items going missing

I have thought and thought about this, and I have looked and looked for missing items, but can't come up with any explanations, so thought I would post here in case anyone had similar experiences and/or advice.
The first things that went missing in my house were a favorite shirt and a pair of leggings. We hadn't gone anywhere and stayed overnight at that point, so they couldn't have left home in that way. Now things are starting to disappear more rapidly. All items of mine; nothing of my husband 's as far as we can tell. Here one day and gone the next. A bill of sale for a vehicle (rather important...), my tweezers (I use them every day in the bathroom - weird, right?)
Has anyone else had similar experiences and seen them as "other worldly" causes?

Actually, I recently lost a 9V battery charger and have looked everywhere trying to think about where I used it the last time. I may have taken it on a trip so I looked the luggage that I would have used etc.. It may just be a normal loose and forget thing but I wonder sometimes about why it seemed to disappear with no memory of where I left it. But this is a poor example I suppose. Maybe we are just projecting our own absentmindedness? :/

goyacobol said:
Actually, I recently lost a 9V battery charger and have looked everywhere trying to think about where I used it the last time. I may have taken it on a trip so I looked the luggage that I would have used etc.. It may just be a normal loose and forget thing but I wonder sometimes about why it seemed to disappear with no memory of where I left it. But this is a poor example I suppose. Maybe we are just projecting our own absentmindedness? :/

Yes, you could totally be right, and I thought of that too :)
However, I have a small house and not many people coming and going, and they are simply not here. So frustrating!!! I would like to find them and be like "oh, right that's what I did with them!" I hope it is only absentmindedness as you say. maybe not as easy to deal with, but less unsettling for sure.

Okay, so I just sat down, had a cup of buttered tea and took some deep breaths and focused on finding the bill of sale. I have been looking for it for three days now. Went through the file where it was supposed to be four times, went through the rest of that clients files four times, went through the other client files, my office files, the recycling, everything I could think of. Anyway, so after I calmed myself down, I started looking through the proper folder again, and lo and behold! There it is! I can't tell you how relieved I am. When all these things start going missing one after the other, for no apparent rhyme or reason I started feeling like I was losing it. I am hoping I can do the same for the other missing items. However, I still feel like I am supposed to learn something from this. After all, "All there is, is lessons"!!

Thank you, Goyacobol for listening :)
Now, to find my other items and meditate on what I should learn from this :)

Meechel17 said:
Okay, so I just sat down, had a cup of buttered tea and took some deep breaths and focused on finding the bill of sale. I have been looking for it for three days now. Went through the file where it was supposed to be four times, went through the rest of that clients files four times, went through the other client files, my office files, the recycling, everything I could think of. Anyway, so after I calmed myself down, I started looking through the proper folder again, and lo and behold! There it is! I can't tell you how relieved I am. When all these things start going missing one after the other, for no apparent rhyme or reason I started feeling like I was losing it. I am hoping I can do the same for the other missing items. However, I still feel like I am supposed to learn something from this. After all, "All there is, is lessons"!!

Thank you, Goyacobol for listening :)

Congratulations Meechel17 on finding the bill of sale! Maybe you will find the other things too. I haven't given up yet on the battery charger I'll just keeping trying to self-remember and keep searching.

I like your quote which seems very appropriate "Searching for truth". Looking for anything is a "quest" sometimes I think. :)

In my family when we loose something and don't find an item we give it to the devil. The devil in fact doesn't like to receive gifts, so it will give it to you and you find what you are looking for. It works almost 99%. ;) I say: I give it to the devil with charity.

I remember a short story by Maupassant. Grosso modo the story tells how a woman was looking for her jewelry and was looking for the possible thief. Many people where accused for nothing because in fact it was a crow that loved jewels that was the thief! :)

But some things disappear for true and there is no rational explication: I am talking about socks.

I found one more item yesterday :)
But the two things I could really use now that it's winter I am going to give them to the devil. We will see what happens :) they have been been missing for five months now...
Yes, socks do disappear without reason. I think we all take that for granted. Why is that? :P

From "Active Side of Infinity" by Carlos Castaneda:
"This narrow fringe of awareness was the epicenter of self-reflection, where man is irremediably caught. By playing on our self-reflection, which is the only point of awareness left to us, the predators create flares of awareness that they proceed to consume in a ruthless, predatory fashion. They give us inane problems that force those flares of awareness to rise, and in this manner they keep us alive in order for them to be fed with the energetic flare of our pseudoconcerns. … what we have against us is not a simple predator. It is very smart, and organized. It follows a methodical system to render us useless. Man, the magical being that he is destined to be, is no longer magical. … There are no more dreams for man but the dreams of an animal who is being raised to become a piece of meat: trite, conventional, and imbecilic. …"

Is this what is going on with me? Perhaps this is the lesson...

loreta said:
In my family when we loose something and don't find an item we give it to the devil. The devil in fact doesn't like to receive gifts, so it will give it to you and you find what you are looking for. It works almost 99%. ;) I say: I give it to the devil with charity.

This is genius -- I think the part about 'charity' is the most important :lol:

Martfotai said:
loreta said:

This is genius -- I think the part about 'charity' is the most important :lol:

Absolutely, the charity message is very important. The devil hates charity.

It is true that when we look for things that we don't find we loose time and energy, it is a sort of distraction. A loose of energy. Very interesting. I am always looking for books that I don't find. Strangely enough, this night I dreamed that I found a golden little cross that I lost some years ago. But it was just in my dream that I find it. Where is this cross, a gift from a californian friend? Mystery. The devil didn't return it to me! :evil:

Meechel17 said:
From "Active Side of Infinity" by Carlos Castaneda:
"This narrow fringe of awareness was the epicenter of self-reflection, where man is irremediably caught. By playing on our self-reflection, which is the only point of awareness left to us, the predators create flares of awareness that they proceed to consume in a ruthless, predatory fashion. They give us inane problems that force those flares of awareness to rise, and in this manner they keep us alive in order for them to be fed with the energetic flare of our pseudoconcerns. … what we have against us is not a simple predator. It is very smart, and organized. It follows a methodical system to render us useless. Man, the magical being that he is destined to be, is no longer magical. … There are no more dreams for man but the dreams of an animal who is being raised to become a piece of meat: trite, conventional, and imbecilic. …"

Is this what is going on with me? Perhaps this is the lesson...

Maybe this is going on with all of us but we just aren't aware of the program?

Here are a couple of other references from "Active Side of Infinity" by Carlos Castaneda:

Don Juan had a broad smile on his face. He was as pleased as punch. He explained that
sorcerers see infant human beings as strange, luminous balls of energy, covered from the top to
the bottom with a glowing coat, something like a plastic cover that is adjusted tightly over their
cocoon of energy. He said that that glowing coat of awareness was what the predators consumed,
and that when a human being reached adulthood, all that was left of that glowing coat of
awareness was a narrow fringe that went from the ground to the top of the toes. That fringe
permitted mankind to continue living, but only barely.

"In what way would the sorcerers' discipline be a deterrent?" I asked.
"Sorcerers say that discipline makes the glowing coat of awareness unpalatable to the flyer,"
don Juan said, scrutinizing my face as if to discover any signs of disbelief. "The result is that the
predators become bewildered. An inedible glowing coat of awareness is not part of their
cognition, I suppose. After being bewildered, they don't have any recourse other than refraining
from continuing their nefarious task.

I guess the predator doesn't mind if we have little flares of awareness to feed on but maybe doesn't want our coat to grow back completely?
If we find a missing sock it's OK but if we get too good at objective observation or self-rembering or self-reflection then the predator in us or around us gets a bit worried? I like the idea of becoming "inedible".

Gee, I would have never thought talking about lost and missing items would get this involved or interesting! :wow:

Meechel17 said:

Recently I lost my zippo and couldn't find it for 3 weeks, but then I found it behind another object. I put it there. I think, in such cases -- 99.9% of all such cases --, the lesson is that we should see and meditate upon how little aware we really are. If we can't even manage to pay attention to objects and every physical movement we do, how are we going to pay attention to much more elusive things like inner movements (like emotions or thought chains in us and others), things which are essential to pay attention to when we are doing the Work? That's a very humbling thought, at least for me, but there it is.

There is a saying, Hanlon's razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." I can't agree more.

On the other side, I think that when several items go missing (or break) in a short period of time, then it also could be a signal from our subconscious to our conscious minds, that we are 'missing' or 'damaging' something without realizing it. This can also be a symbol of lurking danger.

loreta said:
But some things disappear for true and there is no rational explication: I am talking about socks.

LOL! :lol: Yesterday I found four different socks in the washing machine. How can this ever be possible? :lol:

Data said:
Meechel17 said:

Recently I lost my zippo and couldn't find it for 3 weeks, but then I found it behind another object. I put it there. I think, in such cases -- 99.9% of all such cases --, the lesson is that we should see and meditate upon how little aware we really are. If we can't even manage to pay attention to objects and every physical movement we do, how are we going to pay attention to much more elusive things like inner movements (like emotions or thought chains in us and others), things which are essential to pay attention to when we are doing the Work? That's a very humbling thought, at least for me, but there it is.

There is a saying, Hanlon's razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." I can't agree more.

On the other side, I think that when several items go missing (or break) in a short period of time, then it also could be a signal from our subconscious to our conscious minds, that we are 'missing' or 'damaging' something without realizing it. This can also be a symbol of lurking danger.

loreta said:

LOL! :lol: Yesterday I found four different socks in the washing machine. How can this ever be possible? :lol:

I think this is totally true, I need to be more aware all the time. I let Christmas stress me out every year because of the differences between how I approach it and how my family approaches it. When I am stressed, I guess I zone out and stop paying attention. Thus becoming "imbecilic". Thanks Data for approaching this with a slightly different angle which really made me laugh out loud at myself. Okay, lessons identified, now to put them into practice.

Meechel17 said:
Data said:
Meechel17 said:

loreta said:

I think this is totally true, I need to be more aware all the time. I let Christmas stress me out every year because of the differences between how I approach it and how my family approaches it. When I am stressed, I guess I zone out and stop paying attention. Thus becoming "imbecilic". Thanks Data for approaching this with a slightly different angle which really made me laugh out loud at myself. Okay, lessons identified, now to put them into practice.

Guess what? I just found the battery charger! :clap: I wasn't even exactly looking for it (maybe I gave it to the devil and he didn't want it?). I was putting some box tape back in my closet and noticed the 9v battery charger in a small crate basket on the shelf (where I probably thought I knew where to find it?)

I like Data's Hanlon's razor above "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.". I've been looking for the charger for a month or more. This has been kind of "fun". :) I might be learning some things about blaming, projecting or not giving up the search and paying more attention? :read:

Data, maybe you will find the other 4 socks to match the ones in the washing machine? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom