Marijuana, Mental Illness, and Violence

Marijuana may have a similar effect as alcohol - just giving more prominence to what is already there.
I'd say it's a bit more effective than say a beer, but a good scotch or a single malt, yes about as vivid. As a race we've been devising numerous ways of getting off our heads since the invention of the wheel, so there's probably nothing new under the sun by this point. But I was in conversation with my nephew recently, and he told me that there were new strains of cannabis in the UK market which are called "High Grade". This stuff is costly, because it is way more potent than normal commercial standard. I know from talking to many people in my home town that it's becoming the stuff of choice for many folk now. You're talking about a strain that is 25% stronger than the norm, apparently it's a powder keg similar to the "Legal High" craze of 2008-16, which didn't end in it being criminalised either. Both "High Grade" and "Legals" are available on the black market everywhere in the UK I've been told. A psychiatrist told me that it is a "ticking time bomb", a fuse lit under the current younger generation.

Apparently the homeless in the UK are the chief punters for these strong drug variants, 'cos it numbs the pain. I include a short vid below on the mental health challenges for drug users in the UK these day. One guy featured is clearly showing signs of nerve damage as he tries to relax in the interview. A short, concise and informative vid. If only they realised that a strong black coffee and a cig is the actual optimal fuel....:-(

Back
Top Bottom