Is Sott linked to Facebook now?

happyliza

The Living Force
I just tried to like and share an article on Sott. I was able to post it to Twitter but to do the other actions it will not let me. Instead a Facebook box comes up as thus:

book
Email or Phone:
Password:
Keep me logged in

Forgot password?

I don't seem to be able to get around this. It seems everything wants us to log in using FB now. Is anyone else having this problem. I didn't wish to have the two intricately connected like that, though we do share to FB.

Is there a workaround?
Thanks
:cool2:

As I understand it, you need to be logged in to FB to share something from Sott or to like it. Are you already logged in?

Are you logged in to facebook at the same time as trying to share? it sounds more like you aren't hence the log in request.

I just tried and did share something with no problem, but then i'm logged in already. I'm not entirely sure of your issue - you're trying to share something to FB using the like/share button on a Sott article and it requests a log in? Again, this should only happen if you aren't already logged in.

Also, if you ever do give permissions mistakenly, you can retract it by going to 'apps' and just deleting it.

If this doesn't help, what am i misunderstanding? :)

happyliza said:
I just tried to like and share an article on Sott. I was able to post it to Twitter but to do the other actions it will not let me. Instead a Facebook box comes up as thus:

On SOTT you are able to share a story on twitter, Stumbleupon, tumblr, Reddit, Blog about it, and Facebook. If you think about it you will need to log into any of these sites to be able to post it onto your account for the chosen site. How else would you be able to ensure that the post is placed under your account. I tried each one and I only received the log in status for Facebook when I used the Facebook share/like button.

Are you saying that by tying to post the material on reddit, for example, it asks you to log into Facebook? or is it only the Facebook share button?
Also note that the "SHARE" and "LIKE" buttons are designed for Facebook, they have a "F" (Facebook logo) before them and are blue. Maybe you thought using the Share button wasn't for Facebook.

From what you said, it sounds as if you may be using the same login information/email for sott and fb. If so, you may want to consider changing or creating a separate email account for fb and other social networking sites. Hope that made sense. If not, let me know.

Thank you everyone for your replies and suggestions. I thought I was already logged in to Facebook (I was wanting to share on Fb as usual). I had already been checking old posts on Fb

I realize the FB button is for FB but it was the first time - after 1000's of times of usage - that this login box appeared. So that is what confused me.

After what you guys have suggested it must have been that I had become logged out somehow. While I was waiting for advice I posted from Laura's site. I also refreshed everything.

I didn't log into FB from the box that appeared. However, after 15 minutes I tried Sott direct again and it worked correctly as it usually does. So must have been a gremlin - or a laptop/internet connection problem maybe.

What further got my attention was the fact the post I tried to share was the latest one about the Truth about Maiden/Ukraine where Instagram had already taken down the video!!!

Thanks again peeps - business as usual :D

You are right Truthseeker I do have the same login details for both. So will do as you advise. I have a password book now as so many to keep tabs on. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom