Joining the private FOTCM Board

Well, I have filled out the application form and shall toddle off to my local Post Office tomorrow to get it sent off. I don't have a scanner so shall just have to wait for access to the private board, assuming I am accepted :shock: . Hopefully, I shall not encounter the officious little hitler I had to deal with the last time I went there. I shall just have to gird my loins and remember the C's counsel in the latest session with regard to strategic enclosure and not make myself a target. After dragging my heels over doing this for so long I am really excited now 🤞.

May I ask if my application has been received? I sent this three weeks ago and have not heard anything yet. I have no wish to rush anyone as I understand that these things take time but just wish to know if you got it okay.

May I ask if my application has been received? I sent this three weeks ago and have not heard anything yet. I have no wish to rush anyone as I understand that these things take time but just wish to know if you got it okay.

We received it, Matthew, but still haven't had a chance to process it. You'll here back from us soon, promised! :thup:

I'm seeking advice on joining FOTCM.

I can't help but notice that many forum members are actually flocking to attain membership.

I understand that joining would not be just an emotional decision, though.

Here's an excerpt from paleochristianity.org

Our doors are open to newcomers to our monastic life. However, it is not a decision to be taken lightly. Potential members of our order need to have thought deeply about this choice, and the order’s council must exercise careful discernment about any new candidates. This section will briefly describe the path a potential brother or sister must walk in order to be considered and eventually accepted as a permanent member of one of our communities.

Prospective Candidates are welcomed from any social background, nationality, race, religious background, sexual orientation, and state of health. Typically, a Candidate will have visited one of our other communities over a period of time (months or years, for a duration of days, weeks, or months) to get to know the members of the community, its daily life, and its common values. If interest in becoming a Candidate is expressed, the brothers and sisters will have a frank discussion with the potential Candidate about the potential challenges – and joys – such a life can bring, as well as what sort of behaviour is acceptable and what is not.

To my understanding people who are joining FOTCM would seek to become permanent members of a regional community. Being a candidate seems to require progress made on your way. A permanent member would not have to
face up to the challenges of a candidate.

I could not find a description of "monastic life" so far.

How do members get along with their monastic lives? What challenges would that include?

I'm seeking advice on joining FOTCM.

I can't help but notice that many forum members are actually flocking to attain membership.

I understand that joining would not be just an emotional decision, though.

Here's an excerpt from paleochristianity.org

To my understanding people who are joining FOTCM would seek to become permanent members of a regional community. Being a candidate seems to require progress made on your way. A permanent member would not have to
face up to the challenges of a candidate.

I could not find a description of "monastic life" so far.

How do members get along with their monastic lives? What challenges would that include?

I may be wrong but I think that you are conflating the joining of the FOTCM which gives full access to that part of this Forum with the joining of one of the various FOTCM bases e.g the chateau where the individual would live long term. Obviously there is a great difference in commitment between the two. I have applied to join the FOTCM and did not do so lightly and only did so after being here for several years (as a lurker and then a forum member) and felt that I was 'ready' for it but I could not apply to be a resident in one of the FOTCM bases even if I like the idea of it because I have never met Laura or anyone here in person and/or been to the chateau, for example. That would be a huge lifestyle change and it might not suit me or I might not suit them. As I understand it there should be no impediment to you applying for FOTCM membership which would give you access to that part of the Forum as long as you feel that you are aligned with the group's values and the group feel that you are too. Does that make sense?

Also, Laura did encourage the general Forum membership to apply for FOTCM membership some months ago given the way the world is going. Not least in part because it may become difficult for us all to keep in touch soon because the internet is being increasingly locked down by authoritarians who are 'cancelling' those who commit wrong think. Applying for FOTCM membership requires the submission of a form including real name and address so that offers some way for the group to contact us if this Forum is removed from the internet. I was thinking about this today funnily enough. I expect that if this does happen there shall be an 'underground' internet that many people will go to. There is one now of course but from what I understand it is generally used by criminals and paedos and rebellious teenagers. Fun times!

So I would say apply to join if you are inclined to do so.

I may be wrong but I think that you are conflating the joining of the FOTCM which gives full access to that part of this Forum with the joining of one of the various FOTCM bases e.g the chateau where the individual would live long term.

That's correct. The excerpt Ursus Minor quoted was taken from the "How to Become a Brother or Sister of the Fellowship" page under the "Communities" tab of the FOTCM website. A brother or sister of the Fellowship is someone who lives in a community, so that section is about joining and being part of a community specifically. We have members of the church all across the globe :-)

I may be wrong but I think that you are conflating the joining of the FOTCM which gives full access to that part of this Forum with the joining of one of the various FOTCM bases e.g the chateau where the individual would live long term.

Just for clarification, access to the private board is not automatically granted when joining FOTCM. It is decided on a case by case basis, dependent on the member's participation and level of sharing/networking.

Dear forum users:

Some time ago I thought about joining the private forum. Since then I had not paid much attention to it, until now that all these changes are happening in an accelerated way. Both because of what is happening in the outside world, and what is happening in the inside world.

Yesterday I finally thought I could take a more active role. From the different threads in which I participate I felt the urge to help even more. I even thought about offering my help directly in what is within the range of my abilities.

I know that I don't have a full college degree, and that I don't have years of experience in a particular area, but I still give my support.

I have to be more honest. The truth is that I'm actually quite helpless in terms of living where I consider I don't have collinearity and that I have the urge to look for people who do. Even though life in my family is quiet and quite "normal" lately I'm finding an insurmountable wall. There are days that it seems that finally that wall is broken, but that instantly rises again, preventing more light (knowledge) from entering. I can notice how subtle the emotional bias of my relatives is when some truths are exposed. Emotional biases, political biases etc... (I simply find it difficult to argue... your own sister or brother understands that there are no truths, which you ask him/her: Is everything relative? They answer YES. Then you ask: Postmodernism? And the next answer they give you is: No! because you assign me an ism when I don't belong to one. -) I live in a situation where I can't find a way out of this evil game of conflicting rhetoric, and I don't want to participate in it anymore because there is nothing to do. When you feel like a stranger in your own family, what do you have to do?

What can I do when - using the same terms you already know - you are already aware of the theological reality, and that even when your relatives hear what you say, it only seems to go in one ear and out the other?

What do you do when for your family touching on the subject of higher realities and all that it entails in the background for them works as mere burlesque entertainment?

Just take the image that I present to you as a description: You are bored, you have seen enough fear and anguish of the MSM and you go to youtube and watch a few conspiracy channels and UFOs but that is just to entertain yourself and only ask superficial questions that you end up forgetting in less than thirty minutes...

And for me it's the opposite. It's VERY A SERIOUS THING! because it really affects us!

The obvious answer is: GET OUT OF HERE. Where to? I don't have a thing. I don't like this sounding like a whimper. But I think it's time for me to make a serious decision. However, if possible, I ask for your guidance.

I want to be with you, with the group.

Hi Bluegazer, from your post i gather that you feel you are at some sort of crossroads; either you stay with your family or you venture out on your own, looking for like minded individuals to live with or at least be with. Also you describe yourself as quite helpless in your present living situation and that you don't have a thing. From your post i gather that you sometimes discuss topics such as we discuss on the forum but you feel your family members are not open to seeing things the way you see them. You feel like a stranger in your own family.

First of all, i know some forum members shared on the Corona virus thread, myself included, that our family members, be they spouses (in my case), children, parents, do not share our opinions as to where this world is going and who and what is behind it. And some are just not ready to hear the truth. I guess we have found ways to still be in a loving, respectful and amicable home situation, i know i have, by clearly stating this is what i think based on this and this and this and you are free to do whatever you want with that information. All roads lead to Rome in the end and i get to practice strategic enclosure, external and internal considering and learning to be fearless. Also fine, each learns at their own pace and i do not get to say one must think and believe like this or that and we are all there at exactly the point we are because we must be. All there is is lessons after all. I am very grateful! This is my path and for me it is the right one.

So keeping those things in my mind, here's what i think. If you haven't done so already, i highly recommend reading the 'Descriptions of the Afterlife'-thread as it offers a wealth of information that can be used for inspiration in just about any situation one finds oneself in. I think it might be used as a mirror and a tool of self-examination and reflection and teach how what we do is beneficial or not in any situation. I do think at some level you chose to be born into that family to work out karmic issues and other understandings and the choices you made along the way resulted in you still living with them as an adult. Okay, so my question would be have you worked out all there is to work out with all of them? Are all issues that you can learn from and that you can teach really covered? In my experience family, because we are so close and we obviously have things to work out, offers a wealth of learning points and information, we can learn from everyone and i found that after reading the forum lit on narcissicism, psychopathy, biology, thinking errors, Martha Stout's books and Healing Developmental Trauma, lots of things began to fall into place about how and why people act the way they do and you can see firsthand the power of emotions and manipulations at work and how people deal with them. Of course it all applies to yourself as well. Then you realize how little one really knows and how much Work needs to be done (and reading)...
... principle seems to be that Cosmic Mind/Information Field is not mocked: what you sow, you WILL reap, one way or another, no matter at what level of existence you may be.

So that one always sticks in my mind. Examining each choice to see if the actions/words/thoughts stem from love. Or at least doing my best to do that. And an issue to examine could be where this feeling of helplessness in your (living) situation comes from, what was your contribution to that? In what sense do you 'not have a thing'? Is that only in material sense? What are your skills? What can you conceive of to use the skills you have to make some money and be more independent? And what did you contribute to the family situation, what is your part in the dynamic? Why do you feel like a stranger? Because they have a different mind set?

From the session of 16 October 1994:

A: Why are you searching for guidance where it is not needed?

Q: (L) In other words, if we just do each day what naturally comes to us as the best choice in each moment, we are on the right track?

A: Precisely.

I think the easiest thing always is to just walk away, but the challenge lies in staying and examining and working out if really all lessons you can think of with all knowledge you gained through the years have been learned before you part ways. That could mean looking deep inside yourself with a critical eye and taking note of how much of The Work at this stage still needs to be done. What have you done yourself to make the situation better? To do what comes naturally to one, i think we must listen closely to our conscience. For me, EE and meditation helped a lot with developing that. And one of the wisdoms i picked up from the Afterlife thread is that we must have patience with our fellow humans. (Very handy to keep in the back of my head when i see old people on the golfcourse wearing facemasks!!)

There's also this:

No time like the present to examine oneself, one's deeds, who one has hurt out of selfishness or self-centeredness (some hurt can't be avoided), and to take measures, if such are possible, to confess and make amends. It only takes a few lies, a few mean acts, an overarching selfishness, to subtract serious points and start one on the road to serious suffering either now, or in the next world, or both.

In a very real sense, God is watching us.
So i think the true challenge here might be to work out what needs to be done inside of you to make an informed choice of where you will live and with whom (or alone) and why. In these volatile times it might also be good to keep in mind that this time round we are not here to survive for ourselves but to survive to help others, as someone from Ceasarea on the reading workshop shared a few weeks ago. That stuck in my mind.

My two cents and i hope it helps a little bit Bluegazer, i wish you all the best :flowers:

Hi Bluegazer, from your post i gather that you feel you are at some sort of crossroads;

That's how I feel. The truth? I was thinking of joining the private forum so I could open up more. There's a lot of things in my life that I want to tell about but with the right people. In it I can find out what's going on with me, why, and know what path I'm taking. Where to start? I would need to write a biography...not a book but maybe several pages.

First of all, i know some forum members shared on the Corona virus thread, myself included, that our family members, be they spouses (in my case), children, parents, do not share our opinions as to where this world is going and who and what is behind it. And some are just not ready to hear the truth.

It's like you say. Apply strategic enclosure, external and internal considering. It's not easy, I know.

So keeping those things in my mind, here's what i think. If you haven't done so already, i highly recommend reading the 'Descriptions of the Afterlife'-thread as it offers a wealth of information that can be used for inspiration in just about any situation one finds oneself in.

I will. There are things that are definitely linked to some events in my life. For that reason I also wanted to join the private forum...and others I want to tell you about so that you can determine if the things that happen to me are a bad move of a malfunctioning brain or really the effects of the hyperdimensional.

So that one always sticks in my mind. Examining each choice to see if the actions/words/thoughts stem from love. Or at least doing my best to do that. And an issue to examine could be where this feeling of helplessness in your (living) situation comes from, what was your contribution to that? In what sense do you 'not have a thing'? Is that only in material sense? What are your skills? What can you conceive of to use the skills you have to make some money and be more independent? And what did you contribute to the family situation, what is your part in the dynamic? Why do you feel like a stranger? Because they have a different mind set?

As for the material, yes. That weighs heavily on me. And whenever I have told my family that if they need anything, (from the little I can get from my freelance jobs - the economy I manage is actually very informal, they are not jobs that you pay taxes on because I can't even afford them. The tax system here is somewhat complicated) is not required or requested of me. Not despised but sometimes I feel it's not enough. The explanation is a little incomplete, that's why I see the need to explain things in more detail, so I know where my mistake is...

And I definitely feel like an outsider now because... well, whatever I say, I feel the distance is slowly getting bigger. It just happens. Again, I need to explain it in detail.

A: Why are you searching for guidance where it is not needed?

Q: (L) In other words, if we just do each day what naturally comes to us as the best choice in each moment, we are on the right track?

A: Precisely.
I think the easiest thing always is to just walk away, but the challenge lies in staying and examining and working out if really all lessons you can think of with all knowledge you gained through the years have been learned before you part ways.

I hope that's it. It would leave me more comfortable knowing that I'm still learning things that need to be learned first. After reading a lot of Laura's work, the information she provides and the clues she offers about one's condition, i.e. the symptoms, makes me think that maybe I... but I don't dare to make such a statement because I am terrified of falling into wishful thinking or producing ego hooks.

So i think the true challenge here might be to work out what needs to be done inside of you to make an informed choice of where you will live and with whom (or alone) and why.

I guess that's the million dollar question, as far as my life is concerned. You talk about making an informed choice. A few years ago I wrote a scifi story related to my project: The character tells the protagonist:

Arriving at the doors of the apartment M*** stopped and said: Nobody can understand exactly what "happens" in the world with all its tragedies and suffering, unless they have a clear idea that they are part of a "living machine" that was NOT built for the purpose of benefiting the individual. However, it is the level of "Being" that attracts everyone to the life he has, and a man can be under both the "Law of Accident" and the "Law of his Fate". But what each one attracts in his present life is always part of a choice whether it is informed or not.

The accident is really an illusion if we understand that what happens to an individual is mostly due to his ignorance. Fire burns a man's hands like those of a child. The one who knows the fire knows what he is capable of and uses it responsibly. So it is difficult for an accident to happen. And lastly with regard to destiny, all things have a destiny. The destiny of the tree is to BE a tree, now how that tree grows, which direction it takes is something else.

The destiny of man concretely is to BE or NOT to BE. The accident is the manifestation of unconscious, uninformed and ignorant choices. A choice based on ignorance puts us in the vicinity of non-being. One must choose well.

After that last conversation at the apartment door, several years passed in this world. Years that I witnessed the conglomerate's plans accelerating more and more. As M*** would later reveal to me, something else was going on that involved bigger things than just taking over and conquering a world.

Thanks for the answers.

Yeah. That's right. I'd forgotten. I guess if I can articulate things correctly and not misinterpret them (my mother tongue is Spanish and although I know English I still use translators to express things correctly) Thank You.

Pleasure :-) .

Back
Top Bottom