Learning, crashes and metaphores

RedFox

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Hi all

Had some things on my mind for a month now and wanted to share them. Feedback would be welcome, as I'm wondering if I've put too much thought into these things/the cart before the hoarse.

Ok, so I've been trying to self observe. And managed to do better than I usually do a few weeks back, thinking about it I noticed my avoidence strategies for taking responsibility for things (goofing off at work).
Boiled my observations down to 3 things.
1) Learn/understand that all is lessons (from the C's) which led too
2) Understand How to learn those lessons (G's work which I've only skirted)
3) Understand how you Avoid those lessons....

The following day I slipped right back into avoiding my responsibility (lessons)...and spent the entire day goofing off at work..hmm
Driving home I was still in the same mode and thinking about what I wanted to do when I got home (mind elsewhere basically all day)
To be brought back to earth by the guy infront of me slamming on his breaks!
Self observing in that situation is one of the weirdest things I've ever done.
Being aware of paralell thought processes. The following went through my head/body all at the same time.

*Hit break peddle
Oh Shxx gonna hit that car
I don't want to do this (this thought trailed out)
*Relax your body so you don't get wiplash
So this is what its like/I'm like in a crisis

I only just shunted the guy infront...the guy behind crushed my boot/front of his car by about a foot.
None of us hurt (Got out the car and made sure they where both alright)...ended up in a strangely elated (probably adrenaline/dopamean...and having learnt about it last week, probably disasociated) for about a week or 2.
The whole line of traffic infront of me for about 300metes had shunts...my car ended up the worst (writtern off by the guy behind).

Still dealing with insurance companies (oh the fun). But did consider my avoidance of paying attention (awareness of lessons) to be an influencing factor in this event. A preverbial kick up the bum from the universe.

Now something about this all I considered recently that I didn't at the time was the level of trouble involved.
The only damage to the front of my car and the guy infront was bumpers. The damage behind was extensive.
Even if I was paying attention, would I perhaps still have had my car writtern off from behind? I can't remember the exact thought process but it crystalised in the idea as follows:
If you see a problem/accident/disaster coming check (physically or metaphorically) behind you.

The thing that prompted me to share my thoughts on this was a 30second dream I had this morning. Weather its a reflection of my own thoughts or something useful I'm not sure.

I was watching a slide show, and up came a picture of a huge tidal wave (guessing at 100meters tall), set against a stormy sky (I could hardly see the sky, it was blotted out by the wave). Except the wave was traveling away from me....I was behind it
The slide show changed slides once more and this time I was stood by the sea on a grassy flood barrier, with a wall (literally) of water 100meters infront of me....static. No longer a wave but a wall.
I was awe struck at this 'disaster' waiting to happen, wondering what had caused it and why I was behind it (or even near it....front row seats?).

Then my thought about disasters came to mind. In the same sort of way the car crash happened (in an instant with parallel thoughts), I looked to my left to see the sea crashing (about a meter high, 10meters to my left). Instantly aware of how it would drag me out to sea. So I threw myself (now with wet feet) down the other side of flood barrier and landed next to a tree with the idea of holding on to it. Then I woke up.

So my thought is....too active imagination? Rerading too much into looking for metaphores?
Anything to my ideas? :)

Hey RedFox, I can understand you'd be quite shaken up by an accident like that. Given that Mercury retrograde is in full swing right now, it looks like this was a bit of a wake-up call for you and the other people involved. I'm not really sure what you can take from the experience - that's for you to decide - but I recommend keeping your eyes open a little wider than usual right now. The SOTT editorial about "crashes" and "collapses" also comes to mind - there are probably planetary conditions that make people more prone to dissociation and the lapses of attention that cause accidents at the moment. As for your dream - water can be symbolic of emotion, so maybe you're being warned of an emotional time ahead, at least for a little while until the wave "passes"? Just a few thoughts.

What comes to me is the word "sea" which sound can also be spelled "see"

It seems from the description of the dream that something either in your being is trying rather hard to get your attention

Redfox said:
Then my thought about disasters came to mind. In the same sort of way the car crash happened (in an instant with parallel thoughts), I looked to my left to see the sea crashing (about a meter high, 10meters to my left). Instantly aware of how it would drag me out to sea. So I threw myself (now with wet feet) down the other side of flood barrier and landed next to a tree with the idea of holding on to it. Then I woke up.
The sea crashes and the car crashes. The former is experienced during when you are literally "asleep", and the latter happened in real time when were ostensibly awake.

In both cases you recognized the "horror of the situation" only a moment before it was too late to take action.

The flood barrier seems important as does the tree as does the wall of water.

Being dragged out to sea, (see?] seems like a somewhat perilous method to use to achieve the goal of WAKING UP.

"Wet feet" is an expression that often means "lack of resolve" in reference to an undertaking, "backing out" of something.

"Tree" in addition to having one part of itself rooted in the earth and the other, the branches reaching towards the sky, rhymes with "Free".

I don't know if anything here resonates with you.

Please excuse me for taking liberties with you dream imagery. I have to admit that it was fun.

Ryan said:
As for your dream - water can be symbolic of emotion, so maybe you're being warned of an emotional time ahead, at least for a little while until the wave "passes"? Just a few thoughts.
Definitely something to think about...and I am trying to keep my eyes open as much as possible all the time.

webglider said:
It seems from the description of the dream that something either in your being is trying rather hard to get your attention

The sea crashes and the car crashes. The former is experienced during when you are literally "asleep", and the latter happened in real time when were ostensibly awake.

In both cases you recognized the "horror of the situation" only a moment before it was too late to take action.

The flood barrier seems important as does the tree as does the wall of water.

Being dragged out to sea, (see?] seems like a somewhat perilous method to use to achieve the goal of WAKING UP.

"Wet feet" is an expression that often means "lack of resolve" in reference to an undertaking, "backing out" of something.

"Tree" in addition to having one part of itself rooted in the earth and the other, the branches reaching towards the sky, rhymes with "Free".

I don't know if anything here resonates with you.

Please excuse me for taking liberties with you dream imagery. I have to admit that it was fun.
You hit quite a few nerves with that webglider, no need to excuse yourself :) Although I'm having trouble defining exactly what you hit?!
There seems to be great fear when I approached the thought of finding the part of me was trying really hard to get my attention.
'Lack of resolve' does unfortunately describe me in a lot of areas...as Arks quote in my signature says 'Laziness is contagious. One can get infected with it, without knowing, and the therapy is difficult.'...I have been habitually lazy for quite a long time now in most things...

A thought that just occurred is that I have been trying to resolve the feeling that there isn't enough time to do the Work (before time runs out)...perhaps that was the smaller wave and my decision to throw myself (despite knowing I'd land on my face/experience pain) was my decision to try anyway?

hmm...not sure

The barrier did feel like a safe spot, so maybe thats what it is...comfort zone

The tree looked like a young willow, 6ft tall..leaves where new..felt its roots didn't go to deep so deciding to cling to it in the face of the coming flood, through fear of being sucked back out to see on the retreat (drawn into oblivion?) was all I could see to do. Despite the fear the roots may not hold (I was actually concerned for the tree as well....didn't want to uproot it, it was just starting to do well)...being aware of all those conflicting thoughts at once was most strange.

I'd forgotten about analysing dreams through there narrative....how odd

Weird, coincidentally someone hit me today on the highway on my way to work - slammed into the back of my car. I ended up hitting the car in front of me. There was nothing I could do as I actually saw him coming in fast for split second in my rear view mirror so I had a moment to brace myself for impact (he slammed on his breaks in the last moment but it was too late). The impact made me bounce off my seat and almost hit the steering wheel with my head (I think either my hands or my seatbelt stopped me, I don't remember exactly), so it felt like my car should be seriously damaged. But I couldn't see a single scratch or dent at all, which was really weird. His car had a dent though.

And ironically, just as you have been, for the past few days I was not really able to get any work done at work at all, I just couldn't get myself to work or to concentrate. So I took the time to interact on this forum instead. I know I'm technically not doing my "duty" at work by doing this though.

Could this be the current Mercury retrograde effects, or is the universe trying to tell us something (or both)?

Hope your ok Scio! I was flung forward in a similar manner...and am also unsure how I didn't hit the steering wheel. All I knew was I needed to relax at the time so I didn't get bad whiplash.

If he pushed your car forward thats perhaps why there was little damage...in my case I had my foot firmly on the break when the guy hit me from behind, my car didn't move much...the boot did though! lol

The similarities are striking thats for sure. Between this and the plane crashes and WW2 bombs....I don't quite know the metaphor but really am starting to feel there is something behind it of significance

The dream was quite a shock in some ways, it stood out....it was probably lucid thinking about it, as I was pretty self conscious (although still believed it was real).
Even the dream starting as a slideshow I was observing reminded me while I was dreaming it about the C's description of 3rd density/time (will find the reference if your interested)

I said:
If you see a problem/accident/disaster coming check (physically or metaphorically) behind you.
Perhaps I should expand that to If you see a problem/accident/disaster coming check (physically or metaphorically) behind you, as this is where the real danger may be coming from sneaking in under the noise of the 'obvious' danger.
It reminds me of a scene in Jurasic park with the raptors. One stands in front of the guy to distract him, the one that kills him comes from the side while he is distracted by the 'obvious' danger in front of him.
What do you think?

Bit of a jump, but do you think the results of the impact where less due to observing 'what was behind you'?

ScioAgapeOmnis said:
Could this be the current Mercury retrograde effects, or is the universe trying to tell us something (or both)?
Yeah, quite a few people I know have noted that things started going really haywire recently (breakages, accidents etc) about the time Mercury retrograde kicked in.

Back
Top Bottom