Lifeboats, Empty Desks and Learning To Give (According to STO/The C’s?)

SMM

The Living Force
Last night I dreamt I was on a ship.

The ship was stationary.

These lifeboats were coming up to the ship.

They were in need of help.

I and the crew on the ship were giving arms and aid to those in lifeboats.

Guidance, food, clothing, basic and emergency health and social care and support, maps, equipment, health and safety supplies, hygiene and sanitation supplies and, in some cases, shelter.

The next part I remember was being in a classroom.

In this classroom, all the desks were separate and everyone was to sit in a separated chair with their desk.

There was a big blackboard at the front.

Nothing was written on it.

There was a notebook in front of me.

There was no teacher.

There were no students.

There was only me.

It was such a peaceful dream that it stuck with me.

It was such a powerful memory, and insightful to reflect on.

Today I took this photo at sunset.

This photo of land and sea.

Something about this photo reminded me of my dream.

Something about this impression sang to me quietly on recall:

“Share your dream.”

I do not remember much of the details of this dream.

Only clips of these two scenes and the energies that went along with them.

(This is how I wrote it in my dream journal as a way of expressing the brief, clipped nature of each transition in a scene.

I don’t remember any sound in this dream. Generally sound is rare in my dreams.)

I feel the dream was processing learning from a different life before I incarnated in this one.

The theme felt to be about how to give truly. I want to say giving without expectations, as giving all that is asked when asked without anticipation is how I remember true giving - or STO - was described.

In other words, how to love. The C’s talk about “Give when asked” and “Give all when asked.”

How to know one is asking?

How to give all?

Last night, I did a self-hypnosis meditation to help what I need, what will nourish me, and what I need to release and let go.

The C’s say: “If you need something, give it to another.”

It made me wonder:
Do the C’s say anything about release and letting go, surrender or liberation? Do they say anything about how it affects others?

What part does external consideration play when releasing and letting go, if any?

What part do simple and karmic understandings play, if any?

Attachments

• 95236A08-CF6B-4B65-8112-9E6351348AB5.jpeg
    95236A08-CF6B-4B65-8112-9E6351348AB5.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 15
Do the C’s say anything about release and letting go, surrender or liberation? Do they say anything about how it affects others?

What part does external consideration play when releasing and letting go, if any?

Well, that's the whole mystery. Sometimes letting go, or giving up is the most considerate thing one can do for someone else, or ourselves, sometimes it is an act of self centeredness or cowardice, and deciphering the difference or the determining factors. are the simple karmic understandings.

I recall the quote, "When you have learned, you have learned." I guess things stick around in some form until we learn enough to release them and let them go. And one of the virtues to live by was making amends. Sometimes we can only do something indirectly to resolve a lesson and indirectly give back in a way that can bring balance.

Last night I dreamt I was on a ship.

The ship was stationary.

These lifeboats were coming up to the ship.

They were in need of help.

I and the crew on the ship were giving arms and aid to those in lifeboats.

Guidance, food, clothing, basic and emergency health and social care and support, maps, equipment, health and safety supplies, hygiene and sanitation supplies and, in some cases, shelter.

The next part I remember was being in a classroom.

In this classroom, all the desks were separate and everyone was to sit in a separated chair with their desk.

There was a big blackboard at the front.

There was a notebook in front of me.

There was no teacher.

There were no students.

There was only me.

It was such a peaceful dream that it stuck with me.

It was such a powerful memory, and insightful to reflect on.

Today I took this photo at sunset.

This photo of land and sea.

Something about this photo reminded me of my dream.

Something about this impression sang to me quietly on recall:

“Share your dream.”

I do not remember much of the details of this dream.

Only clips of these two scenes and the energies that went along with them.

(This is how I wrote it in my dream journal as a way of expressing the brief, clipped nature of each transition in a scene.

I don’t remember any sound in this dream. Generally sound is rare in my dreams.)

I feel the dream was processing learning from a different life before I incarnated in this one.

The theme felt to be about how to give truly. I want to say giving without expectations, as giving all that is asked when asked without anticipation is how I remember true giving - or STO - was described.

In other words, how to love. The C’s talk about “Give when asked” and “Give all when asked.”

How to give all?

Last night, I did a self-hypnosis meditation to help what I need, what will nourish me, and what I need to release and let go.

The C’s say: “If you need something, give it to another.”

It made me wonder:

Your classroom dream reminds me of NoSelf, described as the ultimate experience of Being. No teacher, an empty notebook, yet there you are alive. Learning and teaching no difference. Whatever is needed.

Thank for sharing about your dreams. Some of your questions and thoughts got me thinking for a couple of hours.
Being STO and giving is something I have been considering for a long time as many in the forum most probably here have been doing. The Cs once said that they are STS:

Session 10 December 1994

Q: (T) You talk about both STO and STS. Yet you tell us that we need to learn to be STO. Why is there a difference between what we have to do and what you are doing?

A: STO is balance because you serve self through others.

Q: (T) You have said a couple of times that you are STS by being STO. Is this not true?

A: Yes. Already answered.

Q: (T) Kind of like: what goes around, comes around?

A: Yes.

Q: (T) Is STO a means to an end for STS?

A: No. STO is balance. STS is imbalance.

Q: (T) How can you be STS through STO if STS is imbalance?

A: STO flows outward and touches all including point of return...

To give fully is not necessarily give all your money to a begger or an old lady selling flowers which I think is more STS thing than STO in the context of balance given by the Cs. Ofcourse maybe there is something I dont understand about the principles of vacuum within an empty wallet. (Joke) I think in order to be giving fully we should consider our needs and interests as well. What is the benefit for us in the act of giving or serving? We have a saying in Lithuania: normal people learn from their own mistakes - Jews learn from the mistakes of others. Don't know what they mean by that but I understand that sometimes helping others solving their problems we can learn something for our selves. Use other people problems and by helping them , we help ourselves to bring out the best of us. Helping others with their issues in order we could know, learn more, and be more skillful. Ofcourse some discernment is required. Every opportunity can be an opportunity of some form of practice.

What if doing what others ask us directly to do is not always in highest service or necessarily what can be meant here? What if it can be something beyond words? As an example: in the times of war, it was not always some leader shouting the men into protecting their land. Sometimes there were no leader to stand in the front and show an example. It was the circumstances. The circumstances that asked men to be of service to the best ability they can possibly be. Not necessarily to the government, but to themselves. The perpetrators standing in the doorways and threatening everything the man worked so hard for. No one needs to ask directly the man to defend his home. It is self evident with someone with a spirit of warrior. No one need to ask to go hunt some food when tribe has been hungry for weeks. No one will ever ask us to do the best thing for our selves. No one asked Noah to build the boat. He acted upon the circumstances he saw were coming and no one else did. In the end doing it for himself, it came in handy for others aswell.

Well, life has taught me that I must define what helping is.

In that process of definition, the helping split into two directions; helping and rescuing.

Helping is my contribution to someone's activity, to a lesser extent. So someone has; plan, means and carries out an activity/action in this matter, but is "stuck" in some work and needs "additional push".
For example. The neighbor wants to put a shelf on the wall and realized that; he needs a drill, or he doesn't have the right drill, or the necessary screws, or someone needs to hold the shelf, or...
Knock on my door and ask for help. I will give him what he asks, if I possess things or abilities.
Helping is the interaction of two or more competent people.

I consider rescuing to be fulfilling someone's expectation that I will take on a greater, if not the entire, share of the activity in solving someone's "problem".
Such a person does not ask for help, but expects a result. When someone tells me about his "troubles", and I ask: "What do you intend to do about it?" If he looks at me, it's as if I've just asked him to be a guarantor for a loan (a look that speaks; Who? Me? You're not normal ?), I know that if I am going to get involved actively, that I am engaging in rescue.
Rescue is the interaction between the "victim" and the "rescuer".

If the "Victim" is an incompetent person, then the "savior" is a despot. (decides on the consumption of the victim in all segments; what, how, when, where...)
If the "victim" is a competent person, then the "savior" is a bondsman.

(I'm talking about normal life circumstances. Of course, in the case of disasters, we have to assume other people's needs and desire to help.
I also think that those few points, about the gradation of helping, from Gurdjieff, refer more to saving than to helping. )

For now, this is my standard by which I orient myself. Maybe it will change in the future, it depends on life lessons.

What if doing what others ask us directly to do is not always in highest service or necessarily what can be meant here? What if it can be something beyond words?
That's a good point, and it is truly difficult to discern, if not impossible, at which point I believe that the best thing one can aim for is honesty, with the self mostly about one's drives and intentions for doing what one does... IMHO, being honest about a self serving decision is progress relative to convincing oneself of the "selflessness" of a decision.

When someone tells me about his "troubles", and I ask: "What do you intend to do about it?
Very interesting and in fact I think this is going to be very useful for me with the professional "martyrs".

People that I know cannot be asked the question of how are you?, because immediately they will be complaining about illnesses and other "ad infinitum".:-)

Back
Top Bottom