Joining the private FOTCM Board

Lilou said:
[quote author= Fluffy]

Although the censorship is very disturbing and negative I'm trying to look at positive consequences of that act, and here so many of us now are inspired to look deeper, work harder, participate more, think bigger etc so we can grow to fit into the FOTCM group. We are fighting back, they (ptb) can take everything away but we won't give up!

Exactly! It may be the inspiration for many to join. So long as it is for the right reason and they are sincere about Working on themselves and toward a common Aim, it is a positive. Glad to hear you joined FOTCM, Fluffy. :)
[/quote]

It's great that you battled through that and joined, Fluffy. Everyone has something to offer, though the predator will try to convince you otherwise. Onward and upward :)

I'm one of them board lurkers and had thought to myself "what a bummer!" when realizing the transcripts were being moved to FOTCM's private board. Even though I'm a member I knew I have to work hard from now to earn access. I agree with Lilou, it certainly encouraged me to really start committing, I've put off posting my own diet and health progress since going primal in 2012. ;) Laziness, fear of being ridiculed and worst, ditractions - often to self-regulate emotional states, are partly to blame.

Thanks for the heads up. :-[

Renaissance said:
If you're still not sure there's no harm in just participating until you do know one way or another. In terms of the basic elements involved, I don't think the private board is all that different from the public one. The same tools are explored (networking, research, work on the self, seeing the world, etc.), but there's a stronger focus since those involved have chosen to make a commitment to these things.
After giving it more thoughts I decided to wait with application for now.
There is a lot of interesting material for me in public area to explore and books to read. I think I could focus on that a bit more.
I did put too much attention to sessions forum just lurking for most part while neglecting other stuff.
Thank you.

Renaissance said:
As I was reading some of the replies about people's hesitations about joining Fotcm, I found the reasons more encouraging than discouraging. I had thought that most of those who haven't joined Fotcm already simply didn't want to. But from what many have said in the other thread is that it's not so much about not wanting it, but that people think they're not good enough in some way, not being in the right place, afraid of making noise, etc. I found this 'good' because all those things are overcomable, and often self imposed boundaries. We're our worst critics, and usually inaccurate self critics at that.

I completely agree Renaissance, I have wanted to join for a while now and always made excuses not too - not being good enough in whatever way or not participating enough... even being afraid of being rejected to be honest.

Now this has happened, I think it is the perfect kick up the bottom that I needed to actually participate and give back rather than just take and lurk on here. But even when I think about joining FOTCM, an inner voice says "But what if they think you are only joining to gain access to the transcripts? You cant join yet". There are many obstacles ahead, but I choose to be part of this community and contribute, and to strengthen the tribal unit so therefore I have decided I am going to fill out the form today.

Fluffy said:
Mr. Premise said:
It's really simple. The first step is to join FOTCM.

So instead of feeling worthless I stood up to that part of me who is never going to be good enough for anything while I keep letting that program run and said 'I am worthy of being part of FOTCM' and I meant it, all past thoughts and feelings aside, I truly mean it. I sent my application an hour ago.

I hesitated only for a second when the word 'commitment ' tried to freak me out. Only for a second through because I know that this is exactly the shove I needed to make the commitment to the work.

Although the censorship is very disturbing and negative I'm trying to look at positive consequences of that act, and here so many of us now are inspired to look deeper, work harder, participate more, think bigger etc so we can grow to fit into the FOTCM group. We are fighting back, they (ptb) can take everything away but we won't give up!

Now that's what I'm talking about!!! :headbanger: :thup:

I'm not sure what I have to offer either. But driving home from work last night I had an image of Hansel and Gretel in the forest and the trail of bread crumbs has run out. I know I need the guidance to keep healthy and learn the Fourth Way. I have no teacher. The forum helps me sort out a course of thought and actiion in my life. I'm sure this is what it takes to get more involved and to be an active participant. I welcome the prospect and the challenge.

Edit: Fixed quotes

I'm so excited! I hadn't given thought to joining the FOTCM before. Just started reading the principles section. More to learn that I feel driven to want to explore. My biggest drawback for not participating has been that my computer skills LACK. i'm ready to not let that excuse hold me back any longer.

Keyhole said:
Now this has happened, I think it is the perfect kick up the bottom that I needed to actually participate and give back rather than just take and lurk on here. But even when I think about joining FOTCM, an inner voice says "But what if they think you are only joining to gain access to the transcripts? You cant join yet". There are many obstacles ahead, but I choose to be part of this community and contribute, and to strengthen the tribal unit so therefore I have decided I am going to fill out the form today.

Awesome! Glad you decided to do it. :thup: One thing we all need to remember (especially when we have this little "inner considering" voice) that there is nothing wrong with a bit of shock to the system to finally put it on the needed direction. Because that what it was - a shock. And some felt angry or disappointed, but some felt sad as if something important was lost. Well, it is important, and I wouldn't want to lose it either.

Sessions are only small part of it, but maybe unless one works on developing a stronger connection and bond with the network, the sessions act as a sort of Ariadne's thread. Well, then, now you have an opportunity to make even deeper connection and commitment. So what if the initial intention is "selfish", what you do with the choice from now on is what matters.

Hello Everyone:

I have printed and signed my form and it is already in the mail, hopefully I get accepted... it is kind of like going to high school, just waiting to get admitted
also just in case I don't get accepted for any reason, I would like to know if any of those transcripts are going to be published in a book?... I just ordered a copy of the ones from 1994 volume 1.
at least i will have something to read and get more knowledge.

thank you for your comments. :)

Keyhole said:
Renaissance said:
As I was reading some of the replies about people's hesitations about joining Fotcm, I found the reasons more encouraging than discouraging. I had thought that most of those who haven't joined Fotcm already simply didn't want to. But from what many have said in the other thread is that it's not so much about not wanting it, but that people think they're not good enough in some way, not being in the right place, afraid of making noise, etc. I found this 'good' because all those things are overcomable, and often self imposed boundaries. We're our worst critics, and usually inaccurate self critics at that.

I completely agree Renaissance, I have wanted to join for a while now and always made excuses not too - not being good enough in whatever way or not participating enough... even being afraid of being rejected to be honest.

The responses to this thread and others have been helpful for shining the light on my own internal resistance/programs for avoiding joining FOTCM. For me I think it's mostly centered around a fear of commitment. In life I've always had an issue with committing to something and following it through to the end. Though that's not to say I fail *every* time-- I'm clearly capable of committing. I'm just very "hit and miss" but I know it demonstrates an overall lack.

Going hand-in-hand with commitment is the fear of being trapped. This one goes way back to childhood (doesn't most things? ;) ) Imagine being a young child having to endure years of a custody battle over you. Not really understanding why this was happening and with no ability to affect a positive outcome. In a word, trapped. Trapped by the two people you love most and who love you. Ultimately feeling betrayed. The thing you learn slowly through trial and error is the only thing you have control over is yourself. And since you have no teacher, or guide, some of this self control manifests negatively-- mostly as a suppressed and damaged emotional center.

So I've basically avoided committing to anything that might remotely make me feel trapped. Pretty predictable! :-[

Would I be "trapped" joining FOTCM? What am I afraid of? I was around QFG at the time FOTCM was created and understand it's aim. I've been around long enough I trust the group, or at least the group's methods and goals. There's also a level of respect that I don't want to waste the groups time if I jump in and then get cold feet. This is one of the reasons I completely dropped out of sight for the last 5 years. I kept on reading SOTT to try staying awake, occasionally reading the forums but not posting. This fear has basically got me nowhere and I've wasted precious time.

I'd like to say I do feel encouraged by all of you. I'm no longer shoving the above issues under the rug... I'm at least looking right at them and facing them by posting about it.

Oh, and a question about the FOTCM application form: does it send your response back to HQ in the clear or does it encrypt it?

I feel like this was a big step for me, I just mailed my application form in today and I`m very excited to have a chance to join this community! I will try contribute to this group to the best of my abilities! :D

Welcome aboard, notsyew. :) Since this is your first post on the forum, we kindly ask that you make an introduction post in the Newbie's Section telling us how you found the forum and if you've read any of the materials we talk about here. Thanks! :welcome:

Lilou said:
Welcome aboard, notsyew. :) Since this is your first post on the forum, we kindly ask that you make an introduction post in the Newbie's Section telling us how you found the forum and if you've read any of the materials we talk about here. Thanks! :welcome:
Will do!

Question asker said:
Menrva said:
Question asker said:
So if you have been reading this material for 8 years or more and have read all of Laura's books multiple times you still don't have access to the transcripts without being approved. And, approval depends on how many posts you have made or the content of these post? I am confused. This work has been invaluable to me and the people with whom I have shared it. It has changed every aspect of my life and continues to do so. I feel like I have lost a dear friend and mentor. Just because I don't post on the forum threads I can no longer read the transcripts. It is a very very sad day indeed. :huh:

Hi Question asker and welcome aboard,

A lot of people feel that way about the sessions. It is sad that the world has become a place where they would be have to be made private. It was NOT an easy decision. As it has already been mentioned, moving the sessions to a private section of the forum was for the protection of the whole group.

Have you read this thread on access to the FOTCM? It's not so insurmountable. :)

Also, when you have a chance, would you introduce yourself in the newbies thread? Welcome again!

I posted in the newbie thread many many moons ago. But I guess I will reintroduce myself.
Whatever it takes!
I understand why the transcripts had to moved to a private forum and that you all need to be protected so that you can continue the work. It just baffles me that all of this upheaval about freedom of speech in France and now you all have been attacked yet again. For what? Exercising your rights. Just unbelievable. Bizarro world indeed.

Hi Question Asker,

I ,just like you have been following Laura's work for a long time - in fact since 2001. I have nearly all of her books and the work that she and the team have been doing over the years has been an absolute life changer for me. I too haven't posted much on the forums . I guess the time has now come for all of us to make a concerted effort to keep the Work alive and by that I mean that we all need to contribute to the community - we must all play our part. Even those of us who don't post very often - it's time to roll up your sleeves - there's work to be done!!!!!

Quinault said:
Keyhole said:
Renaissance said:

The responses to this thread and others have been helpful for shining the light on my own internal resistance/programs for avoiding joining FOTCM. For me I think it's mostly centered around a fear of commitment. In life I've always had an issue with committing to something and following it through to the end. Though that's not to say I fail *every* time-- I'm clearly capable of committing. I'm just very "hit and miss" but I know it demonstrates an overall lack.

The posts/responses about this topic have been encouraging and helpful to read here as well. There have been a few instances within the past year, where I have started to fill out the FOTCM form, even getting close to completing it but then end up not doing so, for one reason or another (likely due to fear). Wonder how much it may be due to a fear of commitment, like you stated Quinault. Anyway, now to stop editing this post and get the form ready to mail in.

It seems to me that there is a lot of confusion regarding FOTCM. Let me clarify some things just in case:

- Joining in order to have access to the sessions: although understandable, it's not the only way. As Laura mentioned, books of transcripts are on the way, as well as other solutions. If all you are interested in is that, then wait and you'll get it. If you do decide to join FOTCM, then please read the Statement of principles carefully before. Access to the private board depends on the collective decision of a committee of mods and ambassadors.

- Things may become worse: probably! That is why, if you have wanted to become more involved and participate, you'd better do it now. There may come a time when SOTT and this forum can't keep running. We always take care of our family and network. But if we don't know you, then there is nothing we can do.

- Those who feel disappointed, or having lost something. I strongly advise you to try and think about it from a slightly different perspective. This decision was made in order to protect this work. And it doesn't mean that silence is coming. Trust us a little to be able to convey the messages (from the sessions or other) in cleverer ways. Those with eyes to see will see... See for example Laura's latest article. And, as several of you have mentioned, perhaps this is a wake-up call!

- Feeling it's unfair to have to participate more in order to be given access to the private board: a big part of this work, as you all know, is doing the Work. There needs to be a space where people feel safe to share certain aspects of their lives, their struggles, etc. And I would think that many of you would be glad to feel that safety if you were talking about your own issues. So, it's not unfair in that sense. It is necessary, and it is good in terms of the Work. Knowledge is not being hidden here. Just specific bits that need to be kept discrete for the sake of the people involved. We not only study psychopathology, we practice prevention.

- Reading the sessions alone: as Laura has said many times, sometimes this can be bad, because taken out of context, things the Cs said can be highly distorted. So for your own good, you may want to get more involved in general when your goal is to assimilate knowledge.

- Sadness and frustration: indeed, these are sad times, and we all feel it one way or another. But, with a bit of effort, we can also see it as an opportunity to come together, to expand our network and be "wise as serpents, gentle as doves". So, it's a challenge, but it can be fun! Is there anything better than, in the face of oppression, being able to be smarter than the system, remain as untouchable as possible while still sending information out, and trying to be a small light in the darkness? We just have to be smart. And we do need everyone's help in order to achieve this.

Regarding more practical aspects of joining FOTCM:

- Sharing of personal information: we need to have a mailing address in order to reach you. However, this information remains entirely private and is NEVER shared with third parties. If you don't provide your contact details, we are afraid we may not offer you legal protection either, and therefore, there's not much point in you joining. If you have sent an application without these details, and are still interested, please send it again. It will save both you and us an enormous amount of time if you complete your application fully.

- Filling the form online: If you are afraid of this information being intercepted or whatever, simply print the PDF form, fill it in by hand, and mail it.

- Leaving FOTCM: You can leave FOTCM any time you wish to, by sending us an email. It affords some legal protection in the US, but it doesn't limit you in anything. You join, you can leave.

I hope this helps some of you.

Back
Top Bottom