Loon killed bald eagle by stabbing its heart

Debra

Dagobah Resident
I love a good Forensic Investigation!
This one is really interesting, because Bald Eagles are real A-holes, in my biased opinion!
Loons are one of my favorite birds.
It is not uncommon, especially in the Spring, to see a pair of CROWS, cawing, screaming, diving, slashing with their feet, in hot pursuit of a Bald Eagle.
Bald Eagles are BULLIES, and yeah, they are good looking, but they rarely hunt for their own food.
They take eggs and baby birds out of nests, snatch defenceless pets, and if you want to see them up close, road kill and dead fish on the beach are usually hot spots for a Bald Eagle sighting, just sayin'!

Possibly the Psychopaths of the bird species...:rolleyes::-D
Oh, yeah, the Bald Eagle is the Symbolic Bird of the United States of America.

And the Loon...oh, thats CANADA!! :lol:It is one of our National Birds.
The Loon is also HIGHLY respected by First Nations People here on the West Coast.
The First Nations People believe the Loon to be a symbol of Womanhood, and it symbolizes tranquility, serenity and the reawakening of old hopes, wishes and dreams.
The Loon relies on water and water is a symbol for dreams and multiple levels of consciousness, thus Loons teach us to follow our hopes, dreams and wishes.
Here's the story:
Officials: Loon killed bald eagle by stabbing its heart
By Associated Press
May 20, 2020 | 10:04pm
1590334463879.png1590334518808.png
BRIDGTON, Maine — A bald eagle died last year in Maine after being stabbed through the heart by a loon, wildlife officials said.

A biologist at the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife recently got word about the July 2019 attack, the Bangor Daily News reported Wednesday.

Danielle D’Auria believes it to be one of the strangest cases of eagle death she has ever seen.

The bird had been found with a puncture wound in its chest by a loon biologist in New Hampshire. A dead loon chick was also discovered near the eagle.

When D’Auria heard about the case she had the bird radiographed for a possible bullet wound as it is illegal in the US to kill bald eagles.

The evidence showed no gun residue but indicated that the big bird had been stabbed through the heart by the beak of a loon.

“We know conflicts between bald eagles and loons have soared in recent years as a result of the recovery of our eagle population,” D’Auria wrote in a blog entry for the state agency. “We are seeing more and more eagle predation on loon chicks and even adult loons.”

The biologist believes the loon’s attack was a result of its attempt to protect its chick from the bird.

D’Auria wrote the evidence is important because it shows an attack that appears to be the first recorded wherein a loon has killed an eagle.

She added, “Who would think a loon would stand a chance against such a powerful predator?”

Where ever you are, You ROCK, little Mama Loon.... 💖

Well, I think it is a little much to apply our human terms on animals. Bald Eagles may be bullies in their way of aquiring their food but it is their nature. They are no psychopaths.

But nevertheless I liked the story because I like those "David vs Goliath" stuff. Interestingly the loon knew where the heart of the Eagle is...

Thanks for sharing this!

Well, I think it is a little much to apply our human terms on animals. Bald Eagles may be bullies in their way of aquiring their food but it is their nature. They are no psychopaths.

But nevertheless I liked the story because I like those "David vs Goliath" stuff. Interestingly the loon knew where the heart of the Eagle is...

Thanks for sharing this!

My reference to the eagles being psychopathic birds is a bit much.
Based on observation and comparisons to other birds and the different behaviors they exhibit, there is a lot more going on with birds, than just the Darwinian term that it is their "Nature".

In several of the C's transmissions regarding densities/dimensions and consciousness, I understand that within a Density, there are many dimensions.

Those dimensions, start at a low level of consciousness going higher to the highest level of consciousness,in a given Density, and, in my understanding, the lower levels/dimensions of awareness, would be more selfish, crude, and for lack of a better term, a bit more psychopathic with a lack of compassion and extreme bully behavior!

I know this falls into the unacceptable area in "Science" of being Anthropomorphic, but I don't bend the knee to those Rule makers anyway, the majority of them were and are Darwinists and Atheists anyway!

It seems obvious, that there are different levels of intelligence and awareness in all creatures, as well as humans!

In all the levels of possible 2nd Density "Bird awareness", I see eagles on that lowest level!
Hope that explains my choice of words and terms a bit better.

I agree with you about the "beak to the Heart" that the Mama Loon did.
Good shot!

Back
Top Bottom