Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Where do you get your iodine loading tests done?
Hi Cassandra, there we go

Laborleistungen - LgM

The lab is for therapeuts but you can use it. It was simple and they did a reliable job.
You collect your urine as described- send it to the lab with the following information:
-your name, adress, date of birth
-he test you're asking for- like 'iodine loading test according to procedures'
- total amount of 24-hours-urine collection.
They will also check your creatinine.
You'll receive your result and the invoice a couple of days later.
They won't help you with 'reading' the result though.
The cost were 30,15 €IMG_20200806_120944717_1.jpg

I hope I could be of help.

Knowing this is all individual but maybe describing the protocol coming from iodine defiency to saturation, how long it took and what dosages were taken, might be helpful for others. I had another iodine loading test after 7 months of intake.

February- 1 drop Lugol's 5% and went up to 8 drops (50mg) in the run of 2 weeks.
March- between 4-8 drops with occasional breaks for 2 days.
April 3-8 drops, but mostly 8 drops- occasional 2-day-breaks
May - mostly 8 drops- occasional breaks
I increased the dose in quick steps for June and July:
8°- 10°- 20°- 32° (200mg)- back to 21°- 32°- up to 48 drops (300mg).
So I took high doses for about 7 weeks
I've cut down on it now since I don't feel as if the problem still exists and will take about 12 drops (75mg) for now.
will do another iodine loading test soon.
I did one 5 weeks after starting the protocol- result was 49% excretion.
That is after morning urine, intake of 50 mg Lugol's and then collecting your urine for 24hours. They say when your iodine level is saturated you eliminate about 93% of the iodine via your urine. So 49% showed a very low iodine level.
I will keep you posted how the next loading test turns out.

The result came in today. I'm obviously saturated since I excreted more iodine than I took that day (50mg).
I excreted 149% of that amount and will have a break for 2 or 3 days now and then will find a dosage for maintanance. I add a photo of the result, maybe @Gaby could be so kind and have a look?
Any suggestions?

118188520_295706508397635_2349239615959757185_n.jpg

The result came in today. I'm obviously saturated since I excreted more iodine than I took that day (50mg).
I excreted 149% of that amount and will have a break for 2 or 3 days now and then will find a dosage for maintanance. I add a photo of the result, maybe @Gaby could be so kind and have a look?
Any suggestions?

Your guess will be just as good as mine. I've stopped taking iodine regularly, except for a few doses any now and then. Perhaps you can maintain your dose a few times per week, every two days or so.

Your guess will be just as good as mine. I've stopped taking iodine regularly, except for a few doses any now and then. Perhaps you can maintain your dose a few times per week, every two days or so.
Thank you much, Gaby, for your quick reply.
How do you handle the companions like selen, VitB2 and B3, if I might ask? Do you take them daily in the required amount or only when you take iodine?

How do you handle the companions like selen, VitB2 and B3, if I might ask? Do you take them daily in the required amount or only when you take iodine?

I take B2 nearly every day, and B3 around three times per week (or when I remember, which could be much less than that). It depends on your needs, regardless if you take iodine or not.

I have methylation issues, so B2 is a must for me. B3 gives me energy and helps me focus. So I guess I would monitor and see how it goes.

Decidí informarme sobre el yodo gracias a la información entregada en este foro. Compré un frasco de Lugol de 2%, pero antes de comenzar a tomarlo, fui a ver a un médico endocrinólogo. Me indicó exámenes de sangre, entre los cuales estaban vitamina D, colesterol y hormona luteinizante (LH).

Según los resultados del examen de sangre, tengo insuficiente vitamina D, ácido úrico, eritrocitos, hematrocitos y hemoglobina. Y tengo el colesterol LDL alto. La falta de vitamina D y la anemia coincide con mi bajo estado de ánimo y energía durante este tiempo.

La hormona luteinizante está en rango normal.

El lunes regresaré donde el médico, el que probablemente me indicará sólo tomar vitamina D y fierro por la anemia.

Respecto al colesterol LDL alto, entiendo que puede estar relacionado con la falta de vitamina D, así que debería regularse cuando comience la ingesta de esa vitamina.

¿Qué recomiendan hacer respecto a la ingesta de yodo? ¿No tomo yodo porque estoy en el rango normal? ¿Tomo yodo junto a la vitamina D y el fierro (más la vitamina c, vitamina B, magnesio y el selenio que se aconsejan para tomar lugol)? ¿No tomo yodo ahora y espero terminar el tratamiento con vitamina D y fierro?

Estos son los resultados del examen:

LH: 3.8 mUI/mL (Valores de referencia; método Quimioluminiscencia: HOMBRE ADULTO : 0.8 - 7.6 mUI/mL)

VITAMINA D: 10.5 ng/mL (Rango de Referencia de Endocrin Society - USA): Suficiencia: mayor o igual a 30 ng/mL)

ACIDO URICO 3.24 mg/dL (Rango: 3.4 - 7.0 )

ERITROCITOS 4.5 x10^6/uL (Rango: 4.7 - 6.1 )
HEMATOCRITO 40.3 % (Rango: 42 - 52 )
HEMOGLOBINA 13.4 g/dL (Rango: 14.0 - 18.0)

COLESTEROL TOTAL 210 mg/dL (Rango: 100 - 200 )
TRIGLICERIDOS 61 mg/dL (Rango 30 - 150 )
COLESTEROL HDL 69.4 mg/dL (Rango > 40 - )
COLESTEROL LDL 128.4 mg/dL (Rango < 120 - )
COLESTEROL VLDL 12.2 mg/dL
COLESTEROL TOTAL / COL HDL 3.0 (Rango: 0 - 5 )

I decided to find out about iodine thanks to the information provided in this forum. I bought a bottle of 2% Lugol, but before I started taking it, I went to see an endocrinologist. He gave me blood tests, including vitamin D, cholesterol, and luteinizing hormone (LH).

Based on the results of the blood test, I have insufficient vitamin D, uric acid, erythrocytes, hematrocytes, and hemoglobin. And I have high LDL cholesterol. Lack of vitamin D and anemia match my low mood and energy during this time.

Luteinizing hormone is in the normal range.

On Monday I will return to the doctor, who will probably tell me to only take vitamin D and iron for the anemia.

Regarding high LDL cholesterol, I understand that it may be related to a lack of vitamin D, so it should be regulated when you start taking that vitamin.

What do you recommend doing about iodine intake? Am I not taking iodine because I am in the normal range? Do I take iodine together with vitamin D and iron (plus vitamin C, vitamin B, magnesium and selenium that are recommended to take lugol)? Am I not taking iodine now and hope to finish the vitamin D and iron treatment?

These are the test results:

LH: 3.8 mIU / mL (Reference values; Chemiluminescence method: ADULT MAN: 0.8 - 7.6 mIU / mL)

VITAMIN D: 10.5 ng / mL (Endocrin Society Reference Range - USA): Sufficiency: greater than or equal to 30 ng / mL)

URIC ACID 3.24 mg / dL (Range: 3.4 - 7.0)

ERYTHROCYTES 4.5 x10 ^ 6 / uL (Range: 4.7 - 6.1)
HEMATOCRITE 40.3% (Range: 42 - 52)
HEMOGLOBIN 13.4 g / dL (Range: 14.0 - 18.0)

TOTAL CHOLESTEROL 210 mg / dL (Range: 100 - 200)
TRIGLYCERIDES 61 mg / dL (Range 30 - 150)
HDL CHOLESTEROL 69.4 mg / dL (Range> 40 -)
LDL CHOLESTEROL 128.4 mg / dL (Range <120 -)
VLDL CHOLESTEROL 12.2 mg / dL
TOTAL CHOLESTEROL / COL HDL 3.0 (Range: 0 - 5)

Last edited:
Liste des compléments alimentaires que je prends chaque jour :
Directement au lever le matin : ½ cuillère à café de sel marin Celtic dans un grand verre d'eau
2 à 3 fois par semaine : Lugol 3 gouttes 12% dans un verre d'eau suite problème thyroïde (vu avec Gaby)
Petit déjeuner : 2 cuillerées à café de Glycine qui adoucit mon thé
Directement avec le petit-déjeuner (bol de thé) : 1 comprimé super vitamine B complexe,
1 comprimé sélénium, 1 gélule vitamine D, 1 comprimé Vit A, 1 Glutathione
1 heure après 3 grammes L-Arginine un jour sur deux
1 cuillerée à café Vitamine C dans un verre d’eau un jour sur deux
Directement après le déjeuner midi : Chardon-Marie 1 comprimé ou 1 comprimé de NAC,
1 comprimé Probiotique
Au coucher : 1 comprimé Mélatonine

Depuis une semaine j'ai une petite grosseur sous l'omoplate droite qui me fait mal, je pense que ce n'est qu'un kyste graisseux mais je pense à le faire enlever car il est mal placé et me fait souffrir au moindre contact...
Je souffre également de mon genoux droit.
Je les ai traité tous les deux avec DMSO sans résultat...
Comment réduire la souffrance ?...
J'ai du Flector et pensait à l'utiliser sur mon genoux. Et du Locoïd pour mon kyste en attendant l'intervention chirurgicale...

Qu'en pense notre médecin Gaby ? Merci d'avance pour vos réponses... LOVE

List of the food supplements I take every day :
Directly in the morning: ½ teaspoon of Celtic sea salt in a large glass of water
2 to 3 times a week: Lugol 3 drops 12% in a glass of water following thyroid problem (seen with Gaby)
Breakfast: 2 teaspoons of Glycine which softens my tea
Directly with the breakfast (bowl of tea): 1 tablet super vitamin B complex,
1 tablet selenium, 1 capsule vitamin D, 1 tablet Vit A, 1 Glutathione
1 hour after 3 grams L-Arginine every other day
1 teaspoon Vitamin C in a glass of water every other day
Directly after lunch: Milk Thistle 1 tablet or 1 tablet of NAC,
1 tablet Probiotic
At bedtime: 1 tablet Melatonin

Since a week I have a small lump under the right scapula that hurts me, I think it's just a fatty cyst but I'm thinking of having it removed because it's badly placed and makes me suffer at the slightest contact...
I also suffer from my right knee.
I have treated them both with DMSO without any result...
How can I reduce the pain?...
I have Flector and was thinking of using it on my knee. And Locoid for my cyst while waiting for surgery...

What does our doctor Gaby think about it? Thank you in advance for your answers... LOVE

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Decidí informarme sobre el yodo gracias a la información entregada en este foro. Compré un frasco de Lugol de 2%, pero antes de comenzar a tomarlo, fui a ver a un médico endocrinólogo. Me indicó exámenes de sangre, entre los cuales estaban vitamina D, colesterol y hormona luteinizante (LH).

Según los resultados del examen de sangre, tengo insuficiente vitamina D, ácido úrico, eritrocitos, hematrocitos y hemoglobina. Y tengo el colesterol LDL alto. La falta de vitamina D y la anemia coincide con mi bajo estado de ánimo y energía durante este tiempo.

La hormona luteinizante está en rango normal.

El lunes regresaré donde el médico, el que probablemente me indicará sólo tomar vitamina D y fierro por la anemia.

Respecto al colesterol LDL alto, entiendo que puede estar relacionado con la falta de vitamina D, así que debería regularse cuando comience la ingesta de esa vitamina.

¿Qué recomiendan hacer respecto a la ingesta de yodo? ¿No tomo yodo porque estoy en el rango normal? ¿Tomo yodo junto a la vitamina D y el fierro (más la vitamina c, vitamina B, magnesio y el selenio que se aconsejan para tomar lugol)? ¿No tomo yodo ahora y espero terminar el tratamiento con vitamina D y fierro?

Estos son los resultados del examen:

LH: 3.8 mUI/mL (Valores de referencia; método Quimioluminiscencia: HOMBRE ADULTO : 0.8 - 7.6 mUI/mL)

VITAMINA D: 10.5 ng/mL (Rango de Referencia de Endocrin Society - USA): Suficiencia: mayor o igual a 30 ng/mL)

ACIDO URICO 3.24 mg/dL (Rango: 3.4 - 7.0 )

ERITROCITOS 4.5 x10^6/uL (Rango: 4.7 - 6.1 )
HEMATOCRITO 40.3 % (Rango: 42 - 52 )
HEMOGLOBINA 13.4 g/dL (Rango: 14.0 - 18.0)

COLESTEROL TOTAL 210 mg/dL (Rango: 100 - 200 )
TRIGLICERIDOS 61 mg/dL (Rango 30 - 150 )
COLESTEROL HDL 69.4 mg/dL (Rango > 40 - )
COLESTEROL LDL 128.4 mg/dL (Rango < 120 - )
COLESTEROL VLDL 12.2 mg/dL
COLESTEROL TOTAL / COL HDL 3.0 (Rango: 0 - 5 )

I decided to find out about iodine thanks to the information provided in this forum. I bought a bottle of 2% Lugol, but before I started taking it, I went to see an endocrinologist. He gave me blood tests, including vitamin D, cholesterol, and luteinizing hormone (LH).

Based on the results of the blood test, I have insufficient vitamin D, uric acid, erythrocytes, hematrocytes, and hemoglobin. And I have high LDL cholesterol. Lack of vitamin D and anemia match my low mood and energy during this time.

Luteinizing hormone is in the normal range.

On Monday I will return to the doctor, who will probably tell me to only take vitamin D and iron for the anemia.

Regarding high LDL cholesterol, I understand that it may be related to a lack of vitamin D, so it should be regulated when you start taking that vitamin.

What do you recommend doing about iodine intake? Am I not taking iodine because I am in the normal range? Do I take iodine together with vitamin D and iron (plus vitamin C, vitamin B, magnesium and selenium that are recommended to take lugol)? Am I not taking iodine now and hope to finish the vitamin D and iron treatment?

These are the test results:

LH: 3.8 mIU / mL (Reference values; Chemiluminescence method: ADULT MAN: 0.8 - 7.6 mIU / mL)

VITAMIN D: 10.5 ng / mL (Endocrin Society Reference Range - USA): Sufficiency: greater than or equal to 30 ng / mL)

URIC ACID 3.24 mg / dL (Range: 3.4 - 7.0)

ERYTHROCYTES 4.5 x10 ^ 6 / uL (Range: 4.7 - 6.1)
HEMATOCRITE 40.3% (Range: 42 - 52)
HEMOGLOBIN 13.4 g / dL (Range: 14.0 - 18.0)

TOTAL CHOLESTEROL 210 mg / dL (Range: 100 - 200)
TRIGLYCERIDES 61 mg / dL (Range 30 - 150)
HDL CHOLESTEROL 69.4 mg / dL (Range> 40 -)
LDL CHOLESTEROL 128.4 mg / dL (Range <120 -)
VLDL CHOLESTEROL 12.2 mg / dL
TOTAL CHOLESTEROL / COL HDL 3.0 (Range: 0 - 5)

Hi Cordillera,

May I ask, what is your purpose for taking iron? Is it simply based on the low hematocrit/hemoglobin?

As you are under an endocrinologist, what is your diagnosis specifically?

Hi Cordillera,

May I ask, what is your purpose for taking iron? Is it simply based on the low hematocrit/hemoglobin?

As you are under an endocrinologist, what is your diagnosis specifically?

Thanks for worrying. I am only speculating on the indications that the doctor will give me, since only on Monday I am going to bring him the results of the exams. I presume that he will diagnose me with anemia and tell me to take iron. Maybe not so.

Regarding vitamin D, he told me that if I am low in that vitamin, he will indicate high doses.

Maybe I should have waited for my appointment on Monday before asking in the forum, but since my energy has been low, I wanted to take advantage of writing yesterday in the forum, since I was a little more emotionally regulated.

KEYHOLE, si vous avez un avis sur mon cas, je serais heureuse que vous le partagiez... Merci d'avance

KEYHOLE, if you have an opinion on my case, I would be happy for you to share it... Thank you in advance

J'ai du Flector et pensait à l'utiliser sur mon genoux. Et du Locoïd pour mon kyste en attendant l'intervention chirurgicale...

Qu'en pense notre médecin Gaby ? Merci d'avance pour vos réponses... LOVE

That is a good plan, Perlou. Gonarthrosis gives a lot of pain, but some people respond to treatments offered by traumatologists, i.e. injections with hyaluronic acid. There's also percutaneous hydrotomy which has good results. Unfortunately, these therapies involve pinching with needles. Some people have less pain with collagen treatments which are powders rich in amino acids, chondroitin and glucosamine. The later too can be found in a good bone broth.

Thanks for worrying. I am only speculating on the indications that the doctor will give me, since only on Monday I am going to bring him the results of the exams. I presume that he will diagnose me with anemia and tell me to take iron. Maybe not so.

Hello,

The hemogram is incomplete. There are other parameters other than hemobloglobin and hematocrit which could reveal if this is an iron deficiency mild anemia or not. If the rest of the hemogram was normal, then iron deficiency anemia is unlikely. Also, testing for ferritin and iron saturation could give more information about your iron deposits. Without dose, I wouldn't take iron as it could "oxidize" your body.

The hemogram is incomplete. There are other parameters other than hemobloglobin and hematocrit which could reveal if this is an iron deficiency mild anemia or not. If the rest of the hemogram was normal, then iron deficiency anemia is unlikely. Also, testing for ferritin and iron saturation could give more information about your iron deposits. Without dose, I wouldn't take iron as it could "oxidize" your body.

@Cordillera I was about to say the same thing --- the bloods you have had done are not sufficient to identify whether anemia is an issue or not. The hemoglobin marker can change for a wide variety of reasons other than iron status.

Furthermore, genuine iron-deficient anemia is not common in males unless there is an underlying root cause. Iron is one of the few nutrients which has the capacity to cause a lot of damage if supplemented in the wrong context. Please hold off on taking supplemental iron.

Ma très chère Gaby, si j'ai bien compris en attendant de me faire charcuter, le LocoÏd pour ma grosseur sous mon omoplate droite est OK et Flector sur mon genou droit est OK...
J'ai commencé hier et c'est vrai qu'il y a une légère amélioration mais je doute que cela soit suffisant...

My dearest Gaby, if I understood correctly while waiting to be butchered, the LocoÏd for my size under my right shoulder blade is OK and Flector on my right knee is OK...
I started yesterday and it's true that there is a slight improvement but I doubt that it will be enough...

Voici quelques jours que je me mets de la crème Locoïd sur mon kyste qui me fait vraiment moins souffrir...
Au point où je me demande si je dois me faire charcuter... A suivre...
La douleur de mon genou s'est également calmée avec la crème Flector...
Un grand Merci GABY pour vos bons soins et bons conseils...

I've been applying Locoid cream on my cyst for a few days now, which really makes me suffer less...
To the point where I'm wondering if I should have my skin cut off... To be continued...
The pain in my knee has also calmed down with Flector cream...
A big thank you GABY for your good care and good advice...

Back
Top Bottom