Lost our Friend

I know I'm tough on myself and I keep wondering if I missed any signs of his illness/condition through lack of awareness.

Please don't be too hard on yourself. :hug2:

The fact is that the onset of the acute thrombotic obstruction is very sudden, and often there are no prior signs, unless the cat was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy prior to it. It's true that there are certain breeds that are predisposed to it, but often it's hard to predict. Only if you do regular annual checks, including echocardiography. And this sometimes hard to do due to lack of funds, or not necessary unless your cat has symptoms of cardiomyopathy.

Your cat is a mixed breed, so there was no good reson to suspect that he could get something like this. :hug2:

Last edited:
I'm sorry for your loss, Thebull. When we lost our previous family dog some years back, I too wondered if there was something I had done or missed. I think it's natural to wonder why it happened, even if it was one's self.

Also condolences and hugs to Laura and the Chateau for their 2D friends. :hug2:

Really sorry Thebull to hear about the loss of Milo. Im sure with all the love and care you gave him, his passing and transition will be well :hug2:

Laura, really sorry to hear about the passing of your kitty. I have met Elvis before and he truly is a good doggie soul. My thoughts are with him, and i sincerely hope he doesn't suffer in his passing. :hug2:

:hug2: to you, Thebull and your family, and to Laura all the folks at the chateau.

When I read what you wrote of Milo (and a lovely Cat), it was near the same for our last kitty who lived well beyond his nine lives. It is never easy - you give and they give back in so many countless ways, all the while the memories of joy with them last for ones life. Think what Learner reminded of what Stafford Betty said is so, our memories still link to them in the afterlife.

Sorry for your loss Thebull, it is so hard to lose our furry friends. Laura, sorry to hear about your cat and Elvis but glad you had an understanding Vet. I have lost a few furry friends and it is heartbreaking. Thought I would include a poem about losing a furry friend, it has brought me some comfort in the past.

RAINBOW BRIDGE
There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth.
It is called Rainbow Bridge because of its many splendid colors.
Just this side of Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills,
and valleys with lush, green grass.
When beloved pets die, they go to this place.
There is always food and water and warm spring weather.
The old and frail animals are young again.
Those who are maimed are made whole again.
They play all day with each other.
There is only one thing missing.
They are not with their special person who loved
them on earth.
So each day they run and play.
Until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up!

The nose twitches.
The ears are up!
The eyes are staring.
And this one suddenly runs from the group.
You have been seen!
And when you and your special friend meet,
you take him in your arms and embrace.
Your face is kissed again and again and again,
and you look once more more into the eyes of your trusting pet.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...
Never again to be separated.

So sorry Milo has passed--there is just no by-pass to grief and the grieving process when our loved ones move on. But, at least it eventually becomes tolerable. More hugs for you Thebull and your family.

Dear Laura and Chateau friends--I will continue to pray for Elvis's painless transition among his loved ones and that you all feel comforted by the wonderful life you were able to provide him. My old boy will be getting there soon enough . . .

And sweet Kitty P. comforted me a couple nights years ago, curling up to sleep with me. May she enjoy the freedom of the other side as she waits for her loved ones to catch up.

Aren't we all so lucky to have this love and joy in our lives--however brief it seems. Some things are worth the price.

Ach Thebull, how sad to read about the passing of Milo, i am so sorry and deeply relate to your pain, having lost my dear cat in much the same way (he was only 6). How compassionate of the vet to let you say goodbye to him. I wish you and your family, as well as Laura and crew, much strength and love in dealing with these losses :hug2:big hugs

TheBull, I too am so very sorry to learn of Milo's passing. It's hard. The questions we ask ourselves as to what could we have done differently will play throughout the coming days and weeks but in the end it's learning to live with the absence of a beloved animal that may be the hardest. For me it was the silence and the not knowing what to do with myself after I lost Gus who had been so sick for over a year. I still miss him terribly because he was such a friend to me and brought great comfort when I needed it most. There are special animals and Milo sounds like he is one of those. :hug2:

Sorry for your loss TheBull, Laura and all of you who experienced such sad events. Maybe your furry pals embark on a new journey into higher realms like 3D and it was their time to go. Remember the warm times spent together. Hugs.

Sorry to hear about Milo TheBull, the way he looks reminds me of a couple of the many cats my family had over the years, Buddy and Codfish.

Buddy.jpg

This isn't a great photo of Buddy, but I'm hoping he and Milo are enjoying themselves somewhere.

I'm sorry to hear about your kitty too Laura, and Elvis, he is such a nice doggy!

I'm sorry for your loss, TheBull. I know it myself; I have lost many cats over the years. Just remember the fun times, and the times you connected on a soul level.

I remember one cat that wasn't even mine, but a roommates, that tried forever to get us to understand that he hated the water we put into his bowl - he wanted it straight from the faucet! Once we understood that, he led us to that faucet every time he wanted a drink and he purred like mad when we opened it for him!!

Such remembrances are what will forever endear him to you. May you and Milo have had many such instances of soul contact, and may they be remembered going forward. Such contacts never fade. Ever. Love to both of you.

Back
Top Bottom