Keto recipes

Yas said:
I made an autoimmune friendly meatloaf yesterday that turned out delicious, here's the recipe:

1/2 kg of grounded meat (I get it very fatty)
As much bacon as you like.
Lard (it can also be tallow)
1 tbsp of Turmeric
Oregano to taste
Salt

Just chop the bacon in small pieces and mix everything together very well so that the salt and spices are well spread. (You can also add other spices if you're not sensitive)

Cut long slices of bacon to put on the glass dish so that it will have a bacon top :D

Put all the meat/spices/bacon/lard mixture on top of the bacon.

Put in the oven for 1 hour and 15-20 minutes. Temperature: around 180° C (you can rise the temperature during the last 15-20 minutes so I gets a nice colour)

I haven't tried the one with liver yet, but that would be next ;D

As you can see, I ate with bone broth on the top as a "cream" and it was REALLY delicious!

I'm going to make this right now! Gonna make two, mixing 1kg of beef with 1kg of pork. Your pictures motivated me to take the meat out of the deep-freezer. :lol:

Question about the bone broth pictured: How did you get it to be so creamy-looking? When I make it, it looks gelatinous rather than creamy.

Keyhole said:
Hey Arwenn.

Not sure if this would be suitable for a snack, but for meal times if you fancy trying some "international" dishes, you could try out a traditional English meal... Something we call "Bangers and Mash" over here ;)

It typically consists of sausage rested on mashed potato with an onion gravy.

However, as we can't eat potato's... Me and Thorn recently came up with a low carb-high fat alternative - Broccoli Mash :D

Ingredients:

One Head of Broccoli
Salt - to taste
Black pepper - to taste
100g Butter/Ghee/Lard
A few parsley leaves

Method:
Boil or steam the broccoli till tender but not too soft. Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until thick and sloppy!
I'm not the biggest fan of broccoli, but I tried this today as a side for meatloaf, just to try it. This is one of my new favorite sides! So filling! So yummy! I didn't even use parsley, and I can imagine how much better it would be. Thank you for coming up with this!!! :thup: :clap: :thup: :dance: :bacon:

Guille said:
Yas said:
I made an autoimmune friendly meatloaf yesterday that turned out delicious, here's the recipe:

1/2 kg of grounded meat (I get it very fatty)
As much bacon as you like.
Lard (it can also be tallow)
1 tbsp of Turmeric
Oregano to taste
Salt

Just chop the bacon in small pieces and mix everything together very well so that the salt and spices are well spread. (You can also add other spices if you're not sensitive)

Cut long slices of bacon to put on the glass dish so that it will have a bacon top :D

Put all the meat/spices/bacon/lard mixture on top of the bacon.

Put in the oven for 1 hour and 15-20 minutes. Temperature: around 180° C (you can rise the temperature during the last 15-20 minutes so I gets a nice colour)

I haven't tried the one with liver yet, but that would be next ;D

As you can see, I ate with bone broth on the top as a "cream" and it was REALLY delicious!

I'm going to make this right now! Gonna make two, mixing 1kg of beef with 1kg of pork. Your pictures motivated me to take the meat out of the deep-freezer. :lol:

Question about the bone broth pictured: How did you get it to be so creamy-looking? When I make it, it looks gelatinous rather than creamy.

Hi Guille!

The bone broth is creamy because I process it in a food processor before storing it.

So, basically, once I finish cooking the broth, I put it inside the food processor and then put it in pots to store it.
When it is in the fridge it's also more gelatinous, a bit like ice-cream and gelatin together :lol: But it's creamy when heated, like in the picture.

My significant other hates spinach - and the whole idea of keto - but even he liked this recipe.

Preheat electric oven to 400
Code:
°
F.

Ingredients for Single Serving:
2 eggs
1 cup chopped spinach (I cut up fresh spinach leaves with a pair of kitchen scissors)
Freshly ground Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
Half a teaspoon curry powder or cayenne pepper (spinach and a bit of cayenne go together quite well, but I am allergic to capsicum family peppers, so I forgo)
Half a small onion, chopped
I clove garlic, crushed to release juices, then chopped
2 slices bacon, cut in chunks

[list type=decimal]
[*]Beat together eggs, curry powder (or cayenne), salt and pepper in a small bowl.

Add spinach, onion, garlic and bacon and mix thoroughly.

Coat the inside of a single serving size Pyrex dish with coconut oil.

Pour mixture into Pyrex dish and bake for 45 minutes.
[*]
[/list]
What you get are neat little cakes that are slightly crunchy, thanks to the coconut oil.

Green tea cacao jello

This one can be experimented with and built upon. I just used what I had at hand. It's great for a hot summer day.

1. Boil one mug of water and let it cool down, ideally the temperature should be 160 degrees Fahrenheit (74 to 85 degrees Celsius) for green tea.
2. Add 4 tea bags (or a similar amount if you're using loose leafs) to the heated water, and let it steep for 2-3 minutes. Steeping it for too long produces a bitter taste.
3. Take out the tea bags and add a teaspoon of honey (I think I'll add a bit more next time), 2 tablespoons of beef gelatin, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (I use the one without any odor or flavor) and about 4 teaspoons of cacao powder. Mix thoroughly so that the gelatin gets dissolved.
4. Transfer to a bigger container and add a cold mug of water.
5. Refrigerate.

It would have a lot of oxalates with the almond flour. I wonder if you could replace it with coconut flour?

The texture and macro ratios would be very different. Coconut flour is much higher in carbohydrates and much lower in fat than almond meal.
Coconut Flour Nutrition Facts A ¼-cup serving (or about 30 grams) of coconut flour contains roughly: 120 calories; 16 grams carbohydrates; 6 grams protein; 4 grams fat; 10 grams fiber; 3.6 milligrams iron (20 percent DV)

I am loathe to recommend Walmart, but their Neighborhood Market stores have an excellent Keto section, almost a whole aisle in my area. They even sell big bags of cauliflower flour. I went there hoping to get lucky with a few ingredients for a recipe, wound up finding everything I needed and wanted, plus more stuff than that.

Here's a recipe that uses egg yolk and mozzarella cheese to make a low-carb pasta alternative:

2-Ingredient Low-Carb Pasta

The recipe is 1 egg yolk per 1 cup of mozzarella.

1. Separate the egg white from the egg yolk
  2. Measure and place the mozzarella in a bowl and microwave for about 2-4 min depending how much you use
  3. Mix 1 egg yolk per 1 cup of mozzarella in the bowl
  4. Wait a few minutes to let the mixture cool and harden a bit
  5. Add the mixture to a large baking pan
  6. Use a roller or parchment paper to flatten it to the size you want (don't make it to thin, it will break up when trying to make noodles)
  7. Cut into noodles and place into the refrigerator for 3+ hours or over night

This 16 oz mozzarella cheese is enough for 3 cups, so add 3 egg yolks to it.

This is a really good tasting sauce with 4g of carbs per 1/2 cup to pair with it (Rao's Marinara Sauce).

CHOCOLATE MOUSSE

I never liked the avocado chocolate mousse receipes...... and this receipe is super easy and incredibly yummo!

The link to the original receipe is above, I just don't use any salt.

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 Cup Heavy Cream
  • 1/4 Cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/4 Cup Powdered Sweetener (I use Xylitol, but I know Xylitol does not agree with a lot of people on this forum, so whatever works for you)
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract

INSTRUCTIONS
  • Whisk the cream to stiff peaks using. Add in the cocoa powder, sweetener, vanilla and salt and whisk until all ingredients are just combined. (My note: Just whisk it all together at once!! Honestly doesn't seem to make a difference)

Soooooo goooooood!

Back
Top Bottom