reading 281-41

Hi, have you searched the forum yet for 'meditation'? There are several discussions.

Hi anart,

I have used the search function before, but for some reason I didn't think to do before throwing out the question. By simply suggesting this obvious, first recourse, you gave me a nice little nudge that reminded me that this forum is not about spoon-feeding. Thank you.
Next time I will search first and ask questions later.

Hem, the search engine return only this current thread.

I don't know why the search engine did that for you - it gave me twelve pages of posts with the word 'meditation' in it. But Edgar Cayce sounds like a good suggestion. I keep hearing positive comments about him but I haven't read anything of his. Maybe this meditation book would be a good place to start.

Here is one thread, I think is dealing in a great manner with meditation (and if I remember it right also with different techniques):

The Role of Meditation in the Work

You're right. It led me to a breathing exercise that Laura described, which was the first thing I wanted to find.

Thanks for your help, everyone.

Hem, the search engine return only this current thread.

I don't know why the search engine did that for you - it gave me twelve pages of posts with the word 'meditation' in it. But Edgar Cayce sounds like a good suggestion. I keep hearing positive comments about him but I haven't read anything of his. Maybe this meditation book would be a good place to start.

I found the problem ! If the search is initiated from this page the result is only this thread. The search must be initiated from the home page to have all the answers. A warning would be cool !

Ellipse said:
[I found the problem ! If the search is initiated from this page the result is only this thread. The search must be initiated from the home page to have all the answers. A warning would be cool !

I am not sure that it is the reason of the problem. I tried the two methods and i got all the answers with both methods.

I think that you have to specify very carefully where you want your research be done. As in the image below, you have to check the appropriate case(check all) to enable the research in all the board/forum threads.

I get those results using the right top most Search dialog, not the one your pic show. Thx to post this pic 'cause I was not aware of this way to do a search.

Back
Top Bottom