Joining the private FOTCM Board

You can also be a member of FOTCM and not have access to the private forum or even take part in any part of the forum. But when you are a FOTCM member and granted access to the private forum then I'm pretty sure that is when you get the FOTCM avatar/logo.

I have received the envelope with the membership certificate, thank you very much.

Since there is no FOTCM logo next to my avatar this should mean that I'm not selected to have access to the private forum.

But what is the security code for?

Since there is no FOTCM logo next to my avatar this should mean that I'm not selected to have access to the private forum.
Please be patient, it does take a little time for the mods/admins to decided on private board access and you are not the only one who has applied.

But what is the security code for?
Not sure what you are referring to here.

Please be patient, it does take a little time for the mods/admins to decided on private board access and you are not the only one who has applied.

Not sure what you are referring to here.

The security code on my membership card.

Name
Member: 0000000xy
Security Code: xyzjk

I will add that, if in the case that you are are not granted access, that is not the end of the process. If you keep networking and helping on the forum, then at some point in the future you can be granted access.

Hello Beu,
I have a question, May I know if my certificate and member card has been sent or is on its way?

I received an acceptance message in May 2020, where it also mentions that it may take a long time for the package to be delivered. My question is just for to get an idea if the package is on its way or if it should have arrived already, or is a little lost in the postal service.

There is no rush for me, just to be aware, as it is important to me.

Security Code: xyzjk
Ah well that's something could be very important in the future but for now it will be a secret 🤐🤔

You guys would make really poor spies, why post and discuss a secret code on a public forum? :lol:

On a different note, I wasn't given a secret code so I guess I'm not invited to that party :-P

Joking aside, @Ursus Minor, to add to Beau's point, we have had a continuous influx of new members since the corona madness begun and many of them applied for FOTCM / private board membership. As you can imagine, to ensure safety of our members as well as a comfortable learning environment, this is not a quick and simple decision for Admins/Mods to make.

There are currently quite a few people waiting for such a decision - and you are one of them. And like Beau said, if it turns out that it has been decided against giving you access to the private board at this stage, it will not be a 'no', but merely 'not yet'.

Last edited:
Hello Beu,
I have a question, May I know if my certificate and member card has been sent or is on its way?

I received an acceptance message in May 2020, where it also mentions that it may take a long time for the package to be delivered. My question is just for to get an idea if the package is on its way or if it should have arrived already, or is a little lost in the postal service.

There is no rush for me, just to be aware, as it is important to me.
Yes, it was sent out in May. I'm guessing it got lost along the way, cuz 6 months is way too long for a parcel to arrive. We'll send you a new one the next time a batch is sent out, but it might be a little bit before that happens.

Last edited:
Yes, it was sent out in May. I'm guessing it got lost along the way, cuz 6 months is way too long for a parcel to arrive. We'll send you a new one the next time a batch is sent out, but it might be a little bit before that happens.

thanks Beau for reply,
Yes, that's what I thought too, something with the postal service.... I live in an apartment complex, where I've almost always seen the neighbors I think they respect other people's packages at the main entrance, I think...well, you never know for sure. LOL :shock:

I would appreciate it very much if you send me a new package again, or if arrives to me this package from May in these next week, immediately I'll tell you
I'll also check on the donation of this.

Thank you ant22, for clearing up the process behind the scenes for me. I wasn't being impatient, just being curious what to do with those documents. :-)

You guys would make really poor spies, why post and discuss a secret code on a public forum? :lol:

Don't write me off as a spy as yet, I have cunningly altered my secret code to throw off any alphabet soup agencies.

Where's my secret code? Does it come with a decoder ring?

In order to find it you must perform the same complex data analysis 🕵️‍♀️ and dangerous field investigation 👨‍🌾 I mentioned above. Proceed at your own risk though. Many set off but few have returned from such a mission 🥷

Don't write me off as a spy as yet, I have cunningly altered my secret code to throw off any alphabet soup agencies.

Ah, I see what you did there. I did not appreciate your skills then. Well played :ninja:;-)

Back
Top Bottom