Lena's limp

J'ai deux petits Yorks mon UGO 19 ans et Hella 8 ans et 4 chatonnes, quand ils boîtent je fais venir une ostéopathe 1 ou 2 séances, elle m'a vendu du Rhumatyl de chez BOIRON :
RHUMATYL BOIRON 30 ML – HÉMOPATHIQUE ARTICULATION CHIEN ET CHAT – DOULEUR ARTICULAIRE (ARTHROSE DU CHIEN ET CHAT, DYSPLASIE DU CHIEN, ETC.)
Le Rhumatyl BOIRON est un traitement homéopathique pour chien et chat, utilisé dans le traitement des manifestations douloureuses de l’appareil locomoteur.
Ce traitement homéopathique est idéal si votre chien ou chat souffre d’arthrose, de dysplasie, de douleurs articulaires, etc.
Ma petite famille se porte à merveille malgré le grand age d'UGO et prend facilement le traitement grâce à une pipette directement dans la bouche... (Je leur donnerai ce traitement jusqu'à la mort)...

I have two little Yorks my UGO 19 years old and Hella 8 years old and 4 kittens, when they drink I have an osteopath come for 1 or 2 sessions, she sold me some Rhumatyl from BOIRON :
RHUMATYL BOIRON 30 ML - HAEMOPATHIC JOINT DOG AND CAT - JOINT PAIN (OSTEOARTHRITIS OF DOG AND CAT, DYSPLASIA OF DOG, ETC.).
Rhumatyl BOIRON is a homeopathic treatment for dogs and cats, used in the treatment of painful manifestations of the musculoskeletal system.
This homeopathic treatment is ideal if your dog or cat suffers from osteoarthritis, dysplasia, joint pain, etc.
My little family is doing wonderfully despite the great age of UGO and easily takes the treatment with a pipette directly in the mouth . (I will give them this treatment until death)...

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

When you talked about Lena's problem, the first thing I thought of was DMSO, but I didn't dare propose it thinking maybe I was making a mistake.

You're going to have to shave off the inflamed area, clean it with neutral soap, then apply DMSO, put a sterile compress on it and a bandage to hold it in place, which is an anti-scratch protective collar.
That's how I'll do it.

Je vais le mettre en français, je viens de m'apercevoir que la traduction en anglais n'est pas correcte.
Il va falloir raser la partie inflammer, nettoyer avec un savon neutre, puis appliquer le DMSO mettre une compresse stérile et un bandage pour le maintenir, ou, soit une collerette de protection anti léchage.

Anyone with experience using DMSO on a dog? Please share how best to apply. Thank you!

Not personally, yet have friends who use it often on horses. There is an article here with a subsection on Prudent precautions, which as Christine mentions requires the problem area to "clean it with neutral soap" as precautions look to any type of toxin in products that can more easily be transported by DMSO into, and through, the body blood/brain barrier.

The inflamed area is around the wrist joint area (of the front right leg) which is where I first saw the "knot" on the outside.

@Jenn mentioned Laser Light Therapy, and the wrist area might be a prime candidate for its use if you can't settle it down with DMSO (checking with your Vet first, that is).

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom