Insect apocalypse

cope

Dagobah Resident
Why are the insects disappearing? Anything we can do about it?
Will they come back in the future?
Like once was asked about the frogs, leaving our sfere, is the same happening with the insects?

Didn't know where to put this, so I put it here. Several days ago, I noticed a lot of dead insects on the ground, and I mean a LOT. Supposedly my area is not under 5G; even 4G is not everywhere, but it striked me, and I wondered if some forumites have noticed this too? Could also be some cosmic things, but unusual for sure.

Didn't know where to put this, so I put it here. Several days ago, I noticed a lot of dead insects on the ground, and I mean a LOT. Supposedly my area is not under 5G; even 4G is not everywhere, but it striked me, and I wondered if some forumites have noticed this too? Could also be some cosmic things, but unusual for sure.
Here, in Bavaria, Germany, it is the opposite to the max. I live in the very center of a city of roughly 320 000 inhabitants and I am very very lucky to have a real garden (not a rooftop garden, which are very common here). And just some days ago I said to my husband that I have almost the feeling that our garden feeds almost all the insects of the city. It was a joke, of course not ALL come to my garden, but I have seen at least five different types of wasps (they are always looking for drinking water, I give it to them), several types of solitary bees which are rare, several longhorn beetles, honeybees, bumblebees, butterflies, even some quite big black hornets (I think they live in my third - unused - compost, but didn't find the main entrancehole, didn't look to hard) and - the only kinda nuisance - a bazillion of ants because of the mild winter we had here.

Through the last years I learned that city gardens are often much busier with insects and birds (I have a big list here too; bunt woodpecker, nuthatches, garden redstarts who are nesting in every sheltered small angle they can find, blackbirds, doves, different types of tits, even robins, and last year I found a feather of a jaybird (a total forest lover). There are bats too, two differnt types, one very very tiny (my female cat is dreaming of catching one...) than the countryside gardens. Why? I do not really know. Maybe it is that in the countryside there is not that much variety in plants, due to all the monoculture, but I think it is more than that. I think it has to do with the pesticides that are used more often in the countryside (or blown over by the wind), while in the cities people like me are interested in feeding insicts and therefore have more natural gardens. There has been a fashion of creating "clean" and rocky gardens in the last years here, with only some - trimmed - evergreens in it, I am sure that is also not the best for insects and other wildlife creatures.

well I saw pics of several spraying actions in different countries because of this plandemic, and certainly general disinfection won't be a good idea for any life...but I have the feeling that the cause of all these local massive insect deaths that are occuring for quite some time now are much more manifold than one might think.

Hi, found this in the news, it's insects related so...

Interview Cornelia Hesse-Honegger: «L’énergie nucléaire tue et déforme les insectes et les plantes»

Atomic Photographers Guild

An extract of the article: " the swiss artist has furrowed the surroundings of the whole world's nuclear plants as to observe radiation's aftermaths on local fauna, painting mutant forms of organisms. Disputed by some of the scientific community, her work is a pleading agaisnt nuclear."

PS: for the mods, if it's the wrong thread, please move this where it belong.

Hi, found this in the news, it's insects related so...

Interview Cornelia Hesse-Honegger: «L’énergie nucléaire tue et déforme les insectes et les plantes»

Atomic Photographers Guild

An extract of the article: " the swiss artist has furrowed the surroundings of the whole world's nuclear plants as to observe radiation's aftermaths on local fauna, painting mutant forms of organisms. Disputed by some of the scientific community, her work is a pleading agaisnt nuclear."

PS: for the mods, if it's the wrong thread, please move this where it belong.
I did not read the article yet but look the atomic photographers, and they are fascinating. Thank you for find this information. Insects are so important for all humanity.

Creepy...

Frisky GM mosquitoes to target bloodsucking females

Swarms of genetically modified mosquitoes could be unleashed in California to wipe out an invasive species capable of spreading deadly diseases.

Under a project already tested in Florida, two million male mosquitoes could eventually be introduced that carry a “kill switch” built into their DNA, meaning that their offspring die before maturity. Their mission is to mate with the invasive females, leading to population collapse.

Back
Top Bottom