Laura's Book "From Paul to Mark" is out!!!! ... And in French too

I also tried to order the book from German Amazon for delivery to Macedonia. The General Amazon site didn't have an option to deliver the book to Macedonia. It was possible on the German site but I don't receive any approximate delivery date, so I am still not sure if I will receive it or not.

Was money collected from your account already Konstantin? Amazon only charges you when the order is shipped so maybe you could cancel the order and buy the book directly from Pilule Rouge when it's available there? Chu said it will be available there soon.

Was money collected from your account already Konstantin? Amazon only charges you when the order is shipped so maybe you could cancel the order and buy the book directly from Pilule Rouge when it's available there? Chu said it will be available there soon.
It says that the Order is received and the Shipping will be Prepared. Nothing is charged on my Credit card yet.
I will wait for a few more days and if they don't ship the book I will cancel it. The shipping to Macedonia costs 14 euros.
I will then wait to be available on Pilule Rouge or The Kindle format.
Wait and see. :-)

It says that the Order is received and the Shipping will be Prepared. Nothing is charged on my Credit card yet.
I will wait for a few more days and if they don't ship the book I will cancel it. The shipping to Macedonia costs 14 euros.
I will then wait to be available on Pilule Rouge or The Kindle format.
Wait and see. :-)

Just to let you know I ordered the book earlier today and I just got an email confirming my order has been shipped. Hopefully yours will be shipped very soon too Konstantin! :scooter:

Congratulations Laura. As a once programmed catholic school girl, I am so looking forward to reading this book. I was holding out for the Kindle version, but last night I had a dream I was with Laura and her family during Christmas. She was sitting with me and just about to explain why Jesus didn't exist, when I woke up! First thing I did this morning was purchase the hard copy. :-D

I've been reading The New Wave books on website for a while now and finally had the urge to donate, so I searched the forums and found this thread by chance. "Oh, I see - okay, ordering." Once I finished placing an order I wanted to find this thread again, but the same search terms didn't help me at all this time. Funny.

Ordered from amazon.de and expected arrival of the book to Latvia is May 25.

I'm a Catholic (Roman-Catholic) who've never read the Bible.
I tried once when I was young, but - no. Too dry, too confusing,...
I did read various other books that brought the Bible in the form of stories.
I´ve also enjoyed my religion classes and I remember a lot from them. I was lucky, I guess, that I had a very good priest teaching religion without threatening us with "eternal flame" and "the devils will take you" and stuff like that. They were open minded and kind and ready for conversation.

The topics of Jesus, Old and New Testament were always interesting to me and, as probably most of the people here, I know stories about Jesus as myth and reference to Sun cycles and other theories.
But they´ve never quite held the water; like something was missing there.

I also liked the Jesus-person and after a while, I basically discarded all of the Bible as just stories, but I couldn´t let go of Jesus.
It was fascinating to me that the only "commandments" he gave were commandments of Love - Love thy God and Love each other.
I found that fascinating and worthy to follow and to remember.
Now as I've searched, I see they appear in Mark, Luke and Matthew so my question is: is there more to it or is that a fiction or...?

That's basically the story why I couldn't wait for Laura´s new book; especially when I´ve read that it was supposed to be titled "The Secret History of God".

And now I'm fascinated again! I´m only reading it for 2 days now (I´m in the 1st chapter) and so far I´ve underlined 1/4 of the text!
I'm fascinated with the amount of work and research put in the book. There are references in footnotes that are sometimes over half of the page!
I haven't yet found some term that wasn´t clearly explained in the footnote or otherwise.
The writing flows like water, so far - NOT DRY AT ALL; in fact, the story just flows and flows and pushes me to read further.
The book is (so far) not hard to read at all.
It is not for fast reading, because some things make me think or I remember something I used to believe in, and then I find myself staring at the wall and I'm off to tangential thinking and then I have to go back a bit in a book to catch the flow again....

My deepest respect to Laura and to the entire helping team!

The BOOK arrived yesterday. Goodness, it's a big boy and very heavy. As I write this my husband is making a tray with legs, so to speak, that I can place across my legs as I sit to take the weight of the book. I have never been able to sit at a desk to read so I will be a couch potato with a home made tray and very big book.

When my book arrived my husband just knew that I would be otherwise engaged for the foreseeable future and he will take on all duties in the house and outside while I immerse myself in FROM PAUL TO MARK. Perfect.

Back
Top Bottom