Learning about self defense, martial arts in the "end of the world"

Kmicic

Jedi Master
Hello everyone,
I've thinked about one question and I try to search some information about it here but I couldn't found clear answer. Like the Cs's say the culminative point is near and people start to go deep into madness. They also say that wouldn't be easy for anyone in that time and it could be very very painfull. I would like to ask a simple question: Are the people should learn how to protect themselfs in fight and how to kill our opponent? In that time that should came, that time of chaos, should we be prepared to kill other bad people that would like to kill us? Should we be prepare for killing others?

A little wink ...

Do you think it is very "safe" to participate in a forum that is "observed" by all the "Security Agencies" of the planet?:-D

I see that we are a little misunderstood :-) I'm curious in that If we should prepare to kill aggressors with your muscular strength, learn how to kill with knife, gun, things like that ;-)

Hello everyone,
I've thinked about one question and I try to search some information about it here but I couldn't found clear answer. Like the Cs's say the culminative point is near and people start to go deep into madness. They also say that wouldn't be easy for anyone in that time and it could be very very painfull. I would like to ask a simple question: Are the people should learn how to protect themselfs in fight and how to kill our opponent? In that time that should came, that time of chaos, should we be prepared to kill other bad people that would like to kill us? Should we be prepare for killing others?

Personally, I don't see a problem to killing people in self-defence. Like if someone broke into your house, you wouldn't just stand there as the thief pull a knife on you, would you? You would react and do what's necessary to save yourself and your family. And I know there is a session that say the "You should never kill" is man-made. However, personally, I just think why even bother to fight. I mean, it all ends in the complete destruction of our society anyway, one way or another. Neither me nor my family will gain any kind of real protection from the madness or even extend our life for that long. The only way to escape the chaos or get some sort of peace is by dying. In a situation where there is a complete breakdown of society, you kill today, but you will have to kill tomorrow and the day after. And really, you're only earning a few more days or perhaps weeks of survival. If you're really lucky, perhaps months, but for what exactly? To survive even more misery or suffering? There won't be any safe place, anywhere in the world. And it isn't like WWI or WWII where eventually the war stopped. From the way, I look at it, I'm already dead. So why prolong, what is already done? I know a true STO is supposed to do the right things even if there's no reward, but oh well...

Personally, I don't see a problem to killing people in self-defence. Like if someone broke into your house, you wouldn't just stand there as the thief pull a knife on you, would you? You would react and do what's necessary to save yourself and your family. And I know there is a session that say the "You should never kill" is man-made. However, personally, I just think why even bother to fight. I mean, it all ends in the complete destruction of our society anyway, one way or another. Neither me nor my family will gain any kind of real protection from the madness or even extend our life for that long. The only way to escape the chaos or get some sort of peace is by dying. In a situation where there is a complete breakdown of society, you kill today, but you will have to kill tomorrow and the day after. And really, you're only earning a few more days or perhaps weeks of survival. If you're really lucky, perhaps months, but for what exactly? To survive even more misery or suffering? There won't be any safe place, anywhere in the world. And it isn't like WWI or WWII where eventually the war stopped. From the way, I look at it, I'm already dead. So why prolong, what is already done? I know a true STO is supposed to do the right things even if there's no reward, but oh well...
All there are are lessons, there is nothing else ... and ...

What is doing the right thing?

After each and every one of my actions, I think if I was wrong. In this I include all my comments in this forum.

Being true to oneself is the only thing that guides me, the rest is very relative.

When the crossroads arrives, what do you ask, what will we do?

And by the way ...

A person who "acts" with absolute disregard for his own safety for the benefit of others is a "formidable" rival.

For the "known rules" in an STS society, that person is an "enigma" and absolutely "unpredictable" for the known "combat" rules.

Who does not act motivated by selfishness is an enigma for known "standards".

I see that we are a little misunderstood :-) I'm curious in that If we should prepare to kill aggressors with your muscular strength, learn how to kill with knife, gun, things like that ;-)

Probably not. Certainly no more than the usual skills you might want to acquire in normal times. Awareness is the most important defense in any situation. So I'd focus on improving that, assuming there are some areas of weakness.

I think there is nothing wrong in learning to protect yourself like martial art. But as Joe wrote awareness to avoid a situation where you could get into trouble is the best way to protect you and your family. Because there are always much more skilled and scrupulous people out there who don't think twice to pull a trigger and best to avoid such people and situations at all.

FWIW I agree with Joe and Gawan. I study martial arts because I enjoy it but the best way to avoid trouble IMO is to pay attention and stay away from dangerous situations. In a tactical sense that could mean something like staying in well lit areas and safe neighborhoods when you're walking around a city at night. In a strategic sense it could mean something like being careful when you choose a place to live.

Having said that, I like studying martial arts because the drills and practice have helped me to get stronger, my hand-eye coordination has improved and my balance is better. It has also helped me to get over some of my fear of physical confrontation which has helped me to feel comfortable being less conflict avoidant and overly agreeable.

Hello everyone,

It seems to me that the C's said several times that they won't suggest killing as a solution, even if they don't seemed judgemental about it.

That said, self-defense is certainly a good skill and martial arts a good physical practice, and more than physical, it seems cause it's said to give some other kind of awareness, like the one Joe talked about.

"Kmicic, post: 818300, member: Are the people should learn how to protect themselfs in fight and how to kill our opponent? In that time that should came, that time of chaos, should we be prepared to kill other bad people that would like to kill us? Should we be prepare for killing others?

Martial Arts in my view helps to keep one in physical shape, hone the instincts/intuition in regard to self preservation, and develop a certain kind of perspicacity when it comes to seeing any kind of physical confrontation before it happens and avoiding physical confrontations when and where possible but that's about it imo. However the true fighter, imo, is one who can apply the concept of martial arts at the level of the mind/psychic defense and this does take a great deal knowledge and awareness regarding the nature of the human condition and being able to, more or less, see things happen before they happen (in terms of possibilities) and then acting/reacting accordingly.

For me Martial Arts is something that is very useful for those who are highly uncoordinated and with little body self-awareness. I've seen people so rigid and unaware of their body that they can't even get the logistics of doing a simple rolling. They "lighten up" and gain more body awareness as soon as their body become more flexible, being able to do what you tell it to do. The feedback that you get from others of how your body comes across when you are trying to do something is very useful too.

So for me it's more like a tool for grounding yourself and for disciplining the body, so that it acts in your favor and not against you. And there are other tools where you can train that, i.e. yoga.

Cassiopaeans say about the importance of gaining new knowledge, in such case, knowledge about how to defense is also Knowledge and training to achieve a proper level of skills is like utilization of this knowledge. So yes, learning martial arts is justified as same as learning every skill which has some value. Then everyone should learn this? I am sure that answer is no, that could be a matter of life lessons plan, etc.

As you are, for some time here, on this forum, you may know descriptions and realize by yourself that many things are going on the mental and energetical level, and we probably live inside a bigger more complexed reality when navigation in such reality depends on consciousness, not on the physical strength and strictly material survival. We die anyway... I mean, in one way or another we will leave this plan of our current existence. The material life pass, so there is no sense to dig into it too much.

Back
Top Bottom