"Life Without Bread"

H-kqge, I do some of the same things you do. I will wipe noticeable grease-prints, and try to open doors from a less used position on the handle. I have an awareness of what I've touched since last washing my hands. But for me, it is a symptom of my OCD.

I've only eaten out a few times over the last few years. Sometimes I'll just not eat or eat before arriving. But on the few occasions I did eat, I was fine. One time I ordered a bison burger without the bun. It came with onion rings that I intended to give to someone with me, but they forgot to put them on the side. They were on top of the meat and fried in gluten most likely. I meticulously took them off and eyed the meat carefully for any remaining crumbs. I enjoyed the meal and was fine. I've mistakenly let a few small crumbs get into my food before and that's all it takes for a burning inflammatory reaction to come within 5 minutes of eating it.

I've found after taking HCl supplements that my reaction to questionable foods has become much milder. I think stomach acid deficiency is one of the very first things you should check out because it changes your body's reactions to foods. For one, while I am deficient, I can drink very little water and it won't make much of a difference. With supplementation however, I feel best if I have at least 4 glasses of water per day.

I've used up 2 bags of HCl supplements so far and while there seems to be some permanent benefit, I still need them. I'm not sure what else I can do to help my body produce it's own, except supplement with zinc.

Nancy2feathers said:
That`s a great idea Laura, to use the peanut allergy analogy with gluten and dairy when going out to eat. Once in a while we do go out to eat. I ask the waitstaff a zillion questions, funny thing is our server usually starts asking us questions about our diet and wants more info! Eating out is tough when traveling. I agree, you have to stick to your guns when ordering food out(in a restaurant).

We are seeing new paleo restaurants opening in our area. Ren and I ate at one called "The Backyard Bistro". Ren delivers pastured beef and pork from the farm where he works to this restaurant. Mighty tasty! :)

It's true about the staff asking questions when you make an out of the way food request. There is a funky little mostly vegetarian restaurant down from where I work which has really good coffee. Once I got them to make an almond milk latte with some butter pats in it. They thought it was weird, but hey, it was what the customer wanted, so they did it. It was slow at that time, and she was curious. Why the butter? So we talked about bulletproof coffee, low-carb and keto diets and the rational behind them. It was a chance to spread a little knowledge. Who knows? Maybe she will do some research.

Lucky you to have a dedicated paleo place to eat at!

herondancer said:
Nancy2feathers said:
That`s a great idea Laura, to use the peanut allergy analogy with gluten and dairy when going out to eat. Once in a while we do go out to eat. I ask the waitstaff a zillion questions, funny thing is our server usually starts asking us questions about our diet and wants more info! Eating out is tough when traveling. I agree, you have to stick to your guns when ordering food out(in a restaurant).

We are seeing new paleo restaurants opening in our area. Ren and I ate at one called "The Backyard Bistro". Ren delivers pastured beef and pork from the farm where he works to this restaurant. Mighty tasty! :)

It's true about the staff asking questions when you make an out of the way food request. There is a funky little mostly vegetarian restaurant down from where I work which has really good coffee. Once I got them to make an almond milk latte with some butter pats in it. They thought it was weird, but hey, it was what the customer wanted, so they did it. It was slow at that time, and she was curious. Why the butter? So we talked about bulletproof coffee, low-carb and keto diets and the rational behind them. It was a chance to spread a little knowledge. Who knows? Maybe she will do some research.

Lucky you to have a dedicated paleo place to eat at!

Usually the waiter will stay with me longer than everybody else in the table as I question him/her about the meals. There a few things I have discovered to contain gluten that is not evident at first sight - onions would be seasoned with a deadly combination of soy sauce and gluten (!) or meat soup thickened with flour (!!)

i was just wondering whether gmo grain is poisoning us than non-gmo grains. Well, non-gmo, organic grains if soaked in water overnight will remove the phytic acid... We used to eat home grown wheatflour chapati everyday...it was considered better than rice and aslo helped in loosing weight.

While GMO grain is undoubtedly worse, there is much more than phytic acid that makes grains in general problematic. They make the body go haywire. Even thousands of years ago when humans first began eating grains, the fossil record has shown there was a dramatic fall in health.

The answer to your question is in this thread and all over the forum, and even on the internet. Look up Wheat Belly and Gluten-Free for instance.

monotonic said:
While GMO grain is undoubtedly worse, there is much more than phytic acid that makes grains in general problematic. They make the body go haywire. Even thousands of years ago when humans first began eating grains, the fossil record has shown there was a dramatic fall in health.

The answer to your question is in this thread and all over the forum, and even on the internet. Look up Wheat Belly and Gluten-Free for instance.
. Gluten also is removed when the grains are submerged in water for long hours..all the starch comes out.

No, gluten is not removed by soaking; it is only partially broken down.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/soaked-sprouted-fermented-grains/#axzz1l4vByg73

http://wellnessmama.com/3807/

http://wellnessmama.com/575/how-grains-are-killing-you-slowly/

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/foods18.php

I've been noticing that there are more articles coming out lately about how paleo/Atkins/carb-free/bread-free diets are a "dangerous fad". I'm sure I've read at least two that talked about how gluten is necessary for the vast majority of humans, and this craze about going gluten free is going to have dire consequences.

I'd be curious to know who's funding the articles.

Sure, if you replace wheat bread with gluten-free bread, you're replacing something 100% evil with only 80% evil, but it's still nasty to your system. It's like saying "one drop of arsenic is better than two drops!" Uh huh.

For myself and my wife, we've been gluten free for quite a while now and on the rare occasion we cheat (spring rolls at the company christmas party come to mind) we pay the price...but differently. I have issues for a few days with the "tail end" of things, and she gets migraines. And technically neither of us are celiac.

I still believe that a sick, worried, non-smoking, agitated populace is a yummy snack for the PTB. If they're going to feed on me I'm going to make damned sure they choke.

Lost Spirit said:
I've been noticing that there are more articles coming out lately about how paleo/Atkins/carb-free/bread-free diets are a "dangerous fad". I'm sure I've read at least two that talked about how gluten is necessary for the vast majority of humans, and this craze about going gluten free is going to have dire consequences.

Sure, if you replace wheat bread with gluten-free bread, you're replacing something 100% evil with only 80% evil, but it's still nasty to your system. It's like saying "one drop of arsenic is better than two drops!" Uh huh.

For myself and my wife, we've been gluten free for quite a while now and on the rare occasion we cheat (spring rolls at the company christmas party come to mind) we pay the price...but differently. I have issues for a few days with the "tail end" of things, and she gets migraines. And technically neither of us are celiac.

I still believe that a sick, worried, non-smoking, agitated populace is a yummy snack for the PTB. If they're going to feed on me I'm going to make damned sure they choke.

I agree with u...I don buy that grains are harmful than beer,coke-soft drinks, processed food, gmo food, fried food, fast food... I believe some people have some allergy that they are not able to digest it...but that does not apply to all people...Majority of the grains are gmo and thats what making people sick...if we consider organic grains are harmful....then we have nothing to eat.

All u need to do is while consuming grain..u need to drink lots of water...making sure grains are soaked in water for atleast seven hours before consuming and eating minimally. Eating lots of fruit and vegetable as a side dish will balance it out....

Little knowledge is dangerous that is what happening here...

Crystal clear said:
Lost Spirit said:

I agree with u...I don buy that grains are harmful than beer,coke-soft drinks, processed food, gmo food, fried food, fast food... I believe some people have some allergy that they are not able to digest it...but that does not apply to all people...Majority of the grains are gmo and thats what making people sick...if we consider organic grains are harmful....then we have nothing to eat.

All u need to do is while consuming grain..u need to drink lots of water...making sure grains are soaked in water for atleast seven hours before consuming and eating minimally. Eating lots of fruit and vegetable as a side dish will balance it out....

Crystal clear, have you even read this thread (and the Ketogenic Diet thread)? You seem to see what you want to see. Because clearly what you wrote does NOT agree with what Lost Spirit wrote. Did you read the links Laura posted in response to your previous post? And "Little knowledge is dangerous that is what happening here...." Really? Just this thread has more knowledge contained than most people have about diet and health or anything else. Like the C's have said: false knowledge is worse than no knowledge at all.

Crystal clear said:

Crystal clear, you obviously completely misunderstood Lost spirit's remarks. Perhaps it is the brain fog due to gluten.

am not saying that lost spirit is agreeing with me...i only agree with her some of it....well am aware what are u talking about the thread...i still stand by my opinion...and i rest my case here....thank you......

i don mean to offend anyone by that statement...i was only making my point...i have nothing to say...anyways have a good day!

Back
Top Bottom