McMansion communities and McReligious persuasion

notanothermonday

Padawan Learner
I recently read in National Geographic (not sure of the credibility or the source) about Orlando Florida and the growth of the community and the impact that Disney had on this growth. What seemed poignant to me was a comment made about the size of the churches in the are and how this had an appeal. The appeal was that something was happening to unite and change society in these large churches and people want to be a part of something that creates change, whether they are aware of the consequences of their cause or not. This is frightening.

Our country is on its way to the formation of a third party that is run and guided by Christian right wing fundamentalism. The Republican party has proven to be a bust for the Christian fundamentalists and we have known for a long time that this group has been working its way into mainstream society building on every street corner in America. At some point I can see the development of this party and the possibility of this group becoming very powerful. I am sure this is not an idea that is new but it is becoming more and more likely with each passing year.
The next major party will be formed from right wing Christian fundamentalism, our current administration is proof of this possibility.

Back
Top Bottom