Iodine and Potassium Iodide

I understand that this is a very long thread. You should read it before taking iodine or potassium iodide. It will give you information and warnings so you don't hurt yourself and your children.
Also reading David Brownstein and/or Lynn Farrow's book to complete the picture.
I've been catching up with this thread, and I have to say, there are many other subjects and interesting info atached to the use of Iodine, cofactors, salt and others, but the most interesting is the effect it has on the whole body. IMO

We were very enthusiastic on the early days and research plus testimonials support this excitement, but overall, iodine is not that easy to use. People who have a high toxic load and/or who are very diseased are advised to start with basics - dietary and lifestyle changes plus well tolerated detox protocols such as vitamins and Far Infrared Sauna. I remember that even the main forums for iodine research recommended in the books quoted above suggested "prepping up for iodine" after a year or so. Let's keep in mind that a lot of the lugol research of the early days took place before the "21st Century Stress Pandemic".

but overall, iodine is not that easy to use.

Iodine has one tricky property. It shouldn't be taken in certain small amounts which people usually start from. In my opinion, start dose should be between 50 and 100 mg, high enough not to feed pathogens, and low enough not to make problems with toxic salts in the body. I advise such a start in my group, and people don't react badly, even if they earlier started with low doses, and had huge problems. There are few thousand members in that group, and I talk privately with anybody who writes to me. There are some dozens such people, everybody is content with Iodine, but miracles happen at doses starting from 500mg. If one didn't try 1000 mg Iodine for a few days, one doesn't know what is its potential unfortunatelly.

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer, it give me a little hope.

Tomorrow, I take 100 mg of Iodine instead of 50 mg. Do I have to do it (100 mg) every time?

I had changed the catch: currently, I take 4 times 50 mg the day and sometimes 50 mg at night if I wake up suffering.

I will give you details of my case in a future message.

cordially

Chantal

Iodine has one tricky property. It shouldn't be taken in certain small amounts which people usually start from. In my opinion, start dose should be between 50 and 100 mg, high enough not to feed pathogens, and low enough not to make problems with toxic salts in the body. I advise such a start in my group, and people don't react badly, even if they earlier started with low doses, and had huge problems. There are few thousand members in that group, and I talk privately with anybody who writes to me. There are some dozens such people, everybody is content with Iodine, but miracles happen at doses starting from 500mg. If one didn't try 1000 mg Iodine for a few days, one doesn't know what is its potential unfortunatelly.

Hi. Which group is this and is there any evidence that certain low doses can cause huge problems? The consensus here is to start extremely low, with doses few and far between, as some members experienced pretty horrific side effects from starting with too much too fast.

Hi. Which group is this and is there any evidence that certain low doses can cause huge problems? The consensus here is to start extremely low, with doses few and far between, as some members experienced pretty horrific side effects from starting with too much too fast.
The group is in Polish. So, bring any real example with more precise data about dose.
There is many studies about growing danger with the height of the dose. I read one where doses up to 2 mg were tested. Much more problems than with 50 mg, or 100 mg. Or other question - anybody started with 50 mg and had had a huge, horrific side effects? What kind of effects?

Check those two comments from the current thread:
Hello.

I wanted to share my recent experiences and Lessons with Lugols 5%.
I introduced it 2 years ago, and had detox effects but they were mainly psychical. I paused some weeks and In the meantime, I got all Amalgamfillings removed and made some detox.

I just took 1 drop oral diluted in water from time to time, mostly in combination with Selenium, B2, Mg citrate, VC, Salt or just put some drops on skin rashes or used it topically to lower menstruation cramps.

I started the next "honest" round of oral consumption in November this year with all recommended supplements (except VB3 nonflushing niacinamide - I do not like the sensations that arise from it). I added sylimarin and Cod liveroil. Sometimes grapefruit seedextract.

I should have been waiting by taking a higher dose and should have quit when signs of overload ocure, but I survived and for the future I will really go slow and stop immediately when experiencing any of the symptoms I had the last weeks. Seems I am more toxic than I have thought and have overloaded my system.

22.Nov:
2 drops - nothing happened.

23.Nov:
3 drops - Headache, different vision,

24.Nov:
3 drops - EXTREME Dizziness, Pain in some bodyparts, different vision but
the evening was fine - mainly no symptoms

25.Nov:
3 drops -same as Friday; felt a part of brain behind the eyes;

26.Nov:
3 drops on the heel - dizziness

27.Nov:
1 drop - mild discomfort in the evening

28.Nov:
2 drops - ziehen muscles round the breast

29.Nov:
2 drops - i was tired every day when getting up even when sleeping long - but not today. I had ENERGY in the morning! That was something New!
Slight discomfort when swallowing.

30.Nov:
2 drops - felt fine, so clear and full of energy

1.Dec:
3 drops: zischer in right shoulder, a bit more sentimental, just minor discomfort

2.Dec:
6 Drops topically on the skin
Ears start to rang but I felt full of energy but also hyperactive) and heatsensitivity.
I discovered in the evening something great: I felt always pain when putting fingers on every point of my scalp but that pain was gone. Maybe some metal or halogendetox? Do you know the massagedevice with many metal strains to massage your scalp? The usage felt so extremely fine and gave me a feeling that you should never stop to massage me with this. That is gone. I do not like metal-strains on my scalp anymore.

3.Dec:
2 drops
tearing round the heart, a starting sore throat (but was exposed to cold air late yesterday evening),

4.Dec:
1 drop BUT 4 drops on the skin
Anxiety, panic, insomnia, slight swelling of the thyroid - nearly went to the Emergency - salt loading did a great thing!

5.Dec:
1 drop
circulation problems, anxiety, vivid dreams - smoking tabac helped me to calm down

6.Dec:
1 drop - lymphnodes swollen on the right shoulder, heartpalpitations, anxiety
added extra Mg,

7:Dec:
just supplements, noises in my head (like splitting crystals), higher heartbeat but OK.

8.Dec:
panikattack with dizziness, slight thyroidswelling,
in the evening: relaxation

9.Dec:
just supplements; feel a bit tired, eczema on the ear, pain left shoulder if someone is squeezing from the inside - but no constant pain)

10.Dec:
just supplements;
dizziness, anxious, pain left shoulder (lymph?)

11.Dec:
just supplements;
much earwax, had problems with my ears for the last years but this feels better now.
Introduced skin brushing and infrared light.

Overall I have more energy and are really awake in the morning, something I have not known for the last years. But I will be cautious the next time and will start low with one drop on the heel for

Never even got to the 8-16 drops dose. And had problems. Although he managed all protocol and more.

To be honest, I had little to no detox symptoms when taking mega-doses (upwards of 150mg) 1.5 years ago. Then I took a month or so break and came back with much lower doses and experienced more detox symptoms. My rationale as to why it happened this way was because I was so depleted in the beginning. Therefore, all of the iodine was consumed by empty receptor sites before there was any left left over to detox.

I'm not sure it works quite like that but recently I've had to spend about 3 months of slowly working my way back up to taking one drop daily. Starting out, I couldn't take a single drop 2 days in a row without getting a headache. Sometimes this would happen even with a 2 day break. Now I'm fine with a daily dose, save for a few skin rashes that itch sometimes but don't bother me otherwise. Those too, are subsiding however and yesterday I actually took a double dose (2 drops of 10%) without issue.

"Mega doses" caused no detox syntomps. Lower doses made a problem. Doubling dose often solves problem.

Also check the session 2015-11-21 for explanations why low doses make problems.

Also check the session 2015-11-21 for explanations why low doses make problems.

@Kenny McCormick ,

I think this is session is a key to understanding many reactions people are having to the Iodine (although some are more sensitive to it probably due to genetics). There is an old saying "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger".

Session 21 November 2015:
Q: (L) Well the only thing I know to help others be ready is by informing them, letting them know what's going on, and trying to help them get ahold of their health. If they don't have their health, they aren't able to cope with anything. They're not able to cope with life as it is much less if it gets any weirder or worse. So, on that point, let me ask about this iodine therapy. I just read this iodine book by a David Brownstein: “Iodine: Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It”. This guy talks about how iodine can kill fungi, bacteria, viruses, detox heavy metals from the body, even the ones that other detox methods don’t get, remove evil fluoride, and basically just has miraculous effects on all the body systems. He says that 96% of all people on the planet are iodine deficient. When people come to him, he generally starts them off at pretty high doses, like 50 to 100mg a day, and sometimes twice a day. This is supposed to not only replenish the body’s iodine, but also to detox bromines, fluorines, metals, etc. It can also kill off any microbes that have taken up residence because of the body’s weakened immune system due to all those toxins. But there is this other book that I read which says that you ought to start off slowly and build up because of detox side-effects or whatnot. So, some people have started slow and as soon as they have a few drops, they start having symptoms. What are these symptoms from? Is it detox or what?

A: Activation of microbes drawing on the enhanced energy.

Q: (L) We sort of wondered if that was the case. Several of us, as soon as we had been taking iodine a few days, old issues started coming up, like cold sores and such. Several of us started having pains and tiredness and activation of some kind of viral condition, stiff neck, and a bunch of other things. It was similar to the herx reactions we had with the anti-biotic protocol. On the other hand, it seemed more like the viruses got energized by the iodine. Chu even had an attack of her cocksackie virus that flares up in her pancreas about once or twice a year. That’s what made me think that instead of backing off and lowering the dose, the best thing would be to raise the dose and nuke the critters. So, Chu doubled the dose and then did it twice a day. You went from 5 drops a day to 10 drops twice a day?

(Chu) Yeah.

(L) So, Instead of backing off like this other book says you should do, she just went full bore whole hog and nuked 'em. Is that advisable?

A: Indeed. The battle is difficult to win if you keep supplying the "critters" with food and energy.

Q: (Chu) And before, they said people who get symptoms, it's activation of microbes drawing on the enhanced energy...

(L) So if you get energized by taking the iodine, that energizes your critters too, and they start getting more active. But you're not taking enough of a dose to kill them. You're just taking enough to energize yourself, which then feeds them because you're not taking a microbicidal dose.

A: Exactly.

Q: (L) Timótheos did the same thing and so did the rest of us. When we started getting symptoms, we just took it up to the doses that Brownstein talks about: 50 to 100 mg per day or more. Okay. One of the things that Brownstein says in the book is that many people's problems are not so much critters as it is heavy metals. The iodine removes cadmium, mercury, lead, all kinds of metals from the body. It even cleans them out of the endocrine systems, which they preferentially occupy – it even removes the fluoride out of the pineal gland which is where it likes to live. Is that true? Does it do that?

A: Yes yes yes

Q: (Galatea) One more...

A: Yes

Q: (Galatea) Cool. [laughter]

Of course flushing out the stirred up toxins is just as important as killing the critters too.

Great thread, will take me a while to get through it all, but I’ve started out with 12.8 Trophic MGs and already feeling the Herx, which after about an hour from dosage feels 10x more heavier than the Herx I initially had from my first colloidal silver experience (even packs a mumpy punch!). Time to eat something salty.

Of course flushing out the stirred up toxins is just as important as killing the critters too.

Detoxing from metals, fluoride or bromine isn't a question of doses up to 50 mg. Bromine is heavily removed by salted water, and iodine doses between 100 and 150 mg. Iodine doses ranging between 200 and 300 mg start removing mercury. The symptom of releasing mercury is bitter taste on tongue, emerging about 30-60 minutes from iodine ingestion. 200-300 mg is a dose that can get all the toxins from the body in a half year, or even less.

Last edited:
Great thread, will take me a while to get through it all, but I’ve started out with 12.8 Trophic MGs and already feeling the Herx, which after about an hour from dosage feels 10x more heavier than the Herx I initially had from my first colloidal silver experience (even packs a mumpy punch!). Time to eat something salty.

You could try 50 mg now, this allow you to verify information in last few comments about low doses dangers.

You could try 50 mg now, this allow you to verify information in last few comments about low doses dangers.

I agree. I have a whole host of symptoms off that one dose alone. Last night I couldn’t stay awake past 9:30. Just now, I woke up this morning feeling like a bag of bricks. Intermittent spells of dizziness, brain fog, muscle soreness, sweats. Luckily I don’t have a recurring viral infection that can be exacerbated by this that I know of. But I have had positive effect as well, like sudden bout of clarity here and there that I haven’t felt in a long time. So I can definitely tell I had a deficiency, but yeah, I mainly just fed critters yesterday.

One question: is the protocol, with the co-factors, the same taking 2.50 mg of lugol than 50 mg? So far I took more than 20 drops of 2% lugol, always one drop. Low doses. In general it only makes me sleepy and with bad mood.

Back
Top Bottom