Losing the New Post link

Beau

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
This has been a rather annoying issue which won't go away. If I spend 10 or 15 minutes reading one particularly long thread in say, Signs Editorials, and then I go to a new thread in a different topic, say Signs News Articles where the little mail icon is green meaning new posts, when I enter it the New Post links on the threads are gone. Meaning I won't be taken to the latest "new post" and just have to click on the thread and navigate through it until I find the latest new post.

The only thing I can think of is that there is some sort of timeout in the forum code for those new post links. Not sure if this happens to anyone else but for me it happens everytime I spend a long time reading one thread or composing a post in a thread. It's not a huge problem but it does make it longer to find the newest posts without that link.

C'mon Dr. Bizaramor! You're slipping... =D

beau, Happens to me as you describe it. When this happens, I've found the "Show recent posts" link at the bottom of the Index page helpful in getting me back to the New Post stuff.

To get around this problem, I open the "New Posts Since Last Visit" link, and open all new threads in different tabs (in Firefox). I then logout while I read, and login at the end to reply. This way I can check the new posts that have appeared while I've been reading.

Back
Top Bottom