Lost our Friend

Thebull

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Had a very upsetting morning. Unfortunately came down stairs and found our cat unable to move his back end, like a paralysis. He had no signs of trauma so kept him comfortable as possible then rushed him up to the vets.
Turns out he's had a heart condition that's caused a blood clot and effected his back end being no movement at all. The prognosis was very poor for recovery. I asked the vet what he would do and he said he felt the best option was to put him to sleep. After speaking to my wife and son we took the decision to put him to sleep.
I wasn't aloud into the vets due the Covid bull shit but kindly the vet said he would sedate him and bring him back into the car so I could say goodbye. Milo was still quite aware when I took him into the car and I told him how much we loved him and there was no need to be scared. I said a prayer as he settled down and stroked his little head. I was so grateful for that. We've lost our other cat Benny which doesn't seem too long ago. I hope Benny will be their to help him as he passes over onto his new journey.
He has given us so much love and friendship. We will miss him. I hope he can cross with ease and at peace.
IMG_20191018_103952.jpg

So sorry to hear about your loss @Thebull. I can relate to what you are feeling as one of my cats passed away last year. Please try to remember all the good memories about Milo as it will help him pass onto the other side peacefully. Lots of strength and positivity to your family. :hug2:

Very sorry to hear your sad news The Bull. Our 2nd density friends are family and their passing is a true loss and a deep sorrow. My thoughts go out to you and your family in this time of grieving. Milo was a beauty and your photo says so much about his thoughtful and sensitive personality; his glowing eyes made me think of the following. Take care...

Golden Eyes

When golden eyes no longer glow,
and we both know it’s time to go,

Don’t look at me with eyes so sad,
but think of better times we had,

When sunlight did upon us shine,
and happy days were yours and mine,

And through the grass we both did run,
and on our backs we felt the sun,

Think not of this dark final hour,
think not of when our lives turned sour,

Think not of hopelessness and pain,
but think of joy and laugh again,

For in that final act of love,
you released me to heaven above,

Where finally from pain I’m free,
where one day you will join with me,

Where together again we will rejoice,
and you and I as with one voice,

Will in perfect harmony sing,
of the joy and pain that love can bring,

And remember me just as I will,
always think of you until,

At last again I see your face,
grieve not, I am in a better place.

Carol Walker

Very sorry for your loss, TheBull. It's difficult, I know.

We similarly lost our alpha kitty just a few days ago; in her case, it was kidney failure. Fortunately, the vet here is not so strict so family was allowed in and stayed throughout.

Also, we have been on the death watch with our male collie, Elvis, who is dying of cancer. He was diagnosed two months ago and given about two months. At present, he can neither eat nor drink very much, so it won't be long. He's not in any pain, so we hope to let him pass naturally. He's aware and gets up once in awhile and changes his location. He holds out his paw when anyone sits beside him. We all love him a lot as he is the gentlest and smartest doggie soul we've ever known. If he shows sign of any suffering, we are prepared to help him, but so far, it appears that he is not, other than some discomfort that we alleviate in various ways.

So, indeed, we know how difficult such times are. It's very hard for us right now.

Blessings to you and condolences.

A lot of strength for you The Bull. I am very sorry for the departure of your kitten... My kitten is already 14 years old, he is already oldie and the truth I don't want to think on the day he have to go, so I send you a big hug.

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm sorry that you've lost your cat Laura and Elvis is struggling. I know all your love and care will be of comfort now and will help him through the time you have left together.
Although we're upset we all had the opportunity to say goodbye including our lovely dogs. They've all grown up together and they knew. You could see how they reacted to Milo struggling to move this morning.
We know Milo missed his friend Benny who was run over 4 or 5 months ago. They were inseparable. They are now together again.
Our dogs are cats were close and often showed affection to each other. So we'll feel the loss and remember soon what a special life we have all shared together. :hug2:

So sorry for your loss, Thebull. I had to put my cat to sleep several years ago; he had FelV (he was a stray cat we would feed, and he ended up taking up residence in our home), and was really at the end of his rope.
Milo was beautiful, with very expressive eyes. Surely Benny'll be there to welcome him to the other side :hug:

Back
Top Bottom