items going missing

I remember a time in my youth when I believed someone unknown but close to me MUST have stolen a prized possession (a type of crystal specimen), as it 'could have been no other way.' I became so enraged that I lived in a Universe where such a thing could happen! To think, 'the trustworthy person that I am!' and that someone who I let into my sacred space would be so low! I decided that I would go to a local shop and steal a replacement, as that would surely bring balance in some energetic way, though dealing with this THIEF *shakes fist* that's another matter (I justified my stealing from this shop by saying "they themselves steal these crystals form the Earth!"). I became suspicious of every person close to me, and even stopped being open, generous and inviting out of fear that more of my 'prized possessions' would be stolen. About a year later, I put on a jacket I hadn't worn in some time and noticed something heavy in the pocket -- the very same crystal I believed had been stolen.

I simply cannot describe the experience in that moment and the flood of impressions, feelings and sensations poured into my being (I quite clearly remember the burning heat of my red face and the sense of being very, very small). I simply saw myself for what I was, very cleanly and without buffers.

Something changed on that day, however, in regard to my relationship with 'things.' From that moment on I only had one prized possession -- my attention. I saw how every evil in my life came directly about as a result of not being home, not being present in myself. This attention I cherish with all my might, like a little flame I shield against the wind. Without it, we are truly lost!

Sometimes not just the devil steal things but real persons that you, because unaware, permitted to enter in your life. They come at your house, and they take things from you because you are not paying attention. Just talking and remember about this I had a little panic attack. Remembrance of how stupid we can be. We can say they were just objects that they took but it is more than that. They were lessons that now we look and think about it. Our naiveté can be huge like a well. I don't feel sorry for the jewels they took with them, or other things. But I feel of how we can be food at various stages. The good news is that everything, and in this situation thanks to some objects, is a lesson, our lack of attention, our confidence that acts against us when we are not using our awareness.

I still open my door but not anymore to everyone. I am now more careful. Maybe a little more present?

When I was about 13, I found an article in a weekly magazine that described Orion, Ganímedes and Apu´s inhabitants, which I first thought was quite ridiculous. But as I went through the text I got more and more interested and finally ripped the pages out and put them carefully into a book that was on my library. Then I religiously awaited with great impatience for the next weekly releases until the full collection was gathered. The next time I went for them they had just evaporated. I started checking all the books, just in case, again and again, nothing. The dozen of A4 pages folded in half went missing forever and that was maybe the first time in my life that I came in touch with this high strangeness feeling where one feels like going crazy for the lack of another word. Another thing that makes it all the weirdest is that I never liked magazines, but it seems I bought or picked up this one for a reason I can´t remember anymore.

My room was very little and had just the space for my bed, a little guardrope, a table without drawer and the wall incrusted library. No siblings, my parents never entered my room as they were busy in their restaurant until late at night, no rooms other than mine where I could have left the articles behind as the other rooms were already rented to some employees of the restaurant. Also, I never shared this info.

Now, some 40 years later I´ve been shocked again as I tumbled on the Wave Books collection with so many info deriving from STS/STO Orion´s beings. Btw, said info still disappears once in a while, but at least I can make my mind up because of Internet, hackers, or an unhappy movement of my fingers on the keyboard as playing the most relevant part. :umm:

A most interesting and amusing thread.
I believe the answer to the sock problem is to only buy the same type of socks, or at least to have several pairs of the same type.
My father was colour blind, and one day in the theatre while waiting for the movie to start, he had his feet up on the seat in front, and the person next to him said, "Did you know that you have different coloured socks on?" Dad replied, "I've got another pair at home just like this one!"

MusicMan said:
A most interesting and amusing thread.
I believe the answer to the sock problem is to only buy the same type of socks, or at least to have several pairs of the same type.
My father was colour blind, and one day in the theatre while waiting for the movie to start, he had his feet up on the seat in front, and the person next to him said, "Did you know that you have different coloured socks on?" Dad replied, "I've got another pair at home just like this one!"

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Hi. Well, there is more to this missing object subject then just our being unaware of where we place things. What this is I don't know, its a mystery. Can objects disappear into another dimension I wonder? Would this sort of thing be more common now?

I've had one experience that is very telling. Maybe a year ago, I placed my favorite brass pendulum in the middle of my computer desk. No question what so ever this is where it was placed. The next day it was gone. A few days later, there it was again, right where I left it on the desk... :(

I have heard others tell their stories of missing objects that reappear in the same spot where they where left. Tricksters from 4d? :D

Here is another. During the summer I lost my main set of house/car keys. Tore everything up looking for them several times, no luck. Three months passed (to the day) and the keys where located in a very bizarre place that can't be explained. A friend found them in a old lunch bag she never uses and the bag was in the bottom drawer of her kitchen cupboard :shock: The symbolism of missing keys was something I considered during this time and did fit with what was happening in my life, also finding them again was symbolic. Important "life keys" where lost then "new life keys" where found, all coinciding with my missing house/car keys.

:huh:

Hello Everyone, I believe I've found an explanation for my missing objects. What I described has the characteristics of poltergeist phenomenon. I am a little surprised no one mentioned this here. Something I needed to discover on my own perhaps.

Although I've been interested in paranormal subjects most of my life, I've never really "studied" any sort of investigative work in these subjects. This is something I'm inspired to do now though. The forum here has been a catalyst for this among other inspirations concerning, in particular, self work.

:)

SummerLite said:
Hello Everyone, I believe I've found an explanation for my missing objects. What I described has the characteristics of poltergeist phenomenon. I am a little surprised no one mentioned this here. Something I needed to discover on my own perhaps.

Although I've been interested in paranormal subjects most of my life, I've never really "studied" any sort of investigative work in these subjects. This is something I'm inspired to do now though. The forum here has been a catalyst for this among other inspirations concerning, in particular, self work.

:)

Hi Summerlite, that's what I thought was maybe happening to me too, but after discussing with other forum members and reading those passages from "active Side of Infinity"; I realized what had happened to at least two of my missing items. My lesson that I needed to learn was (is) that I am lacking self-awareness in my daily life. Sure, I am trying to observe myself, but that was more emotional and spiritual. I wasn't paying close attention to my every day activities. Data really drove the point home with his post when he said "There is a saying, Hanlon's razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." I can't agree more."

Of course, that was just my experience... but I was thinking "ghosts" or something originally - that's why I started this thread in this section of the forum. Of course, it could still be a possibility, but if I was actually present every moment and actually remembered setting down the item the last time I used it rather than just assuming I had put it where I always put it, then I could actually make a case for "someone/something"else to have moved or taken my things.

Hi Meechel17,

Yes, these are excellent points raised and totally applicable to probably "most" things that go missing. I am also one for not paying attention to where I put things or other activates when I'm in an automatic, unaware, just moving mode. I do notice also how this state can create a lot of aggravation. It actually seems to be getting worse lately....hmmm. Diligence in being aware in every moment is called for, yes this certainly applies. And thanks for the discussion here to bring needed attention, its important.

In the case with the 2 instances I mentioned here they point to poltergeist phenomenon so that's something I'm curious to investigate further. Perhaps I've moved off topic. But reading Operation Trojan Horse has brought my attention to this. These occurrences are found with ufo connections and I'm considering how this may fit with me sense I've been looking at this topic for years now...don't want to attract any unwanted visitors though :( I also live in a building built in 1910 and there have been some odd happenings.

:D

SummerLite said:
Hi Meechel17,

Yes, these are excellent points raised and totally applicable to probably "most" things that go missing. I am also one for not paying attention to where I put things or other activates when I'm in an automatic, unaware, just moving mode. I do notice also how this state can create a lot of aggravation. It actually seems to be getting worse lately....hmmm. Diligence in being aware in every moment is called for, yes this certainly applies. And thanks for the discussion here to bring needed attention, its important.

In the case with the 2 instances I mentioned here they point to poltergeist phenomenon so that's something I'm curious to investigate further. Perhaps I've moved off topic. But reading Operation Trojan Horse has brought my attention to this. These occurrences are found with ufo connections and I'm considering how this may fit with me sense I've been looking at this topic for years now...don't want to attract any unwanted visitors though :( I also live in a building built in 1910 and there have been some odd happenings.

:D

I will have to check out Operation Trojan Horse - Sounds interesting. I don't think you're off topic at all. It just turned out that my experience didn't turn out to be what I thought it might be after all. I think it's very interesting what other people's experiences are with this same issue. :)

Operation Trojan Horse is an excellent book about hyperdimensional phenomena and how many unexplained things can be associated with it.

However, I've also found to be true the fact that if I am not totally present in what I am doing, I can easily misplace things, put things with other things that has nothing to do with where that "thing" should have been put, etc. If I am not paying particular attention to everything I'm doing, things will get misplaced and it I usually find "it" when I'm looking for something else (like the item I put it away with). ;)

It's much harder to be attentive and present to what we are doing as so many things go on in our lives that distract us and we are constantly thinking about them, trying to find solutions to various things, what we are going to do for dinner, at work, what groceries do we need to get, how are we going to pay the next bill, etc. that to forget what we are doing and misplacing things is not that difficult to understand. Also, being distracted by our children asking questions/needing attention (same with our pets). It's very hard to keep an eye on what we are doing and where we are putting things while all of these things are going on.

That's not to say that high strangeness cannot occur in some instances, but I've found that most usually, it's because I wasn't paying attention, being present, while I was doing something.

Interesting topic.
About 12 years ago, I lost my driver's license. Well, I went through my apartment with a fine toothed comb, all of the pockets in my pants, shirts, and jackets, all of my closets, drawers, etc.
And I went through my car with the same thoroughness. All to no avail.
So I reluctantly resigned myself to the fact that I would have to get a replacement license, which costs $35.00. When I came out of the motor license office with my new license, I opened the driver's door, happened to look down, and guess what, there was my old original license laying in the footwell right beside the door, literally staring me right in the face.
To this day I am at a loss as to how I could have missed it when I went through that car with microscopic thoroughness.
High strangeness indeed! :O :lol:

I was glad to see this thread, because seems like most every day I become frustrated by having to look for something I've misplaced in my rush through the day.

Everyone has made some good points about the whole thing, including that there are several reasons this may happen.

I try to look at it as not only an opportunity to work on paying attention, but also to work on not expressing negative emotions that arise (that first quote by Don Juan was very helpful to consider). Most recently, I've begun paying attention to what my particular negative emotional reactions reveal about myself.

Once I dropped an orange vitamin pill on my white bathroom floor. The door was closed and there were no floor vents. The pill was no where on the floor. At that point, I'd started trying to view these "irritations" as opportunities to work on accepting things more and just letting them go rather than my usual tenacious fight to "win" (i.e. conserve my energies). So I just got another pill, got dressed and went to work.

After a busy day, which included much leg-crossing, walking and stair-climbing, I came home and changed clothes. As I hung my pants up, guess what fell out of the cuff! What are the odds of dropping a pill, it bouncing up into the cuff of my pants and remaining there all day?!

Sometimes I discover that the "lost" object was right in front of me all along and I just didn't see it. For example, once sitting at my desk and losing something--even though I hadn't gotten up or opened any drawers in the desk. Negative emotions certainly got the better of me that day--namely anger at having my efficiency hindered. As the anger subsided, and I shifted more towards curiosity about where the object could possibly have gone. It was then that I noticed it sitting right in front of me where it should've been. It was as if I'd become blind to part of reality--which, on a much greater magnitude, is the human predicament.

Due to the frequency "losing" things, I'm usually convinced that I'm being trained by "God," or toyed with by "the Devil" -- especially because of the unlikely ways this happens sometimes. In one strange twist, I was completely aware of losing something as it happened, but unable to prevent it:

After paying bills one evening, I went to put a receipt on a shelf above my built-in desk. It slipped out of my fingers and drifted down, so I waited for it to land on my desk so I could retrieve it. As I did, I watched in amazement as it drifted toward the adjoining wall, turned be parallel to the wall, and then slid down 2 feet to disappear in a hairs-width crack in the wood trim where my desk was joined to the wall!

The more I Work on it, the more it all gets pretty amazing and entertaining! ;-)

Meechel17 said:
I have thought and thought about this, and I have looked and looked for missing items, but can't come up with any explanations, so thought I would post here in case anyone had similar experiences and/or advice.
The first things that went missing in my house were a favorite shirt and a pair of leggings. We hadn't gone anywhere and stayed overnight at that point, so they couldn't have left home in that way. Now things are starting to disappear more rapidly. All items of mine; nothing of my husband 's as far as we can tell. Here one day and gone the next. A bill of sale for a vehicle (rather important...), my tweezers (I use them every day in the bathroom - weird, right?)
Has anyone else had similar experiences and seen them as "other worldly" causes?

Do they return?

I lost a lot of items when I was a child, but the items always returned and they were in places I had looked in!!

Okay, so I just sat down, had a cup of buttered tea and took some deep breaths and focused on finding the bill of sale. I have been looking for it for three days now. Went through the file where it was supposed to be four times, went through the rest of that clients files four times, went through the other client files, my office files, the recycling, everything I could think of. Anyway, so after I calmed myself down, I started looking through the proper folder again, and lo and behold! There it is! I can't tell you how relieved I am. When all these things start going missing one after the other, for no apparent rhyme or reason I started feeling like I was losing it. I am hoping I can do the same for the other missing items. However, I still feel like I am supposed to learn something from this. After all, "All there is, is lessons"!!

Responded... :D
Forget my post!

Hi,

I usually get nervous when I can't find something (which is soooooo important in that moment). After awhile, I would remember to let go, and just intend to find it, but I would cease searching feverishly.

Well, it works! When I don't want so much to find it, it appears, sometimes right there were I looked for it "x" times.

Well, we all deserve a joke on this issue:

Grandpa to his grandson:
- Johnny, what's the name of that German guy who keeps hiding my things??
-Alzheimer, Grandpa!

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom