Jordan Peterson: Gender Pronouns and Free Speech War

I meant to put this here a week ago...found it this morning, while going through some files.

The Peterson Family posted this Picture Christmas day, and wished Merry Christmas to All.
I think the posing of this photo is very interesting, in a Classic pose sorta way.
Perhaps it is because no one is looking directly at the camera, but I know this Family doesn't do random.
1609442892054.png

Just FYI Jordan Peterson is offering 50% off on his Self Authoring program:

You can use the code FA2021 to take advantage of the discount:

I'm not affiliated in any way but I've found that program to be very helpful. I signed up for it 3 years ago (Winter 2017 - Spring 2018) and I worked through the Present authoring (Faults and Virtues) and Future authoring modules. I've been reviewing what I wrote and working on the Past authoring module in the past couple of weeks and I found that I accomplished most of the goals I set for myself. I can't recommend it enough, especially if you are at a crossroads in your life, feeling overwhelmed or lost, unsure of what you want to do next or if you need help to plan out a path to your goals.

The Jordan B. Peterson Podcast - Season 4 Episode 1: Matthew McConaughey

Jan 10, 2021 The Jordan B. Peterson
Matthew McConaughey (actor, producer, and best-selling author of Greenlights) sits down with Jordan B. Peterson to talk about Matthew’s new book, his upbringing, his relationships with his mother and father, his journey to being at peace with his fame, what it’s like to play malevolent or dark characters in movies or on television, and a surprising satirical review of Greenlights. Find Matthew McConaughey on Twitter @McConaughey and on Instagram @officiallymcconaughey and basically anywhere. Check out his new book Greenlights, which has sold more than 1 million copies, available at https://www.amazon.com/Greenlights-Ma...

^^Great discussion. I laughed out loud at the end when McConaughey read out the short review he imagined Peterson would give his book (back when he was still writing it and took some time to 'step outside himself' and imagine different audiences' responses)! McConaughey laughed as he finished saying it, but Peterson, deadpan, said: 'That is pretty close to what I thought.' :lol:

^^Great discussion. I laughed out loud at the end when McConaughey read out the short review he imagined Peterson would give his book (back when he was still writing it and took some time to 'step outside himself' and imagine different audiences' responses)! McConaughey laughed as he finished saying it, but Peterson, deadpan, said: 'That is pretty close to what I thought.' :lol:
😠Daily Beast publishes this hit piece suggesting Matthew McConaughey has been associating with the lat-right. Their cited examples beside JP are Joe Rogan, Ben Shapiro

The good doctor knows full well that leftist/ideological extremism can lead to totalitarianism. But, like most, he is unaware of who - or rather, what structures - actually runs the USA. We are all blinded by the hindsight of history. And thus, a key tool for the individual to successfully navigate this realm is knowledge of ponerology - specifically the recurrence and reemergence of pathocratic regimes no matter the ideological cloak.

I love the guy to death, but he’s got some huge blind spots. It’s his academic bias coming through, I’d say. Just saw him retweeting some anti-Putin crap, he trusts vaccines, too. He’s a great example of how even though we think things should be obvious by now, most people, even the brightest people out there, simply can’t get it.

I love the guy to death, but he’s got some huge blind spots. It’s his academic bias coming through, I’d say. Just saw him retweeting some anti-Putin crap, he trusts vaccines, too. He’s a great example of how even though we think things should be obvious by now, most people, even the brightest people out there, simply can’t get it.
This was my thought also, I'm so sorry for he is unable to see the whole picture. But hey, all there is are lessons for everyone of us. :whistle:

He seems to lose the thread sometimes when it comes to science. We all have our blind spots and it seems like he tends to miss how often what we pass of as science these days is more like ideologically tinted scientism. Apart from the COVID response. as I recall he is supportive of the mainstream global warming narrative as well.

Since my comments are about Jordan Peterson, I moved my reply to this thread, from here. Biden-Harris Administration: The Empire Strikes Back

@Woodsman when your wrote this about Jordan Peterson, I thought I would share a couple anecdotal memories with you, for what its worth.
When I read that, I hear his voice in my mind's ear with all his Kermity intonations and annoyance at the edges.

How that man is practiced at not cursing (or reacting to insult) is heroic and inspirational. I bet he was a foul-mouthed young man!

He spent most of his childhood and early teen years in the same small, northern Alberta town that I lived in.

As you will hear him describe in the video/pod cast, that town in Northern Alberta is a harsh, and isolated place.

At the time that we all were living there, in the mid to late 1970's, the majority of the population were hardened and harsh.
Mostly 1st and 2nd generation Farming families, immigrants and "pioneers" from Europe, Germany, Russia, and the UK, think post "war of 1917" survivors, as well as many came from the US, dirt poor Settlers that had left the States during the 1930's, during"The Great Depression".

The oilfields were booming, so there were a lot of Transient oil field workers in the town as well.
Those people living in and around that town, were, and, I might add, many still ARE very narrowly focused on basic life survival issues, bigoted, crude and crass, in my experience and opinion.
They worked hard, and partied harder.

So, you were wondering if Jordan Peterson swore as a young man?
How much do you "want to bet?" LOL!
This is from a previous post I made:
I remember spending a bit of time with him, was when he was working at the local Grocery store.
Jordan worked there as grocery packer after school.
He was always pleasant, shy, but mannerly and nice.

It was late afternoon in January, a very cold and snowy winter day, I was VERY pregnant with my 2nd,(due in March) and I was transporting my 2 year old son on a pull snow sled.
After I paid for my groceries, Jordan carried the two bags of groceries out to the sled, and after asking me how far I was going, he insisted that he pull the sled with my 2 year old son and the groceries through the snow to my home.

He made sure we got in the house, carried the groceries in, and leaned the sled up against the wall, by the door.

This JP guy, even in his mid teens, like about 14 or 15, I think, was very observant, kind and chivalrous.

Several of my cousins, and close family friends went through school years with him, and were in the same high school classrooms with Jordan.
He is remembered as a studious, introverted, polite and shy young man, who indeed, partied with the "gang" but was nobody remembers him as being a "Foul Mouth Swearer" at all.
But, reflect on what kind of people he was hanging out with, as I described above.
They swore all the time, so would they even remember? LOL!
So, I think your bet would be a toss up on whether he cussed bad, or not.

Never in my presence, that's all I know, for sure.

Here is his video pod cast I mentioned:

Back
Top Bottom