Jordan Peterson: Gender Pronouns and Free Speech War

I hope this can clarify your doubts and answer the question.-
I've worked in many countries and accept the local culture as it is. My attitude is, if you don't like it then go somewhere else (referring to foreigners). I've observed expats up close and personal thus understand the stupid attitude they often take when living in a foreign country.

I found my Argentine friends some of the best I've made in all of my career. Once you are excepted into the "circle" you are family. That characteristic makes Argentina special. Never had the same friendships anywhere else like these. Going to the psychologist makes no difference to me. It was a momentary surprise which I quickly forgot.

But I have not forgotten

No one in the World (where I was) makes ice cream as good as they :-D

Then there is this place where I spent many evenings with my friends for dinner

I don't think it has the best pizza in Buenos Aires but the atmosphere is super.

Another professor in Canada had similar problems and was fired.

The above post was the only mention I found on the forum regarding Dr. Frances Widdowson.
She seems to be embroiled in a situation JP refers to as “woke mobbing”, all kinds of accusations and twisting of her comments on many different subjects.
From the article:
“A scheduled February 1, 2023 lecture at the University of Lethbridge (U of L) by highly published but controversial scholar Dr. Frances Widdowson dismissed in December 2021 from her tenured position at Calgary’s Mount Royal University [MRU] saw a late politically-motivated cancelation by its central administration on January 30 after she had already arrived in Lethbridge.”

A quote from another article:
MRU never divulged the true reason for her dismissal, but Widdowson told CTV News last year that she was terminated over the "woke culture" on campus.

"I was questioning woke-ism, woke ideas at the university, so asking questions, and this could not be tolerated by woke activists, which is basically identity politics that has become totalitarian," she said in January 2022.

"That's kind of the environment that was gradually becoming more and more poisonous."

Looks like this may be her “Hill”:
“In a Facebook post, Widdowson vowed to go on with her speech.
“You will have to haul me away by security to stop me,” she wrote.

This links to her own website, and her documentation of her “actual statements” that became twisted into accusations of “harmful speak, and butt hurt feelings”.

So, it looks like she “may” have gotten legal advice not to push this canceled lecture.
This is a screen shot of what she posted on her website this afternoon:
9B0BDBDC-830B-4749-AC8C-87A0CF80EF62.jpeg

Looks like she’s getting a bit of backup, for what it’s worth:​

“CAUT: University of Lethbridge was wrong to cancel campus talk”​

(Ottawa – January 31, 2023) The Canadian Association of University Teachers is criticizing the University of Lethbridge administration for cancelling a planned talk on campus.
In a letter issued today to the University’s President, Michael Mahon, CAUT says the talk by Dr. Frances Widdowson should have been allowed to proceed.
The decision to cancel the event “raises serious concerns about the University of Lethbridge’s commitment to freedom of expression and academic freedom,” the letter states.
CAUT notes that while many profoundly disagree with Dr. Widdowson’s views, a university should “welcome controversial speakers and vigorous debate, not seek to restrict discourse or speakers.”
CAUT is the national voice of more than 72,000 academic and professional staff at 120 colleges and universities.
[…]

Oh dear, oh dear! Jordan is stumbling from one disaster to the next. Having given full uncritical coverage to Bibi, what better way to follow that up but with a call for the US to undertake regime change in Iran! :headbash:and to those who are now calling him out on this obvious contradiction and foolery, he's berating them on Twitter as 'misogynists' and 'supporters of tyranny'! Nothing like a bit of ad hominem attack Jordan? Didn't you used to have a thing or two to say about that when it came in your direction? Oh dear, oh dear, oh blimey!

Paul Joseph Watson points a few home truths out...

Oh dear, oh dear! Jordan is stumbling from one disaster to the next.

I really don't understand how someone who is supposed to be an expert in psychology can't see his own contradiction. A few days ago he published his intention to create what would be an alternative to the WEF.

Does JP know that in the geopolitical game Israel is a central part of the WEF agendas? (Well, I don't really know if Israel is a central part, but I do understand that Israel is an important player.)

Even now that we know that he has immersed himself in the reading of political ponerology, is he not learning to see things? With that in mind the state of Israel also qualifies as tyrannical if we measure with the yardstick of ponerology.

I think JP is still unable to see the big picture. He cannot see the last 200 years of history of how the West got to this point. For example, I remember the interview with Matthew Ehret in Mind Matters and how he explains that Darwinism and Malthusianism took over the world. When you see that, you realize that the WEF proposals are the inheritance of that thinking that was born in the WEST.

So JP does not realize that the values that he claims to defend are infected by this materialism that has amalgamated in the academy, in society to the point of not being able to distinguish which are the values that really elevate and which are those that lead you to the abyss.

The difference is that now the materialistic lunatics who have been meddling in academia for years have completely slipped out of their straitjackets and it is all too obvious. It is impossible to miss their madness and people like JP will finally notice that the king is naked. But they will only have seen a portion of that nudity...

I really don't understand how someone who is supposed to be an expert in psychology can't see his own contradiction. A few days ago he published his intention to create what would be an alternative to the WEF.

It seems that the Cs were onto something with their comment that JP is too emotional at the moment. It's like, he sees some pictures of women suffering in Iran or whatever and people claiming it's bad, and goes all "waahh!" instead of stopping for a second and thinking rationally. Also, being in line with the neocons in his surrounding might give some additional emotional relief. In any event, someone with such a platform and influence really should be careful to not just react emotionally.

I think there is also a little more than just over-reaction. He could have talked about reforms, changes in legislation, but he went all the way to "regime change". He wasn't born yesterday and he knows what "regime change" meant and means with regards to Iraq, Libya, Syria, etc. unless he was living under a rock in academia for the last decades. Beyond emotions, he also should know better.

Just got through listening to the JR podcast with JBP. I’d say 90% of what JBP said was really good but the rest was doubtable IMO. He kept referring to the Exodus story as the greatest thing ever, and even if he probably knows that the Bible isn’t a historical chronicle, he still talks about it like some kind of ‘go to’ source with great authority. Then there was stuff about Jahwe that I really didn’t get what he was trying to say, maybe I just didnt understand him.

The most concerning thing imo was that even if he talked about R. Hare and psychopaths, he didnt include that whole and huge problem in his plans for his newly founded group. I’m not that sure that he has actually read PP in its entirety, at the very least he sure hasn’t understood the essence of it. Without taking psychopaths and schizoids into the equation, I’d say his group is doomed from the start. Good luck with that!

And then there was of course the mandatory ‘praising’ of psychedelics.

Now seeing the recemt posts by you guys above really makes me wonder what’s going on with JBP.

A timely conversation on the JP issue between the Duran and Robert Barnes. He raises the specter of Peterson being used to help prep the conservative sector with a coming war with Iran (hence first a chat with Bibi). Long and wide ranging discussion but first 30 mins or so touches on JP's relationship with the Wire and the issue of clauses in contracts designed to suppress certain conversations and elevate others. Gatekeeping on speed.

I’m not that sure that he has actually read PP in its entirety, at the very least he sure hasn’t understood the essence of it.

I keep flip-flopping on this. When I heard him early in the Rogan podcast talking about elders, I thought he must have read the whole book. But then he mentioned elders again later in the podcast, but in the context of Exodus. So maybe he got the idea from there?

But then he did also use a lot of terms throughout like ‘psychopathy’, ‘pathological’ etc., which for a three hour talk, is about the most I’ve ever heard him repeat such terms, and I’ve watched a lot of his talks in the past.

It may be that he only read some of the book. Or, it may be that he read it all and just ‘can’t go there’ - a subconscious selection and substitution of data, as Lobaczewski said.

A timely conversation on the JP issue between the Duran and Robert Barnes. He raises the specter of Peterson being used to help prep the conservative sector with a coming war with Iran (hence first a chat with Bibi). Long and wide ranging discussion but first 30 mins or so touches on JP's relationship with the Wire and the issue of clauses in contracts designed to suppress certain conversations and elevate others. Gatekeeping on speed.

They really point out what we’ve all been saying here on the forum. That it’s kind of mind boggling that someone so sensible and intelligent could get other things so wrong. They ask how could someone who has been so attacked by the media continue to get his information from that same media.

I do wish he would stay in his own lane so as to not tarnish his reputation as a great thinker, and by association the important and helpful ideas he presents. But on the other hand, I think it’s important in the grand scheme that his flaws are laid bare, both for his own long-term development and lesson plans, and for people who follow his work.

It's clear JP is in many ways a very clever man, but I don't think we should underestimate just how dense and difficult a read is Political Ponerology. That was my experience of reading it, anyway, and I had been primed in a sense by discussion of the subject beforehand. In fact, if I had picked up and read this book without the supporting context of a network (especially one consisting of people who had already read and dissected this material) I think some of the crucial points would have passed me by. It all comes back to the same point that has been mentioned many times here - JP is lost without a high quality network, he can't piece it together alone. It's not just intellectually, he needs to understand how he is holding on to emotional beliefs about humanity which just aren't supported by evidence.

Meanwhile, Peterson said on the recent Rogan appearance that he appreciates the Daily Wire crowd because they 'help him, but leave him the hell alone.' He can't yet see the subtle control involved in 'help'.

Back
Top Bottom