Crazy Storm Weather and Lightning - Global

Sustained electrical activity yesterday evening over the northeast. For the day of Sunday the #BasRhin with 2888 and the #Vosges with 2465 are the departments having received the most lightning. All zoomable stats and maps at http://meteo60.fr #orages

Alexander Khrebet/Олександр Хребет
Irpin today. A thunderstorm, strong winds and heavy rain. Several roads were flooded, and the wind blew down trees. The leafy Kyiv suburb still has not healed the scars of war. Water from the sky pours into these wounds.
5:51 PM · Jun 29, 2022,
1656613593093.png

Unfortunately, hail caused damage in the Rhône Valley, at Solaize ( #Rhône ) at the end of the afternoon. The greenhouses of the field We wish a lot of courage to this company which had just put the chrysanthemums into cultivation... The losses must be considerable..

Last night, around 3 am, I perched on Mont Saint Baudille, above the Hérault Valley. Several storm cells released about thirty thunderbolts and upwards. My favorite remains this cloudy area above Lac du Salagou. #orages

Attachments

• 1656516091367.png
    1656516091367.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 143
Unwetter-Freaks@MichaelHutter6
We have now made the video summary of yesterday's HP supercell available to you on Youtube. Have fun!
Jul 1, 2022 On June 30th, the ingredients for severe thunderstorms at the edge of the Alps were again given. At the end of a hot day with a bright blue sky, a first cluster of thunderstorms typically formed in the Lech Valley, from which a super cell gradually formed. This pulled with a tight easterly course over the foothills of the Alps to Rosenheim. Unfortunately, hail of 4-5 cm and heavy rain also caused some damage.

Another concert in France is disrupted by Mother Nature

A real tragedy was avoided, at 4:30 p.m. at @eurockeennes Belfort! The festival announces its closure following the damage; until tomorrow (evening canceled) Photo via Matthieu Culleron

Last edited:
1656516091367-png.60269

This capture of these red electric discharges is astonishing!

Rained anchovies in San Francisco apparently - yep, totally normal — no symbolism either. 🙃 What’s next squids?

“It's raining fish in San Francisco, and locals are finding anchovies in unlikely places around the Bay Area, including sidewalks, driveways, rooftops and bus stops.”

Rained anchovies in San Francisco apparently - yep, totally normal — no symbolism either. 🙃 What’s next squids?

“It's raining fish in San Francisco, and locals are finding anchovies in unlikely places around the Bay Area, including sidewalks, driveways, rooftops and bus stops.”
one thing survaivalists must not forget is to reinforce umbrellas for when it starts raining hippos😃

Red sprites in Japan
Fuji was very busy last night with clear skies and the appearance of sprites, fireballs, and longitude meteors. This is a view captured by a camera pointed southwest from Fuji on the night of July 5, 2022 to the early morning of July 6, 2022. Various types of sprites appeared. Sprites are lights that are emitted into space at the same time as lightning strikes, and their detailed causes are not known.
Here is a view of each sprite individually, appearing at 23:48:08 on July 5, 2022, 0:56:42, 1:26:23, and 1:34:39 on July 6, 2022.

Juin 2022 est le mois le plus foudroyé jamais enregistré en France​

June 2022 is the lightest month ever recorded in France

Once a ball lightning came into my family home. It flew in through the chimney, flew out through the open stove door, dusting soot everywhere, and flew out the open window. Although all in all, no one is sure if it was ball lightning or something else. It was about 50 years ago, so I only know it from stories.

About 5 years ago, lightning struck very close to my house. I was in the bathroom at the time so I didn't see it but I've never heard a louder sound than that thunder in my life. It wheezed in my ears for a while. Just like in the movies when a bomb explodes. Fortunately, no one was hurt, but my neighbor's house was damaged.

Lightning storm in Washington DC

A hot, humid Tuesday ended with severe thunderstorms that downed trees, caused damage and left D.C. area residents without power.

Downed trees and branches have been reported throughout D.C., Maryland and Virginia, as strong winds, heavy rain and thunder and lightning bombarded the area Tuesday afternoon.

The National Weather Service warned about slick roads, downed trees and power outages, as well as unsecured light objects that could become projectiles. . Power outages, downed trees as storms blitz DC region

Hurricane Estelle, category 1 on the Saffir-Simpson scale, continues to cause heavy rainfall in western regions of Mexico. The National Meteorological Service in its 10:00 a.m. local time report reported that Estelle was located 470 kilometers southwest of Manzanillo, Colima, and 480 km south-southwest of Playa Pérula, Jalisco, with maximum sustained winds of 140 kilometers per hour (86.99 miles per hour) and gusts of 165 km/h. (102.5 miles per hour)

Estelle could become a category 3 hurricane on Monday afternoon, fortunately the path of the hurricane is moving away from the coast of Mexico.

UC2DY6L4KBDK5AONFGCMPPUHIA.jpg

Meteorological phenomena are likely to be aggravated by the impact of a CME on the Earth's magnetic field on July 20-21. A minor geomagnetic storm G1 is expected. Let's wait and see.

Massive waves crash into Hawaii wedding reception
Massive waves have slammed into Hawaii’s south shores, blasting into homes and businesses, spilling across highways and sending tables and chairs crashing towards guests attending a wedding.

The waves, some more than six metres high (20 feet), are thought to have been caused by a combination of a strong south swell that peaked on Saturday evening, particularly high tides and rising sea levels associated with climate change, the National Weather Service said on Monday.

Chris Brenchley, the meteorologist in charge at the National Weather Service office in Honolulu, said they were the largest recorded in several decades. Most large summer swells that come from the south are no bigger than about 3 metres (10 feet), which would trigger a high surf advisory.

Back
Top Bottom