Johnson and Johnson Vaccine

Hi Truthseeker101,

That's a very tough position to be in, I would say give it a few more weeks, I daresay most restrictions will be dropped. Though it is true that Canada has been one of those that simply won't let go of the toy.

But if you haven't seen your wife and daughter in two years, which I am truly sorry to learn, then I would say read up on the protocol created here, and take the jab and go back home.

I think one ought to allow for some flexibility when making these decisions, and you've held on strong and probably have educated yourself, not only about the purpose of the vaccination, but also how to protect yourself mentally and physiologically from any adverse effects, so have faith in yourself and the work you've done, and continue to do it.

Best of luck my friend.
Hi everyone, I apologize for only now getting back to Alejo, Jono and SOTTREADER to clarify that I have been with my family over the past two years but have been unable to join them when they are in Canada which has been months at a time. After everybody's support on this thread, I have decided to forego being with them this summer as well as the shot and wait a bit more with my fingers crossed. Gonzo mentioned that the Canadian gov is still pushing boosters every 9 months so perhaps there will be some change in the future. Fingers crossed.

Hi everyone, I apologize for only now getting back to Alejo, Jono and SOTTREADER to clarify that I have been with my family over the past two years but have been unable to join them when they are in Canada which has been months at a time. After everybody's support on this thread, I have decided to forego being with them this summer as well as the shot and wait a bit more with my fingers crossed. Gonzo mentioned that the Canadian gov is still pushing boosters every 9 months so perhaps there will be some change in the future. Fingers crossed.
Your health will be very grateful. 🥳

She is in Italy right now with my daughter ... I am not sure but I don't think I could get into Italy now without a vaccine.

After everybody's support on this thread, I have decided to forego being with them this summer as well as the shot and wait a bit more with my fingers crossed.
Sorry to hear of your predicament. You might look at being more proactive in looking for alternative places to have vacations thus being able to be with your wife and daughter. In the case of Italy where your wife and daughter currently are on holiday, you could have joined them if you had checked what the real requirements were.
It is sad that you can't go to Vancouver with them, but perhaps they would have been ok if you had suggested other alternative places to go and have a shared experience together, in places which don't require vax passports. Currently many places don't have restrictions, though they are likely to come back in some places. As for Canada, then it might be a case of wait and see. There will likely come a time again when it is possible.

I've also avoided the shot over the last few years and now I'm planning on getting the j&j today. I don't have any wife or kids, and my immediate family doesn't care either, but it's getting to the point where I cannot interact with people because it has become such a divisive issue. I'm also worried that the situation in Texas can change, and I'm currently working for the state government. If the vaccine becomes required, I'm not sure if the "safer" option of the j&j shot will be readily available.

Of course, there's a lot of "if" in my thoughts, so I could get it for no reason at all. My brother got the same shot and booster because he was required, and my dad got the shot as well. Neither have had any issues, but I'm still going to follow the protocols sott put together.

I've also avoided the shot over the last few years and now I'm planning on getting the j&j today. I don't have any wife or kids, and my immediate family doesn't care either, but it's getting to the point where I cannot interact with people because it has become such a divisive issue. I'm also worried that the situation in Texas can change, and I'm currently working for the state government. If the vaccine becomes required, I'm not sure if the "safer" option of the j&j shot will be readily available.
Did you end up getting it? and how do you feel?

And I am just curious, is the issue so divisive that your friends, or the people you wish to interact with, are asking about it?

I have hung out with people that are all vaccinated and I simply told them I would eventually get to it, and they kind of accepted it. I also made sure that conversations never got contentious around the issue, so as to not get them going on in explaining their choices to me, and why I should follow their path.

But I am sure your situation is different, I would expect and perhaps hope things never change in TX, at least they don't seem likely to change in the short term, but I understand where you're coming from.

I don't see why you'd engage "friends" on vaccines if you already know it is contentious. It's similar to debating religion and politics - avoid doing it? In a similar fashion, would you change your religion or political view because your friends don't like it? Personally I don't get it 🤷 but appreciate it's down to personal choice.

Saying Texas will/can change = speculation with a very low probability of occuring.

Anyways, hopefully the shot went okay 👍

I don't see why you'd engage "friends" on vaccines if you already know it is contentious. It's similar to debating religion and politics - avoid doing it? In a similar fashion, would you change your religion or political view because your friends don't like it? Personally I don't get it 🤷 but appreciate it's down to personal choice.

Saying Texas will/can change = speculation with a very low probability of occuring.

Anyways, hopefully the shot went okay 👍
Well it's not always so easy to avoid. People that you think of as meek and mild will suddenly come out of the woodwork and put one on the spot with their own STRONG feelings about it. At that point, speaking of choice, it can come down to the value of the relationship to an individual. If one is fine potentially throwing away the relationship, then engaging and telling the truth will not be a problem. But once you are past your 30's, most people aren't so OK with throwing away relationships in their lives and it could potentially involve throwing away a LOT of relationships in one fell swoop. Avoidance/non engagement is a dead giveaway to most Los Angelenos.

There are just so so many different scenarios that force the issue that it can become next to impossible to "Finesse" many situations. You have people that are friends inviting each other to go workout or go to a concert and then it comes up because of the rules of the venue ... or the rules of a stage manager who is managing an industry event. You could innocently ask a friend about another friend that you haven't seen in a while and then it comes up and you get put on the spot. Or you could simply need to go to your condo to be with your family so the Moths don't take over your place ... lol.

Well it's not always so easy to avoid. People that you think of as meek and mild will suddenly come out of the woodwork and put one on the spot with their own STRONG feelings about it. At that point, speaking of choice, it can come down to the value of the relationship to an individual. If one is fine potentially throwing away the relationship, then engaging and telling the truth will not be a problem. But once you are past your 30's, most people aren't so OK with throwing away relationships in their lives and it could potentially involve throwing away a LOT of relationships in one fell swoop. Avoidance/non engagement is a dead giveaway to most Los Angelenos.

There are just so so many different scenarios that force the issue that it can become next to impossible to "Finesse" many situations. You have people that are friends inviting each other to go workout or go to a concert and then it comes up because of the rules of the venue ... or the rules of a stage manager who is managing an industry event. You could innocently ask a friend about another friend that you haven't seen in a while and then it comes up and you get put on the spot. Or you could simply need to go to your condo to be with your family so the Moths don't take over your place ... lol.
I understand and good examples. My response is these are scenarios our parents taught us about when we were young - social/peer pressure.

It might be painful/awkward but if you don't stand up for what you believe to be true (to you) no one else will do this for you. It's always worthwhile to also think about whether you're being reasonable but in this situation I think if someone doesn't want to be injected then it's their choice. It's especially important to respect that as a "friend".

I think not compromising your well-being to appease "friends" or avoid having to deal with awkward situations is stuff that every parent should have taught their kids about.

I think not compromising your well-being to appease "friends" or avoid having to deal with awkward situations is stuff that every parent should have taught their kids about.
I tend to agree with this, but if you've already taken the shot, then it is what it is. I suppose what matters now is that you're feeling ok, mentally and emotionally.

But I do think that the people one surrounds one self with should be capable of accepting one's choices, otherwise one ends up living up to their expectations, and that can betray your own destiny. Within reason of course, as there's also the case where one should learn to pick one's battles and compromise when adequate, sometimes going along with the group is the right call, sometimes standing one's ground is the right call, and it's the specific context that determines this.

It's tricky and not easy to navigate, and everyone's concept and constitution is different, so every situation is unique really. Like I said above, what matters is that you're doing well and that your family is well at the same time.

Thank you for your concern, I did get the shot, no issues so far. I took a boat load of vitamins after and throughout the rest of the day with about 9g melatonin last night, all I have is a slight soreness on the injection spot.

I know I got the shot for a strange reason. Like others have said, people won't accept you for your decisions, then they're not really your friends, and that is true. But I don't think the isolation that comes with it is worth that to me. I've had to get vaccines I did not want to get to be able to attend college here in Texas years ago, I had the same line of thinking then as I do now: At what point do I draw the line in conforming to society?
I don't like or agree with a lot of the things I have to do everyday, but how am I supposed to help others and learn if I'm a social outcast? I've always thought about WWII and all the stories I'd hear about those who pretended to support the nazis just to helped others from the inside. Hopefully in a less dramatic sense, I feel like when the doodoo hits the fan people are going to need help, and if I'm a social outcast I won't be able to do that. Gurdjieff said the best place to practice the work is in your own daily life, perhaps playing these games of society, within reason, will help me wake up.
This is what I'm thinking, and that's why I got it. Maybe it's way off and I'm just coping, and if that is the case I welcome a different perspective from others for me to consider.

I also hope that Texas doesn't change, but they're really pushing Beto (the democrat running against Abbot) here as of late.

edit: In rereading my post it becomes obvious to me that being accepted socially is my main concern.

Thank you for your concern, I did get the shot, no issues so far. I took a boat load of vitamins after and throughout the rest of the day with about 9g melatonin last night, all I have is a slight soreness on the injection spot.

I know I got the shot for a strange reason. Like others have said, people won't accept you for your decisions, then they're not really your friends, and that is true. But I don't think the isolation that comes with it is worth that to me. I've had to get vaccines I did not want to get to be able to attend college here in Texas years ago, I had the same line of thinking then as I do now: At what point do I draw the line in conforming to society?
I don't like or agree with a lot of the things I have to do everyday, but how am I supposed to help others and learn if I'm a social outcast? I've always thought about WWII and all the stories I'd hear about those who pretended to support the nazis just to helped others from the inside. Hopefully in a less dramatic sense, I feel like when the doodoo hits the fan people are going to need help, and if I'm a social outcast I won't be able to do that. Gurdjieff said the best place to practice the work is in your own daily life, perhaps playing these games of society, within reason, will help me wake up.
This is what I'm thinking, and that's why I got it. Maybe it's way off and I'm just coping, and if that is the case I welcome a different perspective from others for me to consider.

I also hope that Texas doesn't change, but they're really pushing Beto (the democrat running against Abbot) here as of late.

edit: In rereading my post it becomes obvious to me that being accepted socially is my main concern.
It's actually not a "strange" reason - people do all sorts to get or maintain social approval. It is why the PTB leveraged social pressure in the Vax campaigns amongst the other items they determined were capable of influencing behaviour e.g. appeal to "morality" (it's not for you it's for others), appeal to science (stop being irrational), shaming etc.

In your case it seems that it's the social pressure that finally did it. It's a bit strange though that you waited so long - it's like a soldier enlisting in WW2 after Hitler has been killed and Berlin taken. Like, aren't you late to the party? 😂

Anyways, each to their own but might be worth thinking about how far you'd go to keep such friends and will you ever try and cultivate actual meaningful friendships of respect and acceptance.

Thanks for your input SOTTREADER. I wish I could find those friendships you speak of, but I have yet to experience such. I was always afraid to get it, not because of the health risks, but because I felt like I would be folding to the establishment. I realized last week that if I get the shot, it's not going to change who I am. Now that I am vaxxed, I don't feel any different. I also feel like the war isn't over, but hopefully I'm wrong about that.

I forgot to add that I was required to sign a paper before the shot acknowledging that the CDC recommends the mRNA shots over the j&j.

Thanks for your input SOTTREADER. I wish I could find those friendships you speak of, but I have yet to experience such. I was always afraid to get it, not because of the health risks, but because I felt like I would be folding to the establishment. I realized last week that if I get the shot, it's not going to change who I am. Now that I am vaxxed, I don't feel any different. I also feel like the war isn't over, but hopefully I'm wrong about that.

I forgot to add that I was required to sign a paper before the shot acknowledging that the CDC recommends the mRNA shots over the j&j.
It actually dawned on me that your honesty with yourself is very admirable. Admitting the fear you have of (perceived) social isolation, admitting it's less than an ideal situation etc. I do feel one of the lessons you might have in this life is working through fear of social isolation. I only say this because usually people respect those who are true to their ideals (this doesn't mean being a martyr) - such people are able to cultivate more meaningful relationships especially if they have the ability to self-regulate and consider alternative viewpoints/treat others respectfully. At least this is what I have observed in life.

Well, never forget we are social beings and threat to remove social connections can feel like an existential threat. That's very real for many.

As well, people's lives and their learning plans are both complicated and complex. Even on a good day, many struggle to see clearly through a problem to see the omptimal response. In the end, it's all about learning and training our systems.

As we know, there's options, and then there's circumstance. There is no wrong, only application of our imperfect logic and the lessons that follow.

Canada was similar. They presented me with Public Health Agency of Canada recommendations to first use mRNA Vx, or, as second best, schedule a 2nd J&J shot. However, once I declined, they proceeded to give me the single shot J&J.

Incidentally, I got (and still have tinnitus) and complete hearing loss in my left ear, partial loss in the right ear. The hearing loss has largle recovered, but the constant sound of cicada bugs in my head continues to be disconcerting and downright irritating.

Well, never forget we are social beings and threat to remove social connections can feel like an existential threat. That's very real for many.

As well, people's lives and their learning plans are both complicated and complex. Even on a good day, many struggle to see clearly through a problem to see the omptimal response. In the end, it's all about learning and training our systems.

As we know, there's options, and then there's circumstance. There is no wrong, only application of our imperfect logic and the lessons that follow.

Canada was similar. They presented me with Public Health Agency of Canada recommendations to first use mRNA Vx, or, as second best, schedule a 2nd J&J shot. However, once I declined, they proceeded to give me the single shot J&J.

Incidentally, I got (and still have tinnitus) and complete hearing loss in my left ear, partial loss in the right ear. The hearing loss has largle recovered, but the constant sound of cicada bugs in my head continues to be disconcerting and downright irritating.
Apologies if this is an in-appropriate question - if you knew you were going to have tinnitus and experience some hearing loss, would you have still taken the shot bearing in mind the consequences you were facing if you did not take it?

I think your view is valuable.

Back
Top Bottom