Lost wedding ring

aragorn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I know that it's a big no no to ask the C's any personal questions, especially when it's coming through the forum. So Please remove this thread and posting immediately if you mods think this is a bad idea!

Here goes:

I've lost my precious wedding ring ca two weeks ago, and me and my wife have been looking for it ever since without result. Now we suspect that our son may have got hold of it and put it in the trash bin, in which case there's no use of searching for it anymore. So, I...gulp...gulp...would like to ask the C's if my wedding ring is out of reach already-is there any use of searching for it? Even better would be if they could provide clues for where to search for it, not to mention where it is.

Sorry in advance for breaking the rules, but the ring is very, very special to me and I really, really would like to find it. :-[ :-[ :-[

I don't get the impression that your son put it in the trash. I do get the impression that it is still in the house and you will find it eventually.

A thousand times thank you!

We'll keep searching...I'll try to meditate on the subject also, maybe it will help.

Interestingly, just after reading your answer on my iPone while we were eating, my son produced for the first time ever a whole sentence asking: "Vad är det där?" which means "What is that?" pointing at a shelf and then waving as if someone was there. I got a little "spooked" by this, but I guess it's probably pretty normal that small kids see stuff that we adults don't. Maybe I'll go through that shelf once again, in case "someone" was hinting something...

I hope you'll find your ring. You can always ask your higher self for guidance :) I'll ask for you too. Good luck.

I share your grief Aragorn. Years ago, just after I was married, I had a job working with hydraulic fluid. I built fluid regulators & tested them. I rubbed my fluid covered hands and watched THAT special ring fly into the air and into the abyss.
I was heartbroken and many were helping me look for it...
Someone found it, as I hope you find yours...

Hi Aragorn.

In these cases, I usually ask, don't beg, just ask. Most times the lost item returns, it can take time but it comes back to you. That or information about what happened to it, which can help you move on. I think it'll turn up!

Good Luck!

Brewer

Hi Aragorn,

I don't know if this will be helpful, but I lost my wallet for about four frantic hours last Monday morning. I checked the usual places I habitually place the wallet. We searched the house, the car, and called a friend to see if I left it there. Finally it became apparent I wasn't going to find the wallet. I sat down and noticed how habit had taken over and replaced consciousness and now the wallet was lost. Yea, a good wake up shock.

I got methodical at this point and recalled the last time I was certain I had the wallet. Then I slowly recapitulated the film of life from that moment until there it was in the unconscious memory bank of the film of my life. I had taken a nap in my roommates bed on Sunday afternoon and there in perfect living color, I saw myself take the wallet from my pocket and place it on her nightstand.

I walked into the bedroom and looked under a book on the nightstand. There was the wallet. It was a good experience of how unaware I am most of the time and how much I rely on habit to keep life organized. I guess the work of recapitulation came in handy when I varied my routine. I needed consciousness to find the wallet, as the idiot that lives most of my life doesn't notice much. I hope you can remember where your wedding ring is, Aragorn.

Awwe geeze, Aragorn ... I know this sinking feeling. I hope you will find your ring again.

When I was 12, I recevied a ring from my mother as a gift for my Bat-Mitzvah. It had a small diamond and ruby, and I wore it nearly every day for about 8 years. One day I looked down at my hand and realized that the diamond was gone. I was heartbroken. My mate and I searched for it frantically. I gave up after a week.

About 8 months later, we were moving to a new apartment, and when he drained the water-bed, he found the diamond. He didn't tell me. He had it re-set in the ring and used it to propose to me. (pretty creative considering we had very little money).

So.... if you have a water-bed... check there. :halo:

Also, if you have lost some weight, and your ring has gotten a bit loose, check your dirty laundry and your washing machine ( if you have one)... Pulling off a long sleeved shirt could tug the ring off. Or reaching in to a tight pocket could tug it off into the pocket.

Just some possible ideas.

Best of luck.

I can only imagine how much distress this must be causing you. Have you considered dowsing for it? You could make a map of your place and use a pendulum asking if is there. Just a thought. Seems to be a few people feel it will turn up, so I hope you feel somewhat encouraged.
I do wonder sometimes when we loose things if we are sending ourselves a message about something, like perhaps attachment.

I wish you the best,

Gonzo

Thank you all for your thoughts, what true friends you are!

I was applying this deduction thing that go2 suggested. The problem is that I'm not sure when I lost the ring since it isn't something I "check of having" or "use" regularly. It is true Lauranimal, that I've lost some weight - the ring has been REALLY loose on my finger the last half year or so. The funny thing is that ca 3 years ago I took it to the gold smith to enlarge it because it was too tight! I haven't really lost that much weight overall, but my "density" has somehow "tightened"; I guess there is less loose fat due to dietary and detox procedures.

The ongoing search at home isn't successful. So I have two other places where it could have dropped, or I maybe left it (I'm telling you this because some of you may be "seers" of some kind...?):

- At the opera: I usually take it off before a performance and put it in my locker in the dressing room. I've asked there, but they haven't found it, at least yet.
- The local music school where I teach kids. I don't' remember taking it off there for any reason, but it maybe have dropped from my finger. They are closed for the holidays, so I must wait to contact them

Dowsing sounds like something to try, how should I do this and what to do (never done anything like it)?

Aragorn said:
Dowsing sounds like something to try, how should I do this and what to do (never done anything like it)?

I've had partial success calling upon my higher self and asking to answer yes or no. Then hold a pendulum over a map of your house (or anywhere else you want to look) and moving methodically over specific areas, perhaps room to room, ask if it is there. That's it in a nutshell. I'm getting a nudge to suggest you protect yourself some way and praying couldn't hurt either.

I was initially dowsing to determine which food would be appropriate for me, asking while the pendulum was over different foods. I didn't always feel too confident in the outcomes as I was dealing with some issues; I felt I was alternating between wishful thinking and an "I'm not worthy" program. your mileage might vary.

Anyone else think of anything to add to this?

Hope it helps,
Gonzo

Gonzo said:
Anyone else think of anything to add to this?

Yep, It may require lots of practice for some people, little practice for others until you're able to sufficiently get your self out of the way (temporarily dissasociate) and let the environmental consciousness flow into the task until 'done', thus the nudge for temporary protection maybe?

If it's in the Universe's interest (STO), I firmly believe it works, provided the proper conditions, otherwise, it's likely STS and as you said, YMMV.

I tried dowsing for something once, but I became acutely aware of my self-importance and STSness, so I stopped and decided I would wait until I could experiment on someone else's behalf. It just didn't feel right at the time.

So, unless this was an experience unique to me, I would recommend trying it Aragorn...especially if there is someone else who values the ring, would like to have it back and for whom you could do this as an experiment.

It seems good to also mention that if someone actually took it and doesn't want you to know about it, there is likely an inhibition placed on your knowing, so don't be disappointed if it doesn't work right away, just keep an attitude that if the information is freely available, it's yours for the ASKing and will come.

These are just my inspirational thoughts, fwiw. :)

The first place I always look for lost small stuff like rings and keys are:
-Couches, chairs, around my office desk at the house
-The floor boards of the car
-Pockets of everything I've worn in the past week (because you may have lost it earlier/later than you think)
-The bed (under pillows and comforters, and around the floor of those areas
-Near the alarm clock (shutting that thing off can cause objects to fly from fingers lol)

I know this might seem rather mundane, and you may have already checked these places...however anytime people around me tell me of loosing their bank cards or anything of personal value, it's almost always in one of those places...plus I can't count how many times I've misplaced my car keys...

I found a necklace that I had lost for at least two years, by doing a detailed cleaning of under the seats and under the mats of the driver's side vehicle I used to own.

Good luck in your search, I certainly hope you find it!!!

Aragorn said:
Thank you all for your thoughts, what true friends you are!

I was applying this deduction thing that go2 suggested. The problem is that I'm not sure when I lost the ring since it isn't something I "check of having" or "use" regularly. It is true Lauranimal, that I've lost some weight - the ring has been REALLY loose on my finger the last half year or so. The funny thing is that ca 3 years ago I took it to the gold smith to enlarge it because it was too tight! I haven't really lost that much weight overall, but my "density" has somehow "tightened"; I guess there is less loose fat due to dietary and detox procedures.

The ongoing search at home isn't successful. So I have two other places where it could have dropped, or I maybe left it (I'm telling you this because some of you may be "seers" of some kind...?):

- At the opera: I usually take it off before a performance and put it in my locker in the dressing room. I've asked there, but they haven't found it, at least yet.
- The local music school where I teach kids. I don't' remember taking it off there for any reason, but it maybe have dropped from my finger. They are closed for the holidays, so I must wait to contact them

Hi Aragorn

Just a note to let you know I'm with you in this search.

Two simple mantras I often say when I'm looking for something:

-What belongs to me comes to me, and

-The thing I am looking for is looking for me.

And most helpful of all is what I call "anticipatory gratitude" where I give thanks that the solution to my problem is already at hand!

All blessings to you.

Back
Top Bottom