John Paul II "We shall destroy the programme"

Perceval said:
Laura said:
He obviously means that all that yelling and carrying on and him not being able to talk would destroy the program that he was set to follow at that event. Nothing mysterious about it. But it is scary as heck the way those people were acting.

Yeah, and I can't help but think that JP was laughing at them. As the ideological descendants of the Roman optimates, he (and his cardinals) no doubt felt smug about it.

I had a similar impression: the Pope was openly mocking people. Probably he was annoyed that they delayed his speech. The whole thing was just bizarre, but interesting to watch. His facial muscles were moving as if someone was moving them from inside, and those beady eyes. Wow! Definitely, not all that white and fluffy as usual, eh? The most amazing thing for me was is that people didn't pay attention at all at what was happening. Blinded by their feelings of adoration... Looked like a rock concert to me.

Olesya said:
Perceval said:
Laura said:
He obviously means that all that yelling and carrying on and him not being able to talk would destroy the program that he was set to follow at that event. Nothing mysterious about it. But it is scary as heck the way those people were acting.

Yeah, and I can't help but think that JP was laughing at them. As the ideological descendants of the Roman optimates, he (and his cardinals) no doubt felt smug about it.

I had a similar impression: the Pope was openly mocking people. Probably he was annoyed that they delayed his speech. The whole thing was just bizarre, but interesting to watch. His facial muscles were moving as if someone was moving them from inside, and those beady eyes. Wow! Definitely, not all that white and fluffy as usual, eh? The most amazing thing for me was is that people didn't pay attention at all at what was happening. Blinded by their feelings of adoration... Looked like a rock concert to me.

Yes, he was acting like an overindulged rock star, cheered on by his groupies. Although I did see some people in the audience that didn't clap and cheer and had a (somewhat) astounded look on their face.

Back
Top Bottom