Meditation and snapping out of it.

Hmm…. May be I should read Mouravieff :)

What I refer as “astral noise filtering" is an ability to “isolate self from astral" for a period of time. Which is extremely hard for me to describe with words. It does involve different kind of “state" (unfocused? expanding? outer? where “you" just is ? ), which does not fit in linear or “focused" thinking. (in my terms at least).

Pardon me if this does not make much sense, it’s a part for me words are not enough to describe it, and it’s hardly comparable to anything (or I haven’t found a proper way how to relate it yet)

“Astral travel" is not the same for me as meditation. I do agree that hanging out in astral is a bad idea. I do not think there is many(if any) entities that serve good, nor they will leave you with anything good.

Irini said:
The obvious thing that arises from that guy's description of out of body experience, where his "soul" crashed on a tree, is that he was imagining he was having an out of body "experience", he was swimming in the realm of imagination.
Who is to say that one can't experience such things in the astral realm? That this person "crashed" into a tree does not automatically negate certain elements of reality in his experience. There are countless carefully documented cases of people's out-of-body experiences, and the variance between cases is so great that it is impossible to come up with a "definitive" experience which can discern between which ones are entirely "real" and which ones are entirely "imagined". It is most likely that no OBEs fit these two descriptions. In fact, what is "real" and what is "imagined"? Given the very likely hypothesis that we inhabit a multiverse which is multidimensional and multi-layered, consisting of seven densities, it's extremely difficult at times to say what is "real" and what's not in matters of remote viewing, OBEs etc.

Therefore, I think in many out-of-body experiences, there is an overlap between what is real and what is imagined. The fact that there are quite a few documented OBE cases of people who have sighted various things and events in places they've never visited before, and upon awakening have confirmed that these sightings were indeed real, is a testament to the idea that at least some OBEs have elements of truth to them.

Now, i assume and hope, that people who visit this forum, are people dedicated to find the Truth and not ones sinking deeper into imagination and dreaming, people who will do what it takes - and it takes a LOT - to awaken, not run after "experiences".
Yes, I assume and hope as much also. But let's not forget that some "imaginings" and "dreamings" can contain truth also. But I agree that running after experiences is not the path to awakening.

I'm new to mediation and I'm wondering what one gets out of it? Whats the goal of mediation? I guess relaxation isn't the primary effect one looks for.
If someone could give me a few hints and help about starting to meditate I would be really glad.

GRiM said:
I'm new to mediation and I'm wondering what one gets out of it? Whats the goal of mediation? I guess relaxation isn't the primary effect one looks for.
If someone could give me a few hints and help about starting to meditate I would be really glad.
The following topic could help answer your question
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=1814

Back
Top Bottom