Intellectual jokes

Unvaccinated volunteers for Pfizer, are necessary for our clinical trial of vaccination.
waiting for volunteers ;)
"People that have escaped our previous diabolical vaccination campaign are now invited to participate in our next diabolical campaign so that we can create a vaccine that will force even more people to escape. You might have guessed it already—this time, we are exponentially amplifying people, not viruses. PCR, Polymerase Chain Reaction? No, People Chain Reaction!" 😉

Zakharova always has a way with words, but I could not find what “by the zeroes” means in Russian slang. I thought it’d post here - maybe someone could help explain? 🤔

We agreed with Vladimir Legoyda that I would not congratulate him on his birthday. Because it was obvious: on that day it would not be available, since there were a million people who wanted to do it. And so it happened.

Therefore, I write, as they say in slang, "by zeros." And in Russian it's after midnight.
Dear Vladimir Romanovich, you are a man of amazing knowledge, greater love of life and an interesting destiny.
I remember as a freshman watching you, a student three or four years older. Your determination and devotion to your chosen path seemed incredible even then.
And here you are in your prime. It seems everything is done. But, in fact, everything is just beginning.
Many summers
Copy Translation

Attachments

• IMG_0066.png
    IMG_0066.png
    396.3 KB · Views: 5
Zakharova always has a way with words, but I could not find what “by the zeroes” means in Russian slang. I thought it’d post here - maybe someone could help explain? 🤔
By the context of the quote, it seems that "by zeros" meant simply after the clock had marked the midnight, i.e. on digital one all zeros appeared marking the beginning of the new day.

That might be confirmed/refuted by checking the time-stamp of Zaharova's birthday greeting Telegram post; if above interpretation is valid the time should be August 9th (the day after actual Legoyda's birthday as denoted in Zaharova's TG post) slightly after the midnight or thereabout, depending on the time zone.
FWIW.

Back
Top Bottom