Iridology

Vulcan59

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
Hi all,

Anyone here has any experience with iridology? Here is what one website says about iridology:-
Iridology is a preventive, diagnostic method that permits the doctors to "read" every hidden disease in the eyes, long before the appearance of the symptoms. The eyes are not only the mirror of the soul, but also of the body. It is possible, with a diagnostic "reading" of the iris (the colored part of the eye), to discover all the weak parts of the organism, the latent tendencies, the crasis of the patient, his vitality, the condition of the organs and many others pathologies in progress. Iridology, as a science, was born in the previous century. Still, the ancient Greeks, Egyptians, and Chinese had understood the importance of the eye in order to examine the human's health. Hyppocrates said: "Behold the eyes, behold the body".

Iridology is a simple, painless, without radiation, quick and economic method, that helps the doctor to discover any constitutional weakness long before its clinical outbreak. It is the unique method that allows us to define the degree of stress and it presents the advantage to show the condition of the organism's health, panoramically, only with a look. Consequently, Iridology is precious to the diagnosis. The smartest way to profit by is to follow this method for preventive reasons. However, latest discoveries of Russian scientists promise a certain cure through the iris (irischromotherapy).

On the otherhand, there are other websites that state that iridology is nonsense.

I've always been rather interested in this but never had an exam done. One of my daughters did and was satisfied with it. Anybody else have it done?

About fifteen years ago I was given iridology by a therapist, who used it as a diagnostic method. I was very pleased with the resulting work done by that therapist. In fact, her partner, who was the first therapist I saw that day, examined my eye and immediately sent me to see her, as her method of treatment was more applicable to me. So, two practitioners who used it, and both of whom gave very swift diagnoses to the presenting problem.

Sounds interesting. Would it would be enough if one were to send a good quality picture of their irises to someone who practises this, or would it require of being physically present? Iridology doesn't sound like a form of diagnosis that is practised too often in my part of the world.

[quote author=Smallwood]
Iridology doesn't sound like a form of diagnosis that is practiced too often in my part of the world.
[/quote]

Smallwood, you are probably aware of this, but when you search with Google, just underneath your search box there are 2 tick boxes; Search • the web • pages from (whichever country you're in - Finland in your case).

So if you type *iridology* in the search field, and tick "pages from Finland", you'll find all the local pages related to your search, and thus all local iridologists.

Thanks for the tip, I knew about it but I was sort of predisposed to think that in Finland we didn't have them because I haven't heard anything like this existing at all. A couple of names turned up, so I will try contacting them on this issue.

Okay so I got myself an appointment with a naturopath who did use iridology for diagnosis. So the initial part was pretty standard questioning by the practitioner about my dietary habits and medical condition. I was careful not to say anything that was not asked and those that she did asked me, I just gave a "yes" or "no" answer, deliberately not giving too much information away.

Well eventually I sat down behind a machine, like the kind you find in any optometrist and she and then she spent a few minutes looking into each eye and writing down some notes.

At the end of all that she then explained what she saw and I must say there were at few issues that she could not have guess from the questioning. All in all I was pretty impressed and I am going to follow her dietary recommendations and supplements and see how that goes.

During the classes I took on Iridology, we were told that in the "old days" doctors always looked into both eyes of a patient using a form of Iridology before any diagnosis was complete. But, when the evidence of all the drugs people were being regularly prescribed began showing up in their eyes, along with the serious health problems those drugs were creating in people, doctors were strongly "encouraged" by certain major drug companies to eliminate the "iridology" from their diagnostic procedures.

It was thought that, if you don`t see it...then you don`t need to comment on it!

Drug residue is one of the first things you would notice, if you know where to look.

Vulcan59 said:
At the end of all that she then explained what she saw and I must say there were at few issues that she could not have guess from the questioning. All in all I was pretty impressed and I am going to follow her dietary recommendations and supplements and see how that goes.

When my daughter went, she similarly was pleased with diagnosis. However, we could see that some of the diet advice was way off. While iridologists may be able to read and diagnose, many of them are not up-to-date on the latest alternative diet research.

I've had an iris analysis done a couple of times. Actually I can't remember much of what was said the first time, being a very long time ago. I only remember being given a bunch of homeopathic remedies, that however did seem to have some kind of positive effect on my asthma. The second time was more recently, where both a student and her teacher were doing observations. They both did seem to come to the same conclusions, and could pinpoint some problems with my stomach, as well as some other things that where right on, as well as some things I'm not able to confirm. I was given a few dietary recommendations as well as some supplements (many of which I was already taking) and homeopathic remedies. All in all they seemed very genuine, and was told I could call if I had any further questions.

Smallwood,

several iris maps can be found via image search engines. these three look pretty acurate:

_www.iridology.hk/images/iridology%20chart.jpg

_www.holistichealthcollege.com/images/Iris_chart.jpg

_www.goodfoodconspiracynorth.com/Better%20Health/Better%20Health%20Images/iri.chart.gif

When my daughter went, she similarly was pleased with diagnosis. However, we could see that some of the diet advice was way off. While iridologists may be able to read and diagnose, many of them are not up-to-date on the latest alternative diet research.

Yes agreed although in my case she actually asked me for my blood type and after I told her that I was A+, she suggested that I was better off with a more vegetarian diet. But her basic advise was to stay off high glycemic food types and she gave me a list to identify them.

I had a iris reading about 10 y ago. The therapist told me about the state of my internal organs, level of toxicity, whether they were healthy or not. But any dietary prescription is always up to one's own knowledge about it.

So to me it was a good tool to see where the sickness was lying, then one has to find its own medicine.

I remember from a book I've bought at the time that in some cases it was very difficult read the eyes properly, as you may have congenital 'scratches' on the iris that are in no way (supposedly ;-) linked the your own 'well-being'.

Constitutional Iridology

Hi folks,

I have a confession which I was chastised about from my dear wife who looked at me with those raised eyebrows and that look that says much.
It all started while reading the various posts concerning Iridology; for which my wife has practiced from time to time along with her other health practices over many years. Now I was thinking that I could add to this discussion with some data from her various books as I must admit this subject had captured my attention years ago when fist introduced to the concept.

Given the above, I reviewed some details in her book which is written below in part 2 and for which I have not changed a word of since (doted a few I’s and crossed a few T’s only). The problem was, as my partner so corrected me, was what I wrote about in Part 2 was on the subject of Rayid and not exactly on the pure subject of Iridology.

Now when I tried to post the original, now so named Part 2, I had problems with the website timing out; I just moved off of dial-up (honestly it just was not available) so my skills are lacking in this faster high-speed world. I tried again but was told something or other which I interpreted as being a double entry type thing, ‘but I thought I got it!’

I now know that I failed miserably in my endeavours to post and stand here to correct my error with data on Constitutional Iridology – please bear with me.
This data comes from the book called ‘Constitutional Iridology’ and is written by a fellow by the name of Steven H. Horne.
Steven says “…is about using Iridology to assess a person’s constitution.” Which is basic inherent physical and emotional make-up.

Now Iridology shares synthesis with Part 2 Rayid as that book deals with emotional and some physical which is why I was messed up in the first place – Mercury Retrograde?

So continuing it seems to say that there is a link between personality tendencies and ailment relationships; which is also a traditional medical stance. Steve writes, “When one understands the concept of constitutions, one can see why three people who abuse their bodies in exactly the same way can wind up with different health problems.” Cancer, heart or ripe old age he says.

Steve describes the three different schools of thought in American Iridology. These are he says, “…Dr. Bernard Jensen’s model, the German constitutional approach and the Rayid method of personality analysis.” And, “Dr. Jensen taught that the iris revealed tissue conditions (levels of inflammation or degeneration) in the body…he also claimed that the iris reflected changes in the body through markings he called healing lines.”

This was all based on early information from German – iridology was developed by medical doctors. It is noted that, “More recent medical research from Germany suggests that the iris does not mirror tissue conditions.” This is in reference to Jensen’s healing lines (tissue).

It was a fellow named Denny Johnson who developed the third model of the Iris (personality/emotional). Steve say’s that Denny was not trained in the physical of Iridology, “…and hence, his observations were not “coloured” by what had previously been done in Iris analysis.” This is Rayid (see part 2).

Ancillary – “ray” and “id”, sheds light and the latter, a Freudian thing about “animal instincts or child in all of us.” (humm Freud?).

However, what Steve say’s is all the models have value, “For me, the value of iridology lies not in its ability to tell us what is wrong with our bodies, but rather where are our bodies are likely to break down under stress.” So basically cause and effects of the constitutional body.
So that in a brief is the background and I will not go on as you can delve into this if interested. I will end with a few iris descriptors from this book;
1. Eye Fibre Colouring – many thin lines moving from pupil to outside of your iris (iris fibres).
a) White fibres
b) Dark grey or black fibres
c) Discoloured Fibres
d) Lucunas - small rounded (closed/open) opening in the structure of the iris fibres. Position on iris related to body function. There are also honeycomb and diamond shaped.
2. Psori – spot of pigment or colour over the surface of the iris fibre (pigment).
3. Transversals – lines which cross or run counter to normal fibre structure.
4. Radii Solaris – A dark, black line radiating from centre outward.
There are three major iris types;
1. Blue-Eyed Type (German: Lymphatic)
2. Mixed-Eyed Type (German: Billiary)
3. Brown-Eyed Type (German: Hematogenic)

There are of course specific discolouration groups (a – f) and four fibre structure types; gets into Rayid type – see comments from Part 2.
And from then on the book details sub groupings, eye charts and constitution issues and there are descriptions of herbal remedies for specific aliments.

I quizzed my wife about her experiences and she said that some of her first diagnosis centered on others in her group and with one in particular there was a Lucuna type spot corresponding to the breast function which turned out to be a cyst and other indicators of personalities. I asked her about this as it sounded close to Astrology which she confirmed as being similar in some aspects.

She gets the same results from people doing reflexology as related to body functions and can work these areas out where as with iridology she feels uncomfortable with making diagnosis as people are always asking “what’s wrong with me” and don’t generally want to be told or if telling, this can create difficulties which she usually then refers to medical practitioners – our country is funny about these things; especially in small rural areas.
She says the Rayid aspects are interesting and have proven accurate under careful observation and questioning.
Well that’s it for Part 1 as I am sure I only scribed about .02% of what there is to unpack but hopefully that may give the reader a few lines to turn around in the mind if interested.

Part 2 - Rayid

My partner is a trained Iridologist and massage therapist and although she seldom practices this craft she stands by its validity. I on the other hand am a layman and have noodle through one of her books called ‘What the Eye Reveals’ and was somewhat fascinated by the ‘Stream Characteristics’ which is fibrous compositions and representations. The book is focused (no pun intended) on the Rayid Method of Iris Interpretation initiated in the 1970’s. It seems a little New Age’y to me but it discusses hemispheric dominance, Left/Right brain and general constitutional conditions.

For those interested in Kirilian photographs there are a few pictures of Auras; I think of fingertips before and after clearing which seem quite striking.
The base structures of the iris seem to be of four types; one the Flower, Stream, Jewels, Shaker respectively. There are combination patterning for R/L-brain female, R/L-brain male and genetic clues or traits; dots, dashes, blotches etc positioned on the Iris.

My wife has a hand held concaved mirror with a light that you hold against your head and can self-visualize your eye – interesting indeed but Greek to me as I have not taken the time to properly interpret.

There are ‘Rings of Harmony, freedom, purpose, determination’ etc and there was two things that struck me with interest; one being that “DNA as the Puppeteer” and the importance when making analysis of the position of the iris affecting every other position (trait) being complex interrelationships and staying clear in the big picture (lots of eye puns – sorry) with consultations. The book also discusses as stated above “In a sense, DNA is a master puppeteer that controls a person’s behaviour. Individual flowers and jewels in the iris indicate the points of attachment of the puppet strings that determine the variations in someone’s personality. At the other end, deep in the unconscious, these puppet strings are attached to the two opposing strands of the double helix of DNA…The overall effect of the subconscious mechanisms of control is far more important than the details of how and why a person exhibits a specific behavioural trait. In other words, it is far more important to understand the overwhelming power of the puppeteer than it is to go into detail about the location of the points of attachment of the strings on the puppet. Remember: don’t get lost in the details!”

Well sometimes the devil is in the details but I think this here is related to the smorgasbord of interpretive analysis that can lead one astray.
On one page there is ‘Sibling Sequence Patterns’, ‘Relationship Patterns’ (interesting stuff on opposites attracting) and on another ‘Universal Therapies’. There is description of periphery rings such as hardening of the arteries and hardening of the attitudes (kind of liked that analogy), rings of Sodium and Dependency that discus tendency toward fixations and intolerances; it is noted that some of these things take 40 – 60 years to develop on the Iris – make sense depending on how one develops in life.

There was another part about something called the “Lacuna” which I think was some kind of band and if in one type of arrangement or another denoted certain psychosis issues (this was from memory - I got that wrong) which I now cannot seem to find in the book, however, my wife discussed this with me once and it might well be in one of her other books.

Well, that’s about all I know about Iridology and I apologise for not being more erudite here but perhaps there is someone out there who can scribe in a more informative way.

Well thank you and keep well

I went to an iridologist a few days ago and it was an interesting experience. I mostly went there to see whether there might be any chance from her point of view that I may have a cancer, but also out of curiosity.

At first she conducted the homeopathic interview and then went on to iris-reading. Towards the end she offered a lot of help and suggestions on how improve my health overall (mostly from nutritional angle). She gave the basic instructions like avoid sugar, processed foods with which I was already familiar with reading this forum, but also went on to suggest some homeopathic medicines and supplements (I don't have the list at hand, but I will surely be looking into them). She recommended low-carb diet for me, as well as the blood-type diet. Have to read more on those. One problematic item she recommended was spelt, which is glutenic.

I didn't tell beforehand to her what I suspected ailed me and she didn't ask at any point. The conclusions that she came to about my health problems weren't quite what I expected, meaning that I didn't expect her to focus on them specifically. Nevertheless, they were very real issues that I have been aware of previously, and thus on the money. If I wanted to be unreasonably skeptic, I could put it all down to cold-reading, but seeing that others have had generally the same experience I conclude that there is something to it. Even if all of the things she found could be figured out from my physical appearance, posture, skin and so on, as well as the answers I provided in the interview, I figure practising such "cold-reading" for a dayjob would be quite straining. I think it is way more likely that iridology works and those so vehemently criticizing it are just deranged as seems to be the case very often when it comes to those die-hard skeptics.

Back
Top Bottom