Kittens

L

Lucy

A few weeks ago I had a dream about kittens, and last night another kitten dream. Both had to do with the kittens being fed. It seems strange to me that I would have two such dreams in a short space of time.

First dream:
There was a new litter of kittens by a 'first time mom'. She was having trouble nursing them. While she was away from her litter another, older, cat (an experienced 'mom') 'stole' the litter of newborn kittens and took them to another place in the house...ostensibly to make the litter hers. I was watching this going on and wondering if the older cat would somehow be able to make milk to nurse the litter...or perhaps she merely 'thought' she could do that. I was halfheartedly considering it to be possible...hoping even, since I felt that would make the situation easier to deal with. I 'knew' the older cat would not give up the kittens without a fight, plus I was worried the real mother wouldn't be able to successfully feed them. But I was also worried about what would happen when the real mother cat found her babies gone, her confusion and upset; I felt sorry for her.

Second dream:
I was watching a mother cat and her litter (they weren't newborns like in the first dream, these kittens were old enough to eat from a dish) as they were gathered around a dish eating dry cat food. Suddenly the mother cat separated one kitten who seemed to be having a little trouble eating and carried it to a different food dish in another room. I followed them and watched as the separated kitten and the mother cat ate together from the that dish. I was wondering why the kitten could eat from one dish but not the other since the dishes were exactly the same and contained the exact same food.. And I was also wondering 'how and why' the mother cat understood how to solve the eating problem by simply moving the kitten to a different feeding place.

These dreams seem to be connected...or are variations on a theme. In both dreams kittens (or a kitten) were moved to a different location. In both I watched as the kittens were carried in an older cat's mouth. In the first dream the one carrying the kittens was the older cat who was 'stealing' them. In the second dream the one kitten was carried by the real mother. Both situations had to do with the kittens being able to eat, or be nourished. The moving had to do with new 'feeding locations'.

Any ideas?

In the first dream you said the other older cat took the babies, my experience with cats though says that it is more likely she was baby-sitting, older female cats often help younger moms ...

But since ultimately these dreams are a reflection of you perhaps you need some baby kitties to mother ... I had lots of cat dreams before I finally rescued a pair of sisters from the pound.

Just an observation this time:

Last night I had a dream I was planning a trip to Nebraska from Missouri. Nebraska is the centermost state in the continental USA, and that may be the context here. The road on the map was marked as interstate 408 in deep red, like blood, but there was a barrier between "States" that I was trying to cross.

Then the dream shifted and I was in a sunlit room on a couch with one of the cats roaming in the yard where I live. This was strange, because these cats were raised wild and freak out in the house. The tabby on the couch is the friendliest, but even he is skittish around people. The other cats were coming in through the window and walking all over the room as if looking for something.

Then a white squirrel came in the room, and I started yelling "look, look, a white squirrel!" as if it was a rare and significant event. This wasn't an albino squirrel, since it had large brown eyes and patches of brown and tan on its fur. It came in and started walking around the room in single file with the cats.

That's all I remember of that one. Interesting coincidence.

highmystica said:
In the first dream you said the other older cat took the babies, my experience with cats though says that it is more likely she was baby-sitting, older female cats often help younger moms ...
In this case the older cat was very old, too old to have kittens herself, and was "stealing" the kittens in order to help them according to what "she" thought was the way to help them. So was she 'helping' the new mother...or simply deciding to do what she 'wanted' to do, or operating under 'wishful thinking'? And...she was not lactating...so how was she planning to nurse the kittens? Although your comment about older cats "offering help to younger moms" may be siginificant, and tie in with another of my dreams I posted at http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=1349.msg7386#msg7386 that involved "mentorship."

highmystica said:
But since ultimately these dreams are a reflection of you perhaps you need some baby kitties to mother ... I had lots of cat dreams before I finally rescued a pair of sisters from the pound.
I can see how the dream could be interpreted that way. However, I already have a cat that I take care of, and I'm not thinking the dream is so literal. It's what the cats and kittens represent to me...on both a micro and macro scale, that seems to be significant.

In replying to your comments I realized for the first time (one of those "duh" moments!) that in this dream I was observing and asking myself questions but not actually participating in any way...and that it's actually a continuation of a 'dream theme' I've been experiencing for awhile now.

Thanks for your comments...they've been helpful. :)

Lucy said:
EsoQuest said:
Interesting coincidence.
I agree!
Sorry, I meant to add more to this comment before posting it and goofed up. So I'll try again. :)

If I hadn't posted my dream I may not have read about yours...which seems significant to me....especially since my decision to post it seemed rather impulsive...I didn't think the "Kittens" dreams were important enough to post...and seemed too personal to be decipherable by (or of interest to) others.

Since I live in Nebraska I think this is probably more than just an interesting coincidence, as is the element of cats; perhaps symbolic of us 'picking up' similar energies...our personal variations on a theme, so to speak. Or do you think there's more to it than that?

I think in my dream the cats and kittens symbolize my mother, myself, my children, my siblings, certain situations, often involving motherhood and feeding situations, and possibly some residual guilt I'm dealing with since I've come to recognize my part in some of these situations. I also think there's a hint to me about trusting my own intuition. I'm now beginning to be able to 'see' more clearly and on more levels...both personal and universal...as in both the first and second part of the Work, as you once explained it to me. In fact, the two dreams (again) seem to be "bookends," and represent certain elements that have "bookended" my life, as we've discussed before. It's all tied up together and I'm in the process of sorting it out, making sense of it and coming to terms with it. Psychopathy looms large in all of this...both in the form of other people, relationships and my own psychopathic behavior...especially as it relates to programming from my mother.

I'm going to go back to re-read the Jehovah's Witness dream thread to 'see what I can see'. It seems the "state" of my awareness is going through a rapid series of changes. I feel very close to a breakthrough...as if something's just beyond my fingertips but I can't quite grasp it just yet...and meanwhile I'm continuously picking up a lot of clues that are forming pattern.

I would say both both our dreams could be indicative of universal themes many are picking up right now-- all in somewhat different ways that are determined to a great degree by our own personal lesson plans, but which seem to overlap at times in a universal way.

I'm mentally picturing glowing strands of energy that are growing and reaching outward, crisscrossing and connecting in an ever increasing network. A sign of the times?

You now, the first time I saw the word Cass-chat, I mispronounced it Cat-chat. ;)

Maybe there are personal and group elements mixed here. I saw my mother in fact in the same dream. I even had an image of Brent (Cyre2067) with some friend of his he was desribing (and this was the day after I answered that post). So maybe it's not one thing, but a smorgasboard. We do, after all discuss personal matters in a group context...

Just some thoughts.

Very interesting subject for me, because I also have lot of "cats/kittens" dreams.
Until recently I always referred to them as a manifestation of my deep affection toward feline species. I have a cat which I love despite (or maybe because ;) ) of her controversive nature. So I assumed that maybe it was a proper interpretation of the dream symbols. But lately I started to realise that maybe it's not so simple and much more interesting.

There is an accepted point of view that dream symbols can be categorized and generalized, so they can be used as a possible interpretation of other people dreams. In my opinion this is highly untrue. The same symbol can carry different meaning for different people. For example cats ;) In most dream symbology books, cat symbolize a possible enemy who is lurking in the shadows, trouble, envy, treachery, some loss or other negative aspect. But I also found several places that reffer to a cat in a dream as a symbol of comfort, home, cozy feeling.
It seems that all of those books or sites interpretate cats according to their own liking or disliking of the animal. If you like cats, they will represent a comfort or home, if you don't - then they will represent a danger from some treacherous and cunning enemy. But there is also another meaning that was "created" with a rise of New age. According to some woman I know (and who is quite deep into new age) cat symbolies spiritual development. If you see a cat in your dream, this is an indication of some spiritual connection, a message from "higher planes". Again, this interpretation is a result of a personal attitude toward cats. As I said, this woman is deep into New age, especially an "Egyptian branch" of those beliefs. According to egyptian mythology, cats are secred animals
http://www.crystalinks.com/cat.htm But there is a thin line between knowledge and wishful thinking and disinformation, so we should be careful.

So what does it mean? That everyone will interpretate their "cat dreams" as they see fit? Possibly. But I am going to try and explore another aspect of this issue. According to some of the esoteric teachings (also Castaneda if I remember correctly) focus or tuning into lower centers can create a connection or actually give access to the "realm" of Gaia/Earth spirit/goddess, and "she" speaks through animal or other nature symbols. And this connection may be called a "shamanic state of consciousness". Every symbol carry a specific energy, and by interpretating the symbols and their "condition" or drama, we can understand the message. Also, according to several teaching (indians for example) we all carry or can be related to some animal imprint. Animal that represents our nature. I am not sure how much truth such teaching carry, we also do not have a deep understanding of an animal world (only our stereotypes) but maybe this is somehow connected to the way our inner self of lower centers is comunicating with us. In this case "inner dog" carry aditional meaning :)
And cat's always were a symbol of feminine energy. A "dark aspect" of Nature/Goddess.

A common mistake among those who are on the path of Quest for the Grail, is to strengthen the connection with higher centers, ignoring a lower ones like something that is not needed in a spiritual development, because it would be left behind eventualy. (for a long time it was also my mistake). And this approach is a mistake, because you do not solve problem by ignoring it, by carring head in the clouds and ignoring that someone is chopping or biting your legs . There is a need for union and not seperation. Cleaning the whole parts of the house and not ignoring dark corners by shoving into them unnecessary garbage. In my opinion, it is important to pay attention and be aware of other aspects of our psyche.

So with what was written above in mind, I am going to try to give my own interpretation of your dreams, also sharing my own "kitten" dreams, because (what a coincidence!!) I also had a kitten dream during a period of your first post about it. Maybe we indeed caught an energy or message.

Lucy said:
I would say both both our dreams could be indicative of universal themes many are picking up right now-- all in somewhat different ways that are determined to a great degree by our own personal lesson plans, but which seem to overlap at times in a universal way.
I agree. There is some collective energy that touch everyone in it's own personal way.

Lucy said:
These dreams seem to be connected...or are variations on a theme. In both dreams kittens (or a kitten) were moved to a different location. In both I watched as the kittens were carried in an older cat's mouth. In the first dream the one carrying the kittens was the older cat who was 'stealing' them. In the second dream the one kitten was carried by the real mother. Both situations had to do with the kittens being able to eat, or be nourished. The moving had to do with new 'feeding locations'.
I think that what you picked up, is a message about the "energy state" of Gaia. She is going though some sort of transformation (also connected to the Wave. Remember Cass said that earth is also transforming or becoming of 4d?) There is also an aspect of the triple goddess presented in the dream. Old cat, young mother and new born kittens. So new mother gave birth to new energy connections/creativity conduits, kittens. But old cat wanted this new creativity to herself, so she stole something that wasn't her creation, hoping that it will give her new life. In my opinion, it's symbolies the fear of losing something already known and old, and stepping into something new and unknown. This maybe not Gaia's fear but our own collective fear.
In the second dream you've witnessed a "feeding process" and difference between "feeding needs". I think that first of all, that means that new creativity had a succesful implementation and it's started to grow, but there is an additional meaning. That one creative conduit / one solution wasn't enough. There was a need to another food source/frequency. Maybe it's means that this transformation involves a need for creation of several solutions, in order to noirish those who do not want to feed from one plate, because maybe food is not tasty enough for them.

Lucy said:
I also think there's a hint to me about trusting my own intuition. I'm now beginning to be able to 'see' more clearly and on more levels...both personal and universal...as in both the first and second part of the Work, as you once explained it to me. In fact, the two dreams (again) seem to be "bookends," and represent certain elements that have "bookended" my life, as we've discussed before. It's all tied up together and I'm in the process of sorting it out, making sense of it and coming to terms with it
I think that this dream was a message for you, that you started your own transformation and will be able to find a solution.

Esoquest said:
Then the dream shifted and I was in a sunlit room on a couch with one of the cats roaming in the yard where I live. This was strange, because these cats were raised wild and freak out in the house. The tabby on the couch is the friendliest, but even he is skittish around people. The other cats were coming in through the window and walking all over the room as if looking for something.
I also had such dreams from time to time. Lot of cats around me, just sitting or walking like it their place. i think it's an indication that Gaia's energy is present and it's letting you know that it's her home.

Now to my own dreams.
As i said, I had a "kitten" dream during the same period. It was a part of some greater dream dynamics, something I am still trying to understand. But I've noticed that those cat dreams indeed come as an indication that there is some message, so better to pay attention. In this dream I entered a room where all the cats were held. Apparently I had such room :-) I've opened the door and started to call for them to come out form the dark and to receive food in a larger room or just to hang out. I saw lots and lots of cats leaving the room from under the beds and other furniture.But I felt that there are some who didn't leave yet, So I bent on my knees and looked under the bed. I saw a tiny kitten, new born with eyes still half closed. He was alone and apparently was left behind by his mother. I lifted him gently and felt how he grabed my hand with his paws. Then I took him to another room, where all the cats were present, and started to look for his mother. And my method of looking was to bring the kitten closer to a cat, and see if his is pulling toward her, if his is trying to grab her with his paws. After several attempts I succeeded to find his mother. She was ginger colored feline. So I left him with her, sure that now everything will be ok.

In another dream I had tonight, that was also part of other dreams connected between them, I saw that I received a new cat. He was friendly and much nicer then our current cat (:) ) and I thought that it can be a great replacement. I was walking on the street with a bag in my hand with to cats inside. Some old ginger colored cat I didn't know, my current cat, and the "new one" was walking near me. After I thought about replacement I've stopped and realised that this wasn't fair. If I was awake, I would never have thought of replacing a cat only because the new one is nicer (and I love my cat!!). I would add it to our "family". So I saw the idea of getting rid of the old one and getting a new one as something strange, something I would never do.

I have a feeling that those dreams represent a global process of energy transformation, and also a personal message to every dreamer about their inner "condition".

Just my thoughts...

Back
Top Bottom