Interrogative Imperative Institute

Neil

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
I discovered this site a couple months ago. They are a sufi group discussing something called "Cassiopaean Hermeneutics." The author claims to critically analyze Laura's work, but seems to be using that as a guise to convince you that it is groundless. I haven't delved deeply into the material and don't really have the time, but I thought some of you might want to check it out. Here is a snippet from their introduction to the Cassiopaean material.
Interrogative Imperative Institute said:
A visitor to this Sufi Community Learning Center made contact via e-mail and, among other things, began talking about a group of people who seemed to like what the Sufi tradition had to say about the mystical path - especially, as outlined through the works of Ibn al-'Arabi. However, the group of people to whom this visitor was alluding also approached things from a perspective that the visitor found both interesting, as well as puzzling.
More specifically, the aforementioned group of individuals operated out of a paradigm which, to some extent, revolved around a set of communications which, apparently, had been channeled via beings who referred to themselves as the Cassiopaeans. They described themeselves as 6th density (a level of consciousness or awareness), STO (Service To Others) beings who were responding to a request for assistance by one of the group members concerning matters of spirituality, life, identity, meaning, purpose, truth, and reality. In addition, they indicated that they (the Cassiopaeans) were the future of the person or people they were addressing.
Before you roll your eyes and click to elsewhere on the Internet, you might want to consider a few possibilities. The revelations which have come to Muhammad, Jesus, Moses, David, Abraham, and others (peace and blessings be upon them all) are a form of channeling that comes via the Archangel Gabriel (peace be upon him). Moreover, the unveiling which comes through mystical experiences is a form of channeling known as tajalli which 'descends' on the individual through the Grace of God. Sensory experiences are a form of channeling in which wave forms from the physical/material world are mediated by, among other dimensions of being, the human brain. Thought, itself, is a form of channeling in which the quality of intelligence is filtered through, or channeled by, the nafs, or the heart, or the spirit, or whatever interior faculty, or set of such faculties, that is tapping into the streaming of Aql (both in the sense of spiritual insight, as well as in the sense of everyday sorts of reasoning) which is being illuminated within the realm of awareness or consciousness. And, finally, education, television, radio, and the Internet are all modalities of channeling information to us - information which may, or may not, be reliable, true, or of value - and we are the 'mediums' who must decide about the character of that which is being channeled to, and through, us.
Ever heard of these people? It's probably not a big deal but I didn't see it listed on the forum, so I thought I'd mention it.
The address is hxxp://spiritual-health(dot)org/Sufi/Community/Food

Yes, heard of him. He wrote me a few emails and wanted me to join his forum and help him boost his popularity. I didn't have time and told him so, and he took this as a personal rejection with his silly website as the result. Unbelievable self-importance going on there.

But, like my daughter says, it doesn't matter what they say about you as long as they spell your name right. If I wasn't the source of controversy or the target of attacks, I would know I had lost my way.

Sounds like "If you don't come to play with me, I'll debunk your material." Ibn al-'Arabi would turn over in his grave, I guess.

Just out of curiosity I counted the number of words this person spent on the C's: 153.879!! He must have been REALLY feeling rejected :)

I don't think there is much of a group there; at least there wasn't anything when he wrote to me. I had the impression that he wanted me to "join up" and drag all our readers and group members with me. In short, it was another "Vincent Bridges" ploy.

Back
Top Bottom