Joining the Fellowship equals excommunication?

Michal

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
Hi,

I need to know if I join the Fellowship officially will that automatically mean that this will be reported to catholic church?

I wanted to keep my strategic envelope as "catholic".

I need to know to properly consider my decision.

Thanks.

Laura said:
It won't be reported unless YOU report it. As far as we are concerned, you can belong to any other religion you choose.
You can hold dual passports to the next life! :P

Mikel

The church doesn't have to pronounce on it for a person to be excommunicated. Under canon law, a person who doesn't accept all church dogma excommunicates themselves. So in theory, there are probably more excommunicated catholics in the world than there are catholics in communion with the church. I know very few catholics who accept all church dogma without exception. I was told very clearly once by a priest that I couldn't be an 'a la carte' catholic, so I've rarely been in a church since!

Cześć,
Thanks for reply. Appreciated.
Sounds good.
Have a good evening Guys!

Mr. Premise said:
Laura said:
It won't be reported unless YOU report it. As far as we are concerned, you can belong to any other religion you choose.
Tsk tsk, Catholics only have one life. After that it's either eternal bliss or eternal damnation.

Muxel said:
Mr. Premise said:
Laura said:
Tsk tsk, Catholics only have one life. After that it's either eternal bliss or eternal damnation.
Yeah, so those would be the three densities: Heaven, earth and hell. And there is only a human world, and no further dimensions. Minerals, plants or animals can´t evolve (neither humans, really). With this they managed to hide to the people the multidimensional existential adventure that is life. Catholicism is a enclosed system that smell to mummy, without evolution of the beings or realistic account of life on other planets in 3 D or in spiritual worlds. All sounds too childish, probably like the minds of psychopaths who spread all this, who is childish and damaging to others.

All right.
I have sent my application!!! :D
I wish I will finally meet people doing, thinking similar way. I wish I wish I wish.

Although this is quite an old thread, it jumped out at me (as somebody who would have, at one time, considered themselves a Catholic), so I thought I'd add a few comments.
In the first instance, I can sympathise with the position:

I wanted to keep my strategic envelope as "catholic".
At least, in as much as I think I understand what is meant by 'strategic envelope' here.
There was a - admittedly short - time when I thought that maintaining an exterior for the world that was in communion with Rome, whilst reading deeply of The Wave series, The Secret History series and all the recommended reading available, was a sustainable way of life for me also. I was very wrong.
As it turned out for me, it became quite the existential struggle. I'll spare those who may read this the stories of my sleepless nights and forcing myself to Sunday Mass, and skip to what became the central issue for me: Truth, and the danger inherent in participating in lies (to the self and others). It became obvious to me that 'focussing on Pauline theology' and turning a blind eye to the more questionable Church doctrines, was really just me trying to justify to myself not wanting to sacrifice one or two (semi) sacred cows.
In retrospect, making a definitive move away from the Church was 'freeing' on a personal level, but also, I think, was more considerate regarding those who could not understand my decision to "guarantee the damnation of my soul" (they no longer had to worry too much about me, and I no longer had to lie to them).

Anyhoo, none of this is to suggest that nobody should try and maintain a 'strategic envelope' as they see fit, it has just been my tuppence on why it couldn't work for me.

Back
Top Bottom