Jordan Peterson: Gender Pronouns and Free Speech War

When I saw this headline on FB, I really thought it was Babylon Bee šŸ˜‚

Gender Activists Say Archaeologists Should Be Stopped From Identifying Ancient Human Remains as Male or Female​

Gender activists within the field of archaeology are pushing for anthropologists to be prevented from identifying human remains as male or female because it is not known how ancients would have self-identified.

No, this isnā€™t the Babylon Bee.

Added that I saw it on FB for clarity šŸ˜‚
For goodness sake, why of why is the biological and genetic term of sex always being confounded with the grammatical rough classification of gender.

These people are university educated and they donā€™t understand basic word definitions. They do my head in šŸ¤Æ!

Yesterday I watched an interesting interview as a follow-up to the "What is a woman" documentary, that I would like to share. It is a 2019 interview on the Triggernometry channel with former British feminist (she says in the interview she no longer calls herself a feminist) and women's rights campaigner Posie Parker. It is nothing that hasn't been talked about before, but I found the female perspective and anger interesting because after watching Matt Walsh's documentary I mostly read male commentators. As there clearly is a misogynist element to current trans politics, I think it is insightful to get reports on the problems of the feminist movement with trans politics from the source. She did another interview on the same channel in 2021, which I haven't watched, yet.

Yesterday I watched an interesting interview as a follow-up to the "What is a woman" documentary, that I would like to share. It is a 2019 interview on the Triggernometry channel with former British feminist (she says in the interview she no longer calls herself a feminist) and women's rights campaigner Posie Parker. It is nothing that hasn't been talked about before, but I found the female perspective and anger interesting because after watching Matt Walsh's documentary I mostly read male commentators. As there clearly is a misogynist element to current trans politics, I think it is insightful to get reports on the problems of the feminist movement with trans politics from the source. She did another interview on the same channel in 2021, which I haven't watched, yet.

Thanks for sharing, I watched it and thought she was wonderful. At some point, she says something like, "The Green party recently referred to women as non-trans-women. F*** you!" She speaks for me. And apparently, for many others, most of the comments below the youtube video are welcoming her message and thanking her for it.

Thanks for sharing, I watched it and thought she was wonderful.

Yup, she was good - funny because one of the guys goes down the road of the Brian being male or female, which is where she rolled her eyes a wee bit.

Looking at the gender transforming issue from the POV of children and the AMERICAN COLLEGE OF PEDIATRICIANS (go ACP) position, they were embroiled in a fight with that idiotic organization the SPLC, who attacked the former for their gender position (the SPLC hide behind a mask using P for poverty, and then tries to beat down whoever they want or are told to):

Snip (SPLC):

ACPeds opposes adoption by LGBTQ couples, links homosexuality to pedophilia, endorses so-called reparative or sexual orientation conversion therapy for homosexual youth, believes transgender people have a mental illness and has called transgender health care for youth child abuse.

Snip (ACP):

The ACPeds calls attention to the science demonstrating that optimal developmental outcomes for children occur when they are reared in a home by their biological parents in a low-conflict marriage. With the rise of divorce, decline of traditional marriage, and re-definition of marriage to include any desired configuration, the well-being of children within these homes has been jeopardized, ignored and even misrepresented.

The ACPeds recognizes that many children are not reared in homes with a traditional nuclear family structure. Our members support and give care to children from all backgrounds, including single-parent, blended, and other non-traditional families while working to encourage the married mother-father family unit. While there will be exceptions, particularly in families marred by the presence of abuse, the fact remains that the family structure consisting of a married mother and father is usually in the childā€™s best interest, and should, therefore, be favored by policymakers interested in promoting the well-being of children.
The ACPeds is a pro-child, pro-science and pro-health organization. The ACPeds believes all people - especially those who are gender incongruent - have the right to know the following facts:

1. Science documents significant physical and psychological illness among youth and adults with gender incongruence, even among LGBT-affirming societies.
  2. A majority of gender incongruent youth have a history of significant and untreated mental illness that pre-date their symptoms of gender incongruence.
  3. Science demonstrates that gender incongruence is neither innate nor immutable; opposite-sexed brains cannot be ā€˜trapped in the wrong bodyā€™.
  4. Incongruent gender identities have been documented to eventually align with an individualā€™s biological sex across their lifespan -- both with and without counseling.

To add a footnote on the SPLC from the Pediatricians - yes, a little biased against SPLC (no apologies):

SPLC motivation: Profits or People?

Critics also argue that the SPLC picks its causes with the bottom line in mind, focusing more and spending more on fundraising and overhead than the causes it champions. The group clearly prioritizes putting money in its own pockets. In 2015 alone, the group spent $20 million on salaries, and $61,000 on litigation.

Not only does it spend more money on overhead and less on litigation in comparison to similar groups such as the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), the groupā€™s massive endowment of more than $450 million is more than the ACLUā€™s total assets.

ā€œWe just run our business like a business. Whether youā€™re selling cakes or causes, itā€™s all the same.ā€ ā€“ SPLC Founder Morris Dees (The New Yorker, 2019)
This massive amount of money housed in the United State is in addition to the SPLCā€™s undisclosed financial holdings in a known tax haven, the Cayman Islands. Tax experts agree that it is very uncommon for nonprofits, especially those in human rights and social services, to have foreign bank accounts with large offshore holdings.

As former employee Bob Moser wrote, ā€œ[employees] were part of the con, and knew it.ā€

While the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is a self-proclaimed organization ā€œdedicated to fighting hate and bigotry,ā€ its activities and message should make it number one of its own hate list.

For further information on the SPLC and the spread of misinformation about ACPeds and other time-tested organizations, visit www.splcexposed.com.

When I saw this headline on FB, I really thought it was Babylon Bee šŸ˜‚

Gender Activists Say Archaeologists Should Be Stopped From Identifying Ancient Human Remains as Male or Female​

Gender activists within the field of archaeology are pushing for anthropologists to be prevented from identifying human remains as male or female because it is not known how ancients would have self-identified.

No, this isnā€™t the Babylon Bee.

Added that I saw it on FB for clarity
this part is of particular interest to me:

ā€œYou might know the argument that the archaeologists who find your bones one day will assign you the same gender as you had at birth, so regardless of whether you transition, you canā€™t escape your assigned sex,ā€ complained Emma Palladino, a Canadian Masterā€™s degree candidate.
The truth is, we don't know what archaeologist a, b or c will think of gender in the future and we can't say how that will or wont desecrate our remains. Sex and gender are highly culturally specific sociohistorical categories that change and vary from place to place and backward/forward through time. the queer theory take on archaeology that we can't do honour to how ancient people viewed their sex or gender as a lived experience is hyperlogical, just as we don't know the minutia of what it meant to be a brother or a conduit of the spirit world or an immortal being, or whathaveyou. whathaveyou. The materialist argument doesn't help us understand the explicit way we see ourselves. Not when we know that future humans will have an incomplete picture (just as we, now, have an incomplete picture).

A queer lens is still useful, though, because a queer lens incorporates analytical space for this relativistic fact about culture and self-understanding.

I'd say that where this specific argument falls apart is when we say that archaeology should shift to queer our histories in ways that are concrete and objective. that's as erroneous as thr view that people in the past or future are better viewed as biologically male or female. in both cases, we're using our current cultural brush to interpret something that disappeared with the consciousness of the person. There's lots of data suggesting that a heteronormative bias erased homonormative cultural characteristics, for example. the inverse would also be true. the logic of this stands without needing any force of argument. It's a hard limit of archaeology.

this part is of particular interest to me:

The truth is, we don't know what archaeologist a, b or c will think of gender in the future and we can't say how that will or wont desecrate our remains. Sex and gender are highly culturally specific sociohistorical categories that change and vary from place to place and backward/forward through time. the queer theory take on archaeology that we can't do honour to how ancient people viewed their sex or gender as a lived experience is hyperlogical, just as we don't know the minutia of what it meant to be a brother or a conduit of the spirit world or an immortal being, or whathaveyou. whathaveyou. The materialist argument doesn't help us understand the explicit way we see ourselves. Not when we know that future humans will have an incomplete picture (just as we, now, have an incomplete picture).

A queer lens is still useful, though, because a queer lens incorporates analytical space for this relativistic fact about culture and self-understanding.
I'm sorry, what?

Matt Walsh clip of interview of trans-woman who identifies as a wolf, and teacher who says they're instructed to allow kids in school to assume their animal identities (i.e. purr vs. speak in class) :scared: A few years ago it was theorized on a forum thread that some vegetarians were so passionately protective of animals because they had barely evolved beyond their preceding 2D animal incarnations. Now it seems this phenomenon has intensified to the point of blatant psychosis.

Last edited:
The application of Critical Queer Theory, or any Critical Theory variation for that matter, to any field of science isn't for the improvement of scientific practices and deepening human understanding. It's purely political.

You strike me as what some might call a "very smart person".

I'd say that where this specific argument falls apart is when we say that archaeology should shift to queer our histories in ways that are concrete and objective. that's as erroneous as thr view that people in the past or future are better viewed as biologically male or female. in both cases, we're using our current cultural brush to interpret something that disappeared with the consciousness of the person. There's lots of data suggesting that a heteronormative bias erased homonormative cultural characteristics, for example. the inverse would also be true. the logic of this stands without needing any force of argument. It's a hard limit of archaeology.
Yep, you sure are "smart".

I get the feeling that you haven't read anything here, or if you have, you haven't understood any of it.
How is any of this useful, given the lens of hyper dimensional reality that we face?
Sorry you feel that way, Glenn. I'll set a reminder for 5 years from now and we can revisit the state of archaeology as it relates to science, culture, history and our perception of hyperdimensional reality. I approach this material as a post-structuralist skeptic. I'm aware that's not popular here.

Back
Top Bottom