Interactions with "loonies"

RedFox said:
sarahelizabeth said:
Perhaps walking with greater "purpose" would deter them?

I'm a young, little, blonde female, even without the submissive physical actions (which I'm likely displaying), I'm already pigeonholed as a target.

Carrying pepper spray and/or a panic alarm could help, more so I think doing some self defence classes would give you the biggest boost.
It's not about doing these things out of fear of potential danger, but awareness of potential dangers and building knowledge/skills/tools for heading off potential dangers. That can bring a confidence that is protective, as it's based in awareness of reality.

Along those lines, you might like the following:
The Truth Perspective: A Time for Warriors: Interview with Stefan Verstappen
Behind the Headlines: Surviving the Psy-pocalypse - Interview with Stefan Verstappen

Sorry for the late response, I've been enthralled in my study. Thanks again for your recommendations and insight RedFox, since reading your previous post I haven't seemed to have any further encounters, it could simply be that knowledge that was required.

Funnily enough a few days prior to this my friend had mentioned taking some martial arts classes, so that might be a good idea as well. Finding the time between classes and Sott Transcribing is proving difficult.

Jennifer said:
Hi SarahElizabeth, I think Redfox's post is excellent and I just wanted to give a personal example related to the study he posted.
I work with adults with learning disabilities, this job has really made me evaluate my ability to erect boundaries, and also look at the way I carry myself and speak and what image that gives off, from the way the service users interact with me I think I was/am perceived as a 'soft touch' and therefore vulnerable to attack although I feel that I have made positive changes since first starting a year ago.

To cut a long story short I did not know the full history of one man that I work with, I knew he was on the sex register for something to do with children but was under the impression (from what I was told from a senior staff member) that it was a trivial thing, he is also a schizophrenic. He appears to be a very quiet and gentle man who is hesitant to speak, one would assume this meant he was nervous, he also doesn't like loud noises, so my approach was to be very gentle with him, trying to relate to him, engaging him in conversation and trying to build a rapport (which seemed to be the approach everyone else took with him). Over time there were a few red flags that came up very very occasionally and spread apart over time, I mentioned these to peers or seniors and it was sort of brushed under the rug although my manager did give me the advice to physically move away from him if he enters my personal space. One day we were sat in a cafe together on a table and I was chatting with him which led on to him asking me some really inappropriate questions of a sexual nature and totally overstepped my boundaries, I replied that I wasn't going to answer that as it was inappropriate and none of his business. Had I not had that piece of information from my manager- that it was perfectly acceptable and in the best interests of both him and myself to erect my boundaries I don't know what I would've done.

After reading his case history I was horrified that I had not read it before and left myself so open to attack, without the knowledge of his past I couldn't make an informed decision as to how to protect myself and I think this soft and gentle approach I took with him showed me as a weak victim that he felt confident enough to approach in this inappropriate manner.
After this happened I made an effort to never be alone with him, to be louder than I usually was, and to watch my body language so as not to give off the impression of being like a vulnerable little girl, as this seems to be what triggered him. For a long time up until this event I felt that if I was to move away from him or assert myself I was being 'mean' and would offend him but when it comes to your own personal safety these things have to go out the window imo. I found it helpful to play over scenarios and work out what I would try to do in each one, I think this was my way of trying to deal with the situation as I had very mixed emotions about it, and apprehend future attack. Since that event he has not approached me in this way again.

I would suggest reading Predators, pedophiles and rapists by Anna Salter, and also Character Disturbance by George Simon if you haven't already to try and understand how predators mind's work. And another book I found helpful for realizing that I had boundaries and was allowed to say no was Gabor Mate's When the body says no.

Also just to add, when I'm out in the community with service users, I think the general public probably thinks the service users I'm with are crazy too, although the adults I work with don't sound half as intrusive and loud as the ones that have been talking to you. But my point is that rather than labeling them as 'crazy', some are just severely damaged individuals on a whole host of toxic medication or drugs and products of our sick society, I say this just to give some perspective, although I still think that erecting your boundaries to protect your safety is paramount as you cannot know if they are dangerous or not, I would say it's always best to er on the side of caution.

I agree, RedFox has presented some incredibly valid points.

Thanks for your input as well Jennifer. I have friends that work in disability who would also be unimpressed with my use of the word "crazies" or "loonies" I don't mean it judgmentally, in this medium they're the easiest descriptive words to use, but I will try to be more considerate in future :)

[/quote]
I concur with Jennifer, Redfox actually has the best approach here.

Headphones are an easy band-aid in this situation and the results could actually be worse come to think of it.

An example would be that muggers will often target people with headsets as they are often accompanied by a shiny smartphone or portable play back device that can be an easy pawn.
[/quote]

Agreed zin, I um uneasy about wearing headphones - even without music playing it inhibits my ability to know my surroundings.

zak said:
RedFox said:
sarahelizabeth said:
Perhaps walking with greater "purpose" would deter them?

I'm a young, little, blonde female, even without the submissive physical actions (which I'm likely displaying), I'm already pigeonholed as a target.

Carrying pepper spray and/or a panic alarm could help, more so I think doing some self defence classes would give you the biggest boost.
It's not about doing these things out of fear of potential danger, but awareness of potential dangers and building knowledge/skills/tools for heading off potential dangers. That can bring a confidence that is protective, as it's based in awareness of reality.

Along those lines, you might like the following:
The Truth Perspective: A Time for Warriors: Interview with Stefan Verstappen
Behind the Headlines: Surviving the Psy-pocalypse - Interview with Stefan Verstappen
Also "Situational Awareness"
https://www.sott.net/article/296297-Situational-Awareness-Observe-Orient-Decide-Act
It's interesting too to follow the link in the comment at the end of the article
to cognize 'an other view': The Myth of Situational Awareness".

Thanks zak, I'll give those a read as well on the train home this afternoon.

All in all, it seems like awareness may have been key here. I haven't had any further interactions over the past week and a half since reading through the information RedFox presented.

Good thread.

I'm a reasonably big guy, so my experience is going to be quite different while walking around a city, though I definitely also feel nervous in bad neighborhoods. I can only imagine what you experience.

When I'm walking down the sidewalk, I often try to cultivate as non-threatening a mode as I can when there's a woman coming the other way. I tend to do a quick glance to see what people are ahead of me, and then try to send my awareness past and down the sidewalk and then stay in my own head, so as to not be an alarming presence.

But this one time, I remember a young woman did this thing with her eyes and energy...

There was a brief moment when we were approaching, -and she'd become aware of me before I had of her-, so when I glanced in her direction, she was already looking right at me, and locked eyes. It wasn't unfriendly or defiant, but it was powerful, she had initiated contact and controlled it and then released me on passing. All within about one or two seconds.

I'd describe it as, "Calm no-nonsense confidence. Like a powerful business executive." It felt like I'd been gently grappled by the forehead and I think I even unconsciously made extra space for her as we passed, and was certainly glad to have her behind me, thinking, "Whoa, no need to whack a guy like that! I'm just getting groceries."

Except why not? She didn't know me, and there was no harm done in establishing her boundaries.

Whatever training she'd undertaken sure worked, and it didn't seem to have taken her a lot of energy.

Anyway, I tucked the technique away for my own use if I ever need it.

Also...

You might check to see if there's a free shuttle bus at your university. Sometimes they'll take you right to your door.

As I always do, I claim responsibility for all my experiences. if you find you are attracting wierdos, etc, then I suggest you are uncertain how to deal with high strangeness. The schizos are also uncertain, and through subscription to materialist authority, have entered a quagmire. The world says they are crazy. They chose pharmaceutical allopathic medicine as a stop gap, a holding pattern unbtil they figure it out. The resolution is to accept you live in a multidimensional universe. Interestingly, what the crazies see is probably really there. Any Psychic could affirm this. The trick is to be well adjusted. Think of mediums. They can turn it on and off at will. They have a mechanism for dealing with extrasensory perception.

You have to resolve this, like any social situation. Ask how you feel about living in a fluid reality. You might feel betrayed by society. They have lied to you with a disempowering scientific belief, that "The world is material." Truth is, most can't see beyond this limited view. Those who do, can actually succeed in life.

To take power back means to confront the Tyrant, which is terrifying. I would suggest many of these szchizzos have traumatic abuse issues stemming from childhood. The reality is that....we are living in a predatory world. To face the truth, would drive you insane. This glimpse drove the sub-functioning street people crazy.

The ability to process cognitive complex waveforms requires energy, which they don't have. Energy comes from clearing up your issues. Facing honestly certain aspects of yourself which are considered private.

We all place a premium on camouflage, and the illusion of projected self image. We pretend not to see others faults. We are seldom instructed to, but we must do our internal homework. Generally, we are expected only to perform tasks for money. Our identity is based on our profession. Those who have gone crazy can no longer support the illusion of a mono dimensional reality, but they don't have the energy to expand their beliefs to accommodate their perceptions. They cant bathe, clothe themselves, or function effectively.

They were hit on the head hard with a plank of wood, as we all have when we arrived on Earth. They gave up the pretence of social niceties, but havent substituted it with anything better yet. Since they know what happened last time daddy stormed into the room, they are loathe to confront him again They must develop a belief in a higher power.

To do so requires a sense of autonomy: humility, forgiveness, a belief in magic. They must discover how to love others when they themselves have not been shown love. They came here to bring light, to help, but found the prevailing environment harsh beyond their ability to cope. I would even suggest, they are Angels who need rescuing. I am an undercover fallen angel rescuer.

In short, it's a sign for you to work on how you feel about reality, high strangeness, the petty tyrant, the universe, and everything. Make a conscious and firm resolution to adhere to your perceptions and create strategies to deal with those who cannot. Which is pretty much everybody.

Back
Top Bottom