Lord's Prayer in old Syriac Aramaic and The Prayer of the Soul

lilies

The Living Force
Originally for "What are you listening to", but the post became too long, so rather here. Found this amazing list of "songs" or chants:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_nJg3N3p9I&index=12&list=RD_UxFUCGZo3U

The first ones - if you scroll to the top on YT - are beautiful chants in Aramaic, professionally sung. Then encountered the one embedded below. I tried to look up other spoken Lord's Prayers that are dual-subtitled in both English and Aramaic, but all of the music-enhanced ones I found felt so "fake", modern fantasies, appearing totally inaccurate according to what I think I remember, how these were truly spoken in the past 3000 years. (Checked and couldn't bear any of the Buddhist OM 400x Mhz chants.) Gregorian and Russian Orthodox chants sounded okay, but nothing special compared to the power of this list.

I mentioned before that after having heard Father Malachi Martin, PhD reading in old Aramaic on one of his radio shows the strong effect on me - of what Dr. Martin thought was the correct pronounciation -, hearing those words was like "a volcano buried deep within the soul awakening". The probability of having had an Aramaic / Syrian life, as one of my past incarnations. When I heard this one, same feelings rose up from the 'deep well of soul memory', but stronger, since this is somewhat mixed with music and a professional "narrator" or chanter is reading. How this man says the old words are most close to old Aramaic, I think, from anywhere between 1000 BC (the old times) to some of the "newer" centuries in AD.

https://youtu.be/v_nJg3N3p9I?list=RD_UxFUCGZo3U?ecver=1

I swear I knew the meaning of these Syriac words, they sound super familiar! As if having had lots of memories of sitting in tents and chanting / singing them together with the tribe.

Anybody else remembering this? Having same emotional memories - from around ~~1000 BC ~~> to more "modern" centuries in AD? It feels that lines of thought, sentences from oldest Aramaic prayers [and way more ancient languages] were simply adopted, when versions of the "Lord's Prayer" were originally created. This prayer feels way more ancient than the modern lullaby passing as "Lord's Prayer" in nowadays popular Bible.

Compared to The Prayer of the Soul this translation from old Aramaic sounds surprisingly right:

Lords Prayer
Translation by Neil Douglas-Klotz in Prayers of the Cosmos
http://www.thenazareneway.com/lords_prayer.htm

O Birther! Father- Mother of the Cosmos

Focus your light within us - make it useful.

Create your reign of unity now-

through our fiery hearts and willing hands

Help us love beyond our ideals

and sprout acts of compassion for all creatures.

Animate the earth within us: we then

feel the Wisdom underneath supporting all.

Untangle the knots within

so that we can mend our hearts' simple ties to each other.

Don't let surface things delude us,

But free us from what holds us back from our true purpose.

Out of you, the astonishing fire,

Returning light and sound to the cosmos.

Amen.

This one below isn't bad either. Eerily reminds me of Heraclitus' words in Laura's book: Horns of Moses and the C's term of FRV.
Heraclitus proposed that the Universe contains a divine artisan-fire which foresees everything and, extending throughout the Universe, must produce everything via the unity of opposites: “the path up and down are one and the same.”
“all entities come into being in accordance with this Logos”
This divine fire, or aether, is also ‘logos’ – that is, the basis for all activity in the Universe; it is both the source of passive matter, and the artisan creating with, and enlivening it, which neither increases nor diminishes itself. [71] His cryptic words that “all entities come into being in accordance with this Logos” has been the subject of endless speculation. In addition to seeing it as the most fundamental of the four elements and the one that is quantified and determines the quantity (Cosmic Mind) of the other three, he presents fire as the cosmos, which was not made by any of the gods or men, but “was and is and ever shall be ever-living fire.”
If objects are new from moment to moment so that one can never touch the same object twice, then each object must dissolve and be generated continually moment by moment.
/Comets and the Horns of Moses (The Secret History of the World) (p. 261)./

The Prayer To Our Father
(translated into first century Aramaic)
http://www.thenazareneway.com/lords_prayer.htm

Abwûn
"Oh Thou, from whom the breath of life comes,

d'bwaschmâja
who fills all realms of sound, light and vibration.

Nethkâdasch schmach
May Your light be experienced in my utmost holiest.

Têtê malkuthach.
Your Heavenly Domain approaches.

Nehwê tzevjânach aikâna d'bwaschmâja af b'arha.
Let Your will come true - in the universe (all that vibrates)
just as on earth (that is material and dense).

Hawvlân lachma d'sûnkanân jaomâna.
Give us wisdom (understanding, assistance) for our daily need,

Waschboklân chaubên wachtahên aikâna
daf chnân schwoken l'chaijabên.
detach the fetters of faults that bind us, (karma)
like we let go the guilt of others.

Wela tachlân l'nesjuna
Let us not be lost in superficial things (materialism, common temptations),

ela patzân min bischa.
but let us be freed from that what keeps us off from our true purpose.

Metol dilachie malkutha wahaila wateschbuchta l'ahlâm almîn.
From You comes the all-working will, the lively strength to act,
the song that beautifies all and renews itself from age to age.

Amên.
Sealed in trust, faith and truth.
(I confirm with my entire being)

Just in relation[I know I'm a noob], here is someone, who - it appears - is having a hard time with what I believe is the truth and rather sticks to the modern Bible's version of the prayer:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/religionprof/2012/02/the-original-aramaic-lords-prayer-is-none-of-the-above.html

It feels those were desperate times in probably ~~ BC. Enduring lots of hardship and starvation together, strengthened by being in spiritual community. No matter how much people we lost, how many died due to malnourishment and wars, renewed barbaric attacks, we found sanctuary in the old prayers, binding our souls together. So we endured, became stronger in soul than anything those times could throw at us.

Probably, why I'm comfortable with spartan living and why being poor appears 'normal'.

Sobbing overpowers me any time listening to this man, sans the sung version in the second half.

Some awesome chants on that playlist. Now THAT is some church music. Speaks to the soul. Makes 3 minutes seem like an eternity. Tears welling up like crazy.

This is a version that was sent to me, a few years ago, in an email. There is no source link for it:

The Lord's Prayer...translated from Aramaic directly into English, rather than from Aramaic to Greek to Latin to English.

O cosmic Birther of all radiance and vibration,

soften the ground of our being and carve out a space within us where your Presence can abide.

Fill us with your creativity so that we may be empowered to bear the fruit of your mission.

Let each of our actions bear fruit in accordance with our desire.

Endow us with the wisdom to produce and share what each being needs to grow and flourish.

Untie the tangled threads of destiny that bind us, as we release others from the entanglement of past mistakes.

Do not let us be seduced by that which would divert us from our true purpose,

but illuminate the opportunities of the present moment.

For you are the ground and the fruitful vision, the birth, power, and fulfillment, as all is gathered and made whole once again.

And So It Is!

Back
Top Bottom