Joining the private FOTCM Board

Thank-you for this!

While the change of forum policy comes under duress, this was the motivation I evidently required to take the plunge.

I've just printed off my membership application and will have it in the mail tomorrow.

Very excited!

:)

So if you have been reading this material for 8 years or more and have read all of Laura's books multiple times you still don't have access to the transcripts without being approved. And, approval depends on how many posts you have made or the content of these post? I am confused. This work has been invaluable to me and the people with whom I have shared it. It has changed every aspect of my life and continues to do so. I feel like I have lost a dear friend and mentor. Just because I don't post on the forum threads I can no longer read the transcripts. It is a very very sad day indeed. :huh:

Question asker said:
So if you have been reading this material for 8 years or more and have read all of Laura's books multiple times you still don't have access to the transcripts without being approved. And, approval depends on how many posts you have made or the content of these post? I am confused. This work has been invaluable to me and the people with whom I have shared it. It has changed every aspect of my life and continues to do so. I feel like I have lost a dear friend and mentor. Just because I don't post on the forum threads I can no longer read the transcripts. It is a very very sad day indeed. :huh:

Hi Question asker and welcome aboard,

A lot of people feel that way about the sessions. It is sad that the world has become a place where they would be have to be made private. It was NOT an easy decision. As it has already been mentioned, moving the sessions to a private section of the forum was for the protection of the whole group.

Have you read this thread on access to the FOTCM? It's not so insurmountable. :)

Also, when you have a chance, would you introduce yourself in the newbies thread? Welcome again!

Menrva said:
Question asker said:

A lot of people feel that way about the sessions. It is sad that the world has become a place where they would be have to be made private. It was NOT an easy decision. As it has already been mentioned, moving the sessions to a private section of the forum was for the protection of the whole group.

Have you read this thread on access to the FOTCM? It's not so insurmountable. :)

Also, when you have a chance, would you introduce yourself in the newbies thread? Welcome again!

I posted in the newbie thread many many moons ago. But I guess I will reintroduce myself.
Whatever it takes!
I understand why the transcripts had to moved to a private forum and that you all need to be protected so that you can continue the work. It just baffles me that all of this upheaval about freedom of speech in France and now you all have been attacked yet again. For what? Exercising your rights. Just unbelievable. Bizarro world indeed.

Thanks for the info, it is a bummer but considering the times we live in and the nature of the material, it is understandable. So I, for my part, will just have to participate more and gain the confidence required to speak out in the posts. :)

Keep up the good work :clap:

Question asker said:
Menrva said:
Question asker said:

I posted in the newbie thread many many moons ago. But I guess I will reintroduce myself.
Whatever it takes!
I understand why the transcripts had to moved to a private forum and that you all need to be protected so that you can continue the work. It just baffles me that all of this upheaval about freedom of speech in France and now you all have been attacked yet again. For what? Exercising your rights. Just unbelievable. Bizarro world indeed.

About the same situation as Question Asker :-[ As a side note, As a French residing abroad, I am pretty baffled by the latest events, and how most of the people I know did/do react. Pretty interesting times though. Seems Freedom of Speech is applicable only when convenient ;p I do understand why the transcripts had to be moved.

Sheerow said:
Thanks for the info, it is a bummer but considering the times we live in and the nature of the material, it is understandable. So I, for my part, will just have to participate more and gain the confidence required to speak out in the posts. :)

Keep up the good work :clap:

ditto!

Wow, I was already feeling this coming this week. I am more than halfway through reading 'Petty Tyrants' . I have found myself searching for some of the transcripts quoted in the book,at various times, and realized they happened to be ones not available. And I must say they were the ones that hinted at greater insights. I also thought about Laura's safety and others of the inner circle because of the information they are aware of about this planet and time. Laura's article about the German journalists writing about Hitler really gave me pause as to how far one can ever afford to go, how much can safely be revealed to the masses. It's always been so, it would appear.

I have been thinking about FOTCM application in light of recent event (moving sessions). Somehow I don't feel comfortable with the idea of applying just for hope to get access to private forum... I mean it's like pretending to be a catholic only because of curiosity what is in sacristy - hoping that 'becoming a believer' one day will allow me to get there. .. forgive me... maybe It's not the best example - but I hope you know what I mean, and I know that FOTCM isn't really a church and it's not about beliefs.
I'm just not sure :(
I came across online FOTCM application posted here: http://paleochristianity.org/signup/
and it... scared me a bit. Why you guys need such detailed personal information?
I guess it comes handy for potential legal aid in US to prove that someone is a member of the 'church' - that's ok I guess, yet I'm not US citizen, and feel reluctant to post personal details anywhere on the internet... paranoid a bit maybe... eh :cry:

ranger said:
I guess it comes handy for potential legal aid in US to prove that someone is a member of the 'church' - that's ok I guess, yet I'm not US citizen, and feel reluctant to post personal details anywhere on the internet... paranoid a bit maybe... eh :cry:

So why not print out the form and mail it in?

Mr. Premise said:
It's really simple. The first step is to join FOTCM. If you read the Statement of Principles and agree with them, just join. It will be a statement to the universe of commitment. Then, let us get to know you by participating on the forum and you can get admitted to the private board.

I've grappled with wanting to join for 6 months, it was self worth that stopped me, I just don't feel I have much to offer, I'm good fun in person but that's about all I think I have.

Well that's how I felt about it all yesterday before I learned of the censorship.

What a boot in the bum that was... I got really angry, I ranted to myself about it for a while and then I thought it was just another way that the dark attempts to beat the light and I won't be a victim if I can help it.

So instead of feeling worthless I stood up to that part of me who is never going to be good enough for anything while I keep letting that program run and said 'I am worthy of being part of FOTCM' and I meant it, all past thoughts and feelings aside, I truly mean it. I sent my application an hour ago.

I hesitated only for a second when the word 'commitment ' tried to freak me out. Only for a second through because I know that this is exactly the shove I needed to make the commitment to the work.

Although the censorship is very disturbing and negative I'm trying to look at positive consequences of that act, and here so many of us now are inspired to look deeper, work harder, participate more, think bigger etc so we can grow to fit into the FOTCM group. We are fighting back, they (ptb) can take everything away but we won't give up!

Now that's what I'm talking about!!! :headbanger: :thup:

Contemplatif_Iskander said:
Hi just a little question what is changing between to be in the board and not regarding french laws. Is there à special protection
thanks
Yes, there is a 'special protection' of a particular sort. FOTCM members are DUTY BOUND to keep everything in this group completely private. Nothing at all may be shared anyplace else or with anyone who is not a FOTCM member. This is why the board is restricted to those whose character and commitment can be judged over a period of time here at this Forum and found to be adequate and compatible with the aims and goals of the FOTCM and who will likely be able to maintain the confidentiality of the board.

Because no one may enter this private area, there should be no repercussions from governmental agencies or their paid or unpaid spies who would dearly like to know what goes on there. It is the confidentiality which is the protection.

[quote author= Fluffy]

Although the censorship is very disturbing and negative I'm trying to look at positive consequences of that act, and here so many of us now are inspired to look deeper, work harder, participate more, think bigger etc so we can grow to fit into the FOTCM group. We are fighting back, they (ptb) can take everything away but we won't give up! [/quote]

Exactly! It may be the inspiration for many to join. So long as it is for the right reason and they are sincere about Working on themselves and toward a common Aim, it is a positive. Glad to hear you joined FOTCM, Fluffy. :)

ranger said:
I have been thinking about FOTCM application in light of recent event (moving sessions). Somehow I don't feel comfortable with the idea of applying just for hope to get access to private forum... I mean it's like pretending to be a catholic only because of curiosity what is in sacristy - hoping that 'becoming a believer' one day will allow me to get there. .. forgive me... maybe It's not the best example - but I hope you know what I mean, and I know that FOTCM isn't really a church and it's not about beliefs.
I'm just not sure :(

Have you read the Statement of Principals? It in pdf form here. If you haven't read it, that might help with your decision. If you're still not sure there's no harm in just participating until you do know one way or another. In terms of the basic elements involved, I don't think the private board is all that different from the public one. The same tools are explored (networking, research, work on the self, seeing the world, etc.), but there's a stronger focus since those involved have chosen to make a commitment to these things.

ranger said:
I came across online FOTCM application posted here: http://paleochristianity.org/signup/
and it... scared me a bit. Why you guys need such detailed personal information?

There's private info that members discuss so the fellowship needs to know applicants are real people, sincere and will treat such information safely (i.e. not those seeking access in order to disrupt).

Lilou said:
[quote author= Fluffy]

Although the censorship is very disturbing and negative I'm trying to look at positive consequences of that act, and here so many of us now are inspired to look deeper, work harder, participate more, think bigger etc so we can grow to fit into the FOTCM group. We are fighting back, they (ptb) can take everything away but we won't give up!

Exactly! It may be the inspiration for many to join. So long as it is for the right reason and they are sincere about Working on themselves and toward a common Aim, it is a positive. Glad to hear you joined FOTCM, Fluffy. :)
[/quote]

I'm thinking the same way, at the moment there are many users who had been boardlurkers showing themselves on the Forum now. Amazing that fact that situation with forced restriction of some material has not entailed decreasing of activity at the Forum, contrary, it entails increasing of activity and reinforcement Thank you very much, guys!
May be it's example of what Cs said: suffering will integrate people (paraphrasing). I'm not sure that this case is a really suffering, but it is similar in common sense.

Back
Top Bottom