"Lizard Man" returns?

Would have been nice if you had included the tale for archive purposes. Anyway, here it is:

BISHOPVILLE, SC (WIS) - After a nasty surprise Thursday morning for one Bishopville resident, she's wondering if the "Lizard Man" is back.

Dixie Rawson of Bishopville sent WIS News 10 an e-mail about a big surprise she got at her home Thursday morning. "The whole front half of our van is chewed up. There are bite marks right through the front grill. Both sides of the van above the wheel wells were bitten and the metal is bent like a piece of paper."

It reminded Dixie of the local legend of the "Lizard Man" that stretches back for decades. Now some are wondering if the Lizard Man is back.

The legend blows in with a brisk winter wind, sending chills through neighbors in Lee County.

"I couldn't believe it, I just couldn't believe it," says Bob Rawson. He looks down at the blood and claw marks on his van. "He literally bit, you can feel where he bit straight through here."

Who is "he"? It's a point of renewed debate in the area. Some are sure they know the only creature capable of this kind of damage is the Lizard Man.

If it is the Lizard Man, he's back nearly two decades after first being spotted near Scape Ore swamp.

No one's ever been able to confirm the account of the seven-foot monster with green skin, three toes and a three clawed fingers.

In addition to the car damage, the Rawsons didn't find their cats in the boxes where they usually sleep. They did find the towels inside shredded, and the same story with the morning paper. Whatever did this, the Rawsons aren't taking any chances.

His Glock loaded, Mr. Rawson is ready to shoot what he feels is most likely a bear. Lee County Sheriff E.J. Melvin says it could be a coyote, but then again, "All the scratch marks, people are saying, 'Sheriff, it's Lizard Man.' Don't know. It's hard to say."

Several of the Rawsons' 20 plus cats have also disappeared. They're hoping they were just scared away.
There are some images on the site that are worth checking out. Hard to imagine what could chew up a car that way! And why???

Then, there is this:

THE LIZARD MAN OF THE SOUTH CAROLINA SWAMPS
If one didn’t know better, they’d see Bishopville, South Carolina as just another sleepy small southern town surrounded by swamps. One would never guess that this quiet place could ever become the focus of international attention. But that’s just what happened one summer fifteen years ago, when reports of a strange and never before seen creature turned backwater town of Bishopville into a place rife with frenzy and fear.

In 1988 the eyes of the world focused on Bishopville in hopes of catching a glimpse of the mysterious and dangerous Lizard Man. The sensation began in June of that year when seventeen year old Christopher Davis was on his way home from working the late shift at a local McDonald’s. As he drove along the outskirts of town, along the border of Scape Ore Swamp, his tire blew out. It was already approaching two in the morning, and the exhausted teenager simply wanted to go home and get to bed. The events that occurred that warm June night as Chris labored to change his tire would make it difficult for the young man to ever sleep soundly again.

Suddenly the quiet stillness of the darkened back road was shattered when Chris heard a loud thump in a bean field across the street from his disabled car. What happened next incited a panic which would last for three straight months. Davis described his experience this way to the AP wire services a few days later:

“I looked back and saw something running across the field towards me. It was about 25 yards away and I saw red eyes glowing. I ran into the car and as I locked it, the thing grabbed the door handle. I could see him from the neck down – the three big fingers, long black nails and green rough skin. It was strong and angry. I looked in my mirror and saw a blur of green running. I could see his toes and then he jumped on the roof of my car. I thought I heard a grunt and then I could see his fingers through the front windshield, where they curled around on the roof. I sped up and swerved to shake the creature off.”

When Chris Davis arrived home late that night, he woke up his parents who found him to be absolutely panicked. They tried to calm him down, but Chris insisted he had been assaulted by some sort of strange beast. His father checked the car in an effort to figure out what exactly was going on. The mirror on the car door was twisted and hanging off. The roof of the car had deep scratches and grooves etched into it.

Police were contacted and Davis told them that the creature was seven feet tall, had red eyes, lizard-like skin and scales.

In the ensuing months, hundreds of people claimed to have encounter the Lizard Man in one fashion or another. Numerous three toed footprints were found in the area, some as long as fourteen inches. The press picked up on the story quickly and drew massive amounts of attention to the town. Posses formed and hunted the swamps for any sign of the reptilian creature. The Lizard Man was also spotted outside of Bishopville, as residents of all of the greater Lee County area claimed have witnessed him. Local businesses cashed in, manufacturing and selling Lizard Man bric-a-brac in their stores. The sheriff’s department was receiving so many calls about the Lizard Man that they had to set up a hotline specifically for leads and reports related to the creature.

Other Lizard Men have been reported in Ontario, Ohio, New York, California, and even New Jersey (Weird NJ issue #8). There are even folktales amongst Carolinian Native American tribes which tell tales of the Inzignanin, a race of fish-men who once lived in the area.

By August of ‘88 the hype over the South Carolina Lizard Man had largely died down. While the Lizard Man has been spotted sparingly in the years since 1988, he has never again generated as much publicity as he did that summer. Was the Lizard Man just an elaborate hoax, as some have speculated? Was he perhaps just and angry black bear misperceived in the dark of the night, as others have alleged? Or does a strange reptilian humanoid stalk the swamps of South Carolina to this day?

http://www.weirdus.com/stories/SC01.asp

On a humorous, slightly off topic note: The lizard man chewing a car reminded me of "Susita". Those cars were built in Israel in the 1950's or 60. And there was a rumour that the smell of the fibreglass, and in other version -straw based structure of the cars made them attractive to camels, who were prone to chewing them. No kidding.

So perhaps something is lacking in Lizard's man diet that cause him to chew cars? :)

The same rumour was told about a turkish car called anadol that the cows liked to chew them. People said the car was like a hardened cardboard.

Re: \

Thought I might add this to the Lizard Man collection.  Meet Lizard Woman!  Or at least a very interesting home video.
Some of the observations made in the video are interesting.  Particularly the womans eyes and a number of little odd occurrences in the video.  I saw this video over a year ago and it was what got me interested in this whole Alien Lizard phenomena.

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZGh5cCiEF8

Re:

DanielS said:
Thought I might add this to the Lizard Man collection. Meet Lizard Woman! Or at least a very interesting home video.
Some of the observations made in the video are interesting. Particularly the womans eyes and a number of little odd occurrences in the video. I saw this video over a year ago and it was what got me interested in this whole Alien Lizard phenomena.

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZGh5cCiEF8
you've got the be kidding, this seems like a revenge of a sour ex boyfriend or something like that
I noticed there is a mention of someone called archangel in this video and also lot of similar videos posted all over youtube produced by archangel systems.
Watched a few of them and oh boy, what a waste of time.
Have to admit this one was slightly chilling, but not because it is the evidence of any shape shifting, the Alieen Vournos was just demonic ugly woman with bad teeth
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgZPryMAsLE&feature=related

Re: \

consciousnessrep said:
Ok this is obviously a reptilian or another genetic strand of reptilian walking around. But why would it show itself like that instead of working in a 4 density way where it could stay out of the human eye. Maybe it was his plan to be seen by the humans just with out the spaceship or the suit.

If you mean "reptilian" in the sense that it is lizard-like, then that seems obvious from the description. However, if you mean "reptilian" in terms of some 4d ultraterrestrial, this isn't entirely obvious to me.

To me this sounds more like a window faller phenomena, but it could be many things; Genetic experimentation unleashed, 4d ultraterrestrial "pet" or "slave"? Who knows...

The fact that there are Native legends of this lizzard-man, if true, seems to speak to a certain hyperdimensional component of the phenomena. Otherwise, maybe this creature or it's kin just live underground and only surface at odd times throughout history?

From what I've read, the Lizzies feed by means of harvesting negative emotions and also by absorbing liquified remains of humans and other animals (maybe this is the greys? I can't find the exact session where this is discussed). It's hard for me to picture going from that to chewing up a car and still being of a similar genetic type.

Just some other possibilities to consider.

Ryan

Back
Top Bottom