Levitation in dreams

E

ExactChange

I haven't had one of these dreams in a while, but I used to have recurring dreams where I would travel around by kicking my legs back at the knee and start floating. I would float down stairs, across lakes or just hover around a room. I never seemed to travel very quickly or float very high, but it seemed to be an activity I could do for as long as it took.

One time I remember coming across another person who could levitate and he wanted to fight me. I had this strong feeling that we shouldn't fight but should instead use levitation for good.

I fly whenever I enter a lucid state. I have "flown" around the world lately, from one dream scene to a completely different one, and to avoid confrontations or discover things. At first I had to do flailing swimming motions, but lately it has become a lot easier. If something tries to attack me in the "air" I just fly higher.

Sometimes I encounter barriers over me, and learned to close my eyes so the image doesn't limit me. Other times, the adversaries followed, and I flew above a "limit" into a state where they would dissolve at the barrier.

What is really interesting is the constant theme of battles I keep seeing in my and other's dream experiences. I think these are representations of the adversity we also encounter in life, especially if we have a bent toward "good", which seems to draw the "other side" both in life and in dreams.

Back
Top Bottom