Main Stream Science; "Wandering Stars" disturbing the Oort Cloud.

Woodsman

The Living Force
I'd not heard of the "Shultz Star" before.

I quite like this fellow's work; he combs through current main stream astro-news, and without twanging the conspiracy funny bone, touches neatly on many of the subjects discussed here:

Synopsis: stars regularly pass close enough to our solar system to create comet impact events.

I'd not heard of the "Shultz Star" before.
You couldn't have, because this is a misspelling by the automatic transliteration of the spoken words.

In fact he mentions Scholz's Star. It's even projected on screen for a short while in the correct spelling.

Wikipedia said:
Solar System flyby
Estimates indicate that the WISE 0720−0846 system passed about 52,000 astronomical units (0.25 parsecs; 0.82 light-years) from the Sun about 70,000 years ago.[2][6] [9] Ninety-eight percent of mathematical simulations of the star system's trajectory indicated that it passed through the Solar System's Oort Cloud, or within 120,000 AU (0.58 pc; 1.9 ly) of the Sun.[2] Comets perturbed from the Oort cloud would require roughly 2 million years to get to the inner Solar System.[2] At closest approach the system would have had an apparent magnitude of about 11.4, and would have been best viewed from high latitudes in the northern hemisphere.[5] A star is expected to pass through the Oort Cloud every 100,000 years or so.[5] An approach as close or closer than 52,000 AU is expected to occur about every 9 million years.[2]

Back
Top Bottom