John Keel and Operation Trojan Horse

loreta said:
EricG said:
I had a bit of luck. :)
I bought Cosmic Winter from a private person here in Holland, the book was 50 euro including postage, so a lot cheaper than the prices you see on Amazon.

Not bad! But expensive, although.

Maybe we can start an Inter Library Loan? (ILL) in this forum? ;) It is a joke but not joke at the same time. An idea as many ideas that I have in my imaginative mind. :D

Available here in French and not that expensive.

Gandalf said:
loreta said:
EricG said:
I had a bit of luck. :)
I bought Cosmic Winter from a private person here in Holland, the book was 50 euro including postage, so a lot cheaper than the prices you see on Amazon.

Not bad! But expensive, although.

Maybe we can start an Inter Library Loan? (ILL) in this forum? ;) It is a joke but not joke at the same time. An idea as many ideas that I have in my imaginative mind. :D

Available here in French and not that expensive.

Thank you Gandalf. I think I found one in french in Amazon.fr for 19 euros. The problem to order from Canada is the big price of delivery. So I think it is better, when you live in Europe, to order to France.

Thanks you by the way.

I have found John Keel's books very hard to find in hard copy, but not so hard to find as online Adobe pdf files. I enclose a link for those whose need or ability to enrich the used book market is limited.

_http://www.thelowestroom.com/resources.htm

If it does not work, copy and paste it into you browser. The titles in question are near the bottom of the referenced web page. Generally, for honesty's sake, I will delete the pdf files I have when I can obtain the e-book from Amazon or similar legitimate sources. :halo:

KC Kelly said:
OTH said:
Let assume that UFOs exist at frequencies beyond visible light but that they can adjust their frequency and descend the electromagnetic spectrum--just as you can move the dial of your radio a variable condenser up and down the scale of radio frequencies. When a UFOs frequency nears that of visible light, it would first appear as a purplish blob of violet. As it moves further down the scale, it would seem to change to blue, then to cyan (bluish green). In our chapter on meteors we note that they most often appear as bluish-green objects. I have therefore classified that section of the color spectrum as the UFO entry field. When the objects begin to move into our spatial and time coordinates, they gear down from the higher frequencies, passing progressively from ultraviolet to violet to bluish green. When they stabilize within our dimensions, they radiate energy on all frequencies and become a glaring white.

In the white condition the object can traverse distances visibly, but radical maneuvers of ascent or descent require it to alter its frequencies again, and this process produces new color changes. In the majority of all landing reports, the object is said to have turned orange (red and yellow) or red before descending. When they settle to the ground they “solidify,” and the light dims or goes out altogether. On takeoff, they begin to glow red again. Sometimes they reportedly turn a brilliant red and vanish. Other times they shift through all the colors of the spectrum, turn white, and fly off into the night sky until they look like just another star.

Since the color red is so closely associated with the landing and takeoff processes, I termed this end of the spectrum as the UFO departure field.

That reminds me of some red lights I have seen a lot of times. In the evening, after I had gone to bed, a red light often appeared a couple of meters from the bed, a meter above me. (Maybe that's common? People just doesn't talk about it?) It was only one red light, rather small, with a diameter of maybe 5 cm.

Mostly, the light appeared when I was growing up, and in some periods each evening. As an adult, the lights have decreased a lot in incidence. Can't remember how long ago I saw it the last time.

Well, I do not know what it was, I thought of it as something looking on me. It appeared and disappeared in a blink. If my eyes was closed, I could sense that it was there, and open my eyes and see the light. I didn't like it.

Keels books look very interesting, anyway. I checked on amazon, they had some used right now, but very expensive. Maybe I should find a pdf somewhere.

Laura said:
This may belong in the Books forum, but I thought that it would be better in the Ultraterrestrials Forum since that word was coined by John Keel.

I've just finished the book "Operation Trojan Horse." I managed to get a paperback copy that was a little pricey but less pricey than the hardcover editions. I can't recommend this book highly enough to anyone interested in the topic.

The Wikipedia article says about Keel:

{...} ...in early 1966, John Keel commenced a full-time investigation of UFOs and paranormal phenomena. Over a four-year period, Keel interviewed thousands of people in over twenty U.S. states. More than 2,000 books were reviewed in the course of this investigation, in addition to thousands of magazines, newsletters, and newspapers. Keel also subscribed to several newspaper-clipping services, which often generated up to 150 clippings for a single day during the 1966 and 1967 UFO "wave". {...}

Like contemporary 1960s researchers such as J. Allen Hynek and Jacques Vallée, Keel was initially hopeful that he could somehow validate the prevailing extraterrestrial visitation hypothesis. However, after one year of investigations, Keel realised that the extraterrestrial hypothesis was untenable. Indeed, both Hynek and Vallée eventually arrived at a similar conclusion.

As Keel himself wrote, "I abandoned the extraterrestrial hypothesis in 1967 when my own field investigations disclosed an astonishing overlap between psychic phenomena and UFOs... The objects and apparitions do not necessarily originate on another planet and may not even exist as permanent constructions of matter. It is more likely that we see what we want to see and interpret such visions according to our contemporary beliefs."

In UFOs: Operation Trojan Horse Keel argues that a non-human or spiritual intelligence source has staged whole events over a long period of time in order to propagate and reinforce certain erroneous belief systems. For example, the fairy faith in Middle Europe, vampire legends, mystery airships in 1897, mystery aeroplanes of the 1930s, mystery helicopters, anomalous creature sightings, poltergeist phenomena, balls of light, and UFOs. Keel conjectures that ultimately all of these anomalies are a cover for the real phenomenon.

In Our Haunted Planet, Keel coins the term "Ultraterrestrials" to describe the UFO occupants. He discusses the seldom-considered possibility that the alien "visitors" to Earth are not visitors at all, but an advanced Earth civilization, which may or may not be human.

The process that Keel went through is pretty much the same process I went through with the exception that I didn't personally interview thousands of people. I did interview some and I read tons of cases. I read everything I could get my hands on until my eyes literally bled from inflammation!

And I came to very similar conclusions - that the phenomenon was basically "demonic". That was, of course, because I was so familiar with the history of the paranormal.

There are a couple of interesting passages in this book that I will try to transcribe here over the next couple of weeks, but it would be really great if everyone interested in the phenomenon could read this book. It is just packed with info.

Hi Laura!

I wonder if a lot of researchers are too finite on this point. The ultra dimensional/extra-terrestrial hypothesis may be a bit of a false dichotemy, in some instances (not all). A physical organism, past a certain point in development, may automatically partially transgress what we call 'physical form" the question then would be " are these beings primarily other worldly or other weirdly" Both could be true. I am describing what could be a small sub section of infinity here, so bare with me.

LisaR said:
Hi Laura!

I wonder if a lot of researchers are too finite on this point. The ultra dimensional/extra-terrestrial hypothesis may be a bit of a false dichotemy, in some instances (not all). A physical organism, past a certain point in development, may automatically partially transgress what we call 'physical form" the question then would be " are these beings primarily other worldly or other weirdly" Both could be true. I am describing what could be a small sub section of infinity here, so bare with me.

Hi LisaR, have you read the Wave Series yet in its entirety? What you've mentioned above is covered quite fully in it, so it's worth reading.

anart said:
LisaR said:
Hi Laura!

Hi LisaR, have you read the Wave Series yet in its entirety? What you've mentioned above is covered quite fully in it, so it's worth reading.

Thank you for kindly pointing out the redundant nature of the post i actually struggled to write. I took great care, time and effort to get my thoughts lined up in sequence. I attempted to put together something worthwhile. I have not read the Wave series in it's entirety. I want to get a better fix on the general character of the mods and admins and general tone of the forum, first. I don't know if you are aware of it or not, but you may as well be telling me to f--- right off. This is how it feels to be a new member, and be greeted with this kind of response. Am I sensitive? You bet. Too sensitive? Maybe.

Though I really loved High Strangeness and appreciate interest in psychopathy, it has to be made abundantly clear to me that this forum doesn't insist on 100 per cent conformity in point of view. It also has to be clear to me that mods admins don't fall into the trap of pathologizing those who simply disagree on some of the details.

If that criteria can't be met, I will exit, as I would exit a fundamentalist church that too easily demonizes and is on the look out for the slightest ideological infraction.

Good day--LisaR

LisaR, if you don't mind my saying but that seems to me to be one of the rudest messages I've read here in a long time.

This is how it feels to be a new member, and be greeted with this kind of response.
I don't think you speak for new members here but rather for yourself and the offense you seem to have taken at Anart's reply, including your (imo) misinterpretation that she might as well have told you to f... off.

All I can see from your post is a passive agressive tone a major identificationwith your "sensitivity" and, finally,
It also has to be clear to me that mods admins don't fall into the trap of pathologizing those who simply disagree on some of the details.

If that criteria can't be met I will exit...
...a demand that if the forum doesn't conform to your beliefs, you will leave. Well nobody is forcing you to stay. Anart asked if you had read the Wave series, which might answer/clarify any questions you might have and you responded to her (perceived) rudeness with a good deal of rudeness of your own. If you can't see that, maybe this isn't the right forum for you.

... not to mention the fact that the forum guidelines clearly state what the ideas and perspectives of the owners and participants are, i.e. the C's material (The Wave, etc) and Gurdjieff, Mouravieff, Castaneda, etc. Also that it is an experimental Work forum, not just discussion and blowing off opinions and ideas without having FIRST done some WORK ON THE SELF.

LisaR said:
Thank you for kindly pointing out the redundant nature of the post i actually struggled to write. I took great care, time and effort to get my thoughts lined up in sequence. I attempted to put together something worthwhile.

Actually in another post this evening you said that you'd had several glasses of wine which is the excuse I was giving you in my mind for why you've been so obnoxiously rude and aggressive. I'm glad that you've come to conclusion, however, that this forum is not for you. We'll all be much better off, including you, since having to confront the level of self-importance that you have displayed is usually quite painful and not for the faint of heart.

LisaR said:
anart said:
LisaR said:
Hi Laura!

Thank you for kindly pointing out the redundant nature of the post i actually struggled to write. I took great care, time and effort to get my thoughts lined up in sequence. I attempted to put together something worthwhile. I have not read the Wave series in it's entirety. I want to get a better fix on the general character of the mods and admins and general tone of the forum, first. I don't know if you are aware of it or not, but you may as well be telling me to f--- right off. This is how it feels to be a new member, and be greeted with this kind of response. Am I sensitive? You bet. Too sensitive? Maybe.

Though I really loved High Strangeness and appreciate interest in psychopathy, it has to be made abundantly clear to me that this forum doesn't insist on 100 per cent conformity in point of view. It also has to be clear to me that mods admins don't fall into the trap of pathologizing those who simply disagree on some of the details.

If that criteria can't be met, I will exit, as I would exit a fundamentalist church that too easily demonizes and is on the look out for the slightest ideological infraction.

Good day--LisaR

I spent the last five minutes trying to find the offending post that elicited this response, I initially had presumed LisaR has misquoted a post to her reply.

You are showing clear signs of psychological projection but you actually know this and instead of dealing with it you reach the conclusion and come full circle to attack others for your own short comings. The sooner you realize that your foundations are shaky the sooner you will realize that this 'Us vs Them' scenarios you create are a creation of your own.

Hardy said:
I spent the last five minutes trying to find the offending post that elicited this response, I initially had presumed LisaR has misquoted a post to her reply.

You are showing clear signs of psychological projection but you actually know this and instead of dealing with it you reach the conclusion and come full circle to attack others for your own short comings. The sooner you realize that your foundations are shaky the sooner you will realize that this 'Us vs Them' scenarios you create are a creation of your own.

This was over a year ago, but I agree, Hardy, it was strange. What really caught my eye, however, were the strange use of language. I'll bold in red the words I noted as being very peculiarly used

LisaR said:
Hi Laura!

LisaR said:

Good day--LisaR

Not only is she pathologically sensitive/prickly (which suggests that it is her who has the problem with insisting that things be this way or that), but her word selection is odd and twisted. That is actually one of the signs of psychopathology as Hare describes in "Without Conscience". Hare writes:

What makes psychopaths different from all others is the remarkable ease with which they lie, the pervasiveness of their deception, and the callousness with which they carry it out.

But there is something else about the speech of psychopaths that is equally puzzling: their frequent use of contradictory and logically inconsistent statements that usually escape detection. Recent research on the language of psychopaths provides us with some important clues to this puzzle, as well as to the uncanny ability psychopaths have to move words - and people- around so easily. […]

Here are some examples:

When asked if he had ever committed a violent offense, a man serving time for theft answered, "No, but I once had to kill someone."

A woman with a staggering record of fraud, deceit, lies, and broken promises concluded a letter to the parole board with, "I've let a lot of people down… One is only as good as her reputation and name. My word is as good as gold."

A man serving a term for armed robbery replied to the testimony of an eyewitness, "He's lying. I wasn't there. I should have blown his -flicking-g head off."

From an interview with serial killer Elmer Wayne Henley:

Interviewer: "You make it out that you're the victim of a serial killer, but if you look at the record you're a serial killer."
Henley: "I'm not."
I: "You're not a serial killer?"
H: "I'm not a serial killer."
I: You're saying you're not a serial killer now, but you've serially killed."
H: "Well, yeah, that's semantics."

And so on. The point that the researchers noted was that psychopaths seem to have trouble monitoring their own speech. What is more, they often put things together in strange ways, such as this series of remarks from serial killer Clifford Olson:

"And then I had annual sex with her."
"Once a year?"
"No. Annual. From behind."
"Oh. But she was dead!"
"No, no. She was just unconscientious."

About his many experiences, Olson said,

"I've got enough antidotes to fill five or six books - enough for a trilogy." He was determined not to be an "escape goat" no matter what the "migrating facts."

So, whenever someone comes along with that very strange way of writing and using words, or if you encounter someone speaking like that in your daily life, pay attention.

Big news! Anomalist Press has just published Operation Trojan Horse. It is selling for the very affordable price of $15.08 on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1938398033/theanomalist

Yay!

Approaching Infinity said:
Big news! Anomalist Press has just published Operation Trojan Horse. It is selling for the very affordable price of $15.08 on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1938398033/theanomalist

Yay!

Good catch, AI! Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom