Investor Kyle Bass drops bombshells: Chinese general just bought 200-square-mile Texas ranch along U.S.-Mexico border and has sinister plans

JGeropoulas

The Living Force
If true, it sounds like China's building a 'forward base of operation" to occupy the U.S.
Investor Kyle Bass was recently flying to the Lone Star state along the U.S.-Mexico border, when he was told that a former Chinese military general-turned-billionaire had just managed a straw purchase of a major tract of land that spans 200 square miles and features a runway which Bass believes will be expanded to 10,000 feet from its current 4,000-5,000 foot length, as well as elements of a wind farm with the ability to tap into the state’s power grid.

Bass noted that the name of the property is the Morning Star ranch, reminiscent of the Bible’s reference to Lucifer as the “morning star.” He went on to note that the property is ominously on "Devil's Creek". Bass said that the general is very connected to the Chinese Communist Party and that he is director of dozens of local CCP branches back in his home country. In addition, he has two retired People’s Liberation Army generals serving as his closest advisers.

The investor went on to explain that the location of the 130,000-acre property is less than ideal for a wind farm but it was purchased by the Chinese general anyway because it has “strategic” value: It happens to be next door to one of the United States’ most active Air Force bases.

Especially with the understanding that it's nigh-impossible to be ex-CCP, that the ex-general suddenly turned billionaire, how surprising is that. It's very hard to believe these agents are acting spontaneously or even with mere tacit agreement from their overseers. Especially with 2 more ex-general advisers? To me it seems the CCP must actively be directing this expansion.

In the power struggle between USA and China, these type of news create lot of interpretations of convenience. China is diversifying its wealth in many areas including lot of real estate in the US too for more than decade. If the US govt. wants to snatch it, I think they can do it easily for one reason or other. After all, they stole presidential election in front of the whole world. Probably this is due to lack of trust in US government's ability to rule itself. It is this lack of control feeds into lot of conspiracies. It is quite possible China may use it for its advantage if the situation demands, but speculating it to use it as a military base is too early IMHO. Using it as a military base is nothing less than world war and Sampson option.

China and Russia very well know, the best thing they can do for US is to leave it alone and shoot itself, which it is doing so well for some time. Bass is no innocent in interpreting this way.

Billionaire investor Kyle Bass dropped major bombshells during an interview last week that should worry every American and leave them wondering where in the world the Biden administration is.

In a video, Bass, the founder of Hayman Capital Management who made much of his money shorting the housing industry ahead of the 2007-08 collapse, has been a frequent critic of the ChiCom regime and as such follows it carefully. And when he discovered that the regime in Beijing just managed to obtain a major foothold in the United States, he had to go public.

Bass noted that the name of the property is the Morning Star ranch, reminiscent of the Bible’s reference to Lucifer as the “morning star.” He went on to note that the property is ominously on "Devil's Creek".
This aside tells me a lot about the mentality that this kind of reporting is designed to appeal to. To me this looks like a set-up for more hybrid war justification. It seems like someone really wants to link the nativism that supported the Trump border wall with the idea of China as some kind of existential threat to US demographics. China's an economic competitor for sure, but existential? All the major drives to make the US more racially and culturally heterogeneous have been coming from another corner entirely. I'm sure those actors warmly welcome this kind of dog and pony show to blow smoke around the issue.

Another issue I may think be related is the BLM-adjacent #StopAsianHate campaign, which launched this year and almost immediately capitalized on several shootings by lone nuts (sound familiar?)
From Wiki:
Stop Asian Hate is the name of several anti-Asian-violence rallies which have been held across the United States in 2021 in response to racism against Asian Americans related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Many of these rallies occurred in the wake of a series of shootings which occurred at three Atlanta spas in which eight people were killed, six of whom were Asian American women. However, the movement first began to gain traction after the killing of Vicha Ratanapakdee nearly two months earlier.
In spite of all the reports on hate crime statistics (perpetrated by and large by whom?), I have yet to see any group explicitly associated with #StopAsianHate decry the Biden administration for dropping the lawsuit against a major academic institution for (what is IMO clearly) anti-Asian discrimination. These institutions are envied the world over for academic placements. Even in China, being a Yale or Harvard graduate almost guarantees invitation to the highest academic circles there, even if only to give their own native Chinese networks greater interpenetration with the American ones for research cooperating and sympathetic assimilation of the "aura" of the best of US higher learning. This tells me that whatever the group behind #StopAsianHate, I don't think it's the Chinese.

This makes me wonder if the long-term goal would be to puff a group like BLM up to repeat the reaction in 2016 and 2020, but with a right-wing candidate that is fully controlled and gung-ho about Chinese hybrid war and encirclement. Another sneaky way to turn the dissident right wingers into born-again war hawks for US imperialism. It's been pretty discouraging, since 2020 started, to see all these right-wing groups jump aboard the anti-China bandwagon of seeing it as an existential threat, mostly on suspicion of them genetically engineering a virus for world domination (TM). For right-wing groups to exist and receive financing (eg, Rebel Media in Canada), they generally seem to either need to be pro-Zionist or very anti-Chinese, or serve some other US foreign policy goal.

I agree with Whitecoast here. Stripped of the sensationalist (and fear-inducing) tone, I see this:

Investor Kyle Bass was recently flying to the Lone Star state along the U.S.-Mexico border, when he was told that a former Chinese military general-turned-billionaire had just managed a straw purchase of a major tract of land that spans 200 square miles and features a runway

A rich Chinese dude has invested in some land.

which Bass believes will be expanded to 10,000 feet from its current 4,000-5,000 foot length,
"believes" - based on what? And if true, then what?

as well as elements of a wind farm with the ability to tap into the state’s power grid.

How evil, the wind farm is connected to the state's power grid! Not that this is what a wind farm is designed to do!

“This is happening inside the United States,” Bass emphasized. “This general is actually interfacing directly with the critical infrastructure of the United States.”

LOL. If that's how the Chinese want to invade the US, using wind farms to "connect to critical infrastructure", then I guess people can chill.

Bass noted that the name of the property is the Morning Star ranch, reminiscent of the Bible’s reference to Lucifer as the “morning star.” He went on to note that the property is ominously on "Devil's Creek".

Gimme a break.

Bass said that the general is very connected to the Chinese Communist Party

Oh no, a Chinese ex-general who, of all things, is connected to the CCP!? How could that have happened?

and that he is director of dozens of local CCP branches back in his home country. In addition, he has two retired People’s Liberation Army generals serving as his closest advisers.

Basically, a guy who made a successful military/political career in China, then went into business, taking some of his buddies with him. Totally unknown concept in the West, that.

The investor went on to explain that the location of the 130,000-acre property is less than ideal for a wind farm but it was purchased by the Chinese general anyway because it has “strategic” value: It happens to be next door to one of the United States’ most active Air Force bases.

Uhm, how does he know this? And what does he think this "ex general" will do - launch missiles on US airplanes from the top of his wind turbines?

Seriously, there is something to be said about rich Chinese people buying land in the US (smart) because the US allows such things (not so smart) whereas China keeps a tighter control on foreign investments (smart), but this "the commies are coming!!" narrative designed to scare right-wingers is really way over the top.

But I definitely WOULD worry about wind farms, Chinese-owned or otherwise!

Last edited:
I agree with Whitecoast here. Stripped of the sensationalist (and fear-inducing) tone, I see this:

Yes, and much of it is based on the common anti China propaganda that is so popular in the west and especially in the US. For those who saw some "China conspiracy" there, it might be worthwhile to read the following thread in its entirety:

Step 2 is to send half the Chinese army on vacation to Mexico as cover. And then to invade the country through the border?

Brutal.

Who would like to serve under this general jackass who stewarded this plan?

No heavy equipment, no tanks, no air support. But a plan straight out of a B movie.

This sudden communist apologia surprises me.
Basically, a guy who made a successful military/political career in China, then went into business, taking some of his buddies with him. Totally unknown concept in the West,
Yes. Except it's the CCP who assigns if you get rich. And if you stay rich. This is not just 'a guy who made a successful career'. There is no such thing as an independent billionaire CCP ex-general.

It's the same as saying Colin Powell, just a guy who made a successful military/political career in the US, then goes in business, taking some of his buddies with him, say General Petraeus and Kerry,. Then, having earned billions through state service, they went and bought a few hundred square miles inside Russia on the border with a NATO-ally.

And then you went, 'nothing to see here'.

Step 2 is to send half the Chinese army on vacation to Mexico as cover. And then to invade the country through the border?

Brutal.

Who would like to serve under this general jackass who stewarded this plan?

No heavy equipment, no tanks, no air support. But a plan straight out of a B movie.

I'm curious why the assumption that the only nefarious intent the CCP has is for a traditional sub-4th generational invasion. It's not like they need to, as the CCP and the US are now in total lockstep under the globalists again, so ongoing conflict is just narrative management theater, but the roles are switching, and I do not understand how one could discount the strategic value of instep into 'enemy territory'.

The fact of the purchase of such a tract of land is interesting enough. I don't know the history of the US' x hundreds of foreign military bases. Do you think every single foreign base the US ever acquired was through consensual, clear and specific military accords? Or was the private market ever used to establish a foothold before announcing the fait accompli?

I don't get the urge to ridicule the topic. I haven't traveled that much - the dozen+ countries I visited were all in the Americas - but all over I saw the influence of the Chinese, buying up the continent across all scales and - according to locals I hung with in most regions - generally undermining sovereign function of the communities so as to grow more Chinese dependencies. Seeing as that was their M.O. internationally for the 5 years I travelled last decade, and I've heard the same reports out of Africa, S-E Asia and everywhere, your version of "nothing to see here" really gets me more thoughtful, more than anything else.

and I do not understand how one could discount the strategic value of instep into 'enemy territory'.

Do you realize the immense logistics behind such an operation? This ain't no red-dawn movie or a Red Alert 2 videogame.

I don't get the urge to ridicule the topic. I haven't traveled that much - the dozen+ countries I visited were all in the Americas - but all over I saw the influence of the Chinese, buying up the continent across all scales and - according to locals I hung with in most regions - generally undermining sovereign function of the communities so as to grow more Chinese dependencies. Seeing as that was their M.O. internationally for the 5 years I travelled last decade, and I've heard the same reports out of Africa, S-E Asia and everywhere, your version of "nothing to see here" really gets me more thoughtful, more than anything else.

Nothing suspicious about simply doing business all over the world. How many foreign military bases does China operate. There lies your answer. For empire-building, you need both soft and hard power. The latter is not in play.

The US is already occupied by a Deep State Globalist Cabal. Not China.

Interesting timing, how is this related to old Billy doing almost the same thing? Seeing this topic, Bill Gates and his vast swathes of land, much active as of late, though it has been on and off the news for the past year.

Bill and Melinda Gates’ foothold on farmland​

[...] According to the Winter 2020 issue of The Land Report, a quarterly magazine that tracks U.S. land sales, Bill and Melinda Gates now own 242,000 acres of farmland worth “more than $690 million.”

If their “transitional” and “recreational” acres are added in, the Gateses own 268,984 acres.

[...]

Much of the land, mostly purchased in the last decade, lies in the South: 69,071 acres in Louisiana, 47,927 acres in Arkansas, 16,963 acres in Mississippi and 14,828 in Florida.

It's the same as saying Colin Powell, just a guy who made a successful military/political career in the US, then goes in business, taking some of his buddies with him, say General Petraeus and Kerry,. Then, having earned billions through state service, they went and bought a few hundred square miles inside Russia on the border with a NATO-ally.

But this was precisely my point: it IS just the same. It's just how it works and has always worked. Except that Powell or Dick Cheney probably could not buy vast lands in China, or heavily invest in China's energy sector, because unlike the US, China is too smart to allow "open borders neoliberalism".

Kind of ironic if you think about it: this kind of globalism/open borders neoliberalism was promoted by the US/West because they were the biggest bully in town and could "shock-doctrinate" countries all over the world. But now there is China, and the concept comes back to bite them! (However, a Chinese billionaire buying a windfarm in the US is a very far cry indeed from what the US did in Russia, Eastern Europe or Latin America, where they used their billionaire class to completely subvert and plunder nations and turn them into failed states...)

But this was precisely my point: it IS just the same. It's just how it works and has always worked. Except that Powell or Dick Cheney probably could not buy vast lands in China, or heavily invest in China's energy sector, because unlike the US, China is too smart to allow "open borders neoliberalism".

Kind of ironic if you think about it: this kind of globalism/open borders neoliberalism was promoted by the US/West because they were the biggest bully in town and could "shock-doctrinate" countries all over the world. But now there is China, and the concept comes back to bite them! (However, a Chinese billionaire buying a windfarm in the US is a very far cry indeed from what the US did in Russia, Eastern Europe or Latin America, where they used their billionaire class to completely subvert and plunder nations and turn them into failed states...)

Yes, exactly. I totally agree with this take, in fact, as I read the headline the first thing that came to mind was Yuri Bezmenov telling us, it's too late, that's the weakness of the west, you have open borders, we've been smuggling agents for decades - in that sense, nothing here is unexpected, and this is indeed business as usual in terms of what can happen on the grand chessboard.

I apologize if I misinterpreted you. I heard connotations of denial, more than merely downplaying. I agree that the take is sensationalistic, I just think that as long as the story about the land being bought is true, this is interesting and most likely originating from deep CCP causes.

It doesn't matter if it is connected to the grid - the Chinese would have other ways to interact with such a system. But there are things that only a frontier plot allows, trafficking and especially keeping a copy of the keys to the immigration floodgates. I don't know, and I'm not worried, but there are indeed significant strategic value to such a plot even without any buildings or significant logistical requirements.

I don't think it's any reason to cry wolf, but definitely something I'd like to keep track of. I don't watch spectator sports, but I do like watching the chessboard.

Back
Top Bottom